This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
pieiscool32's profile picture

Tekkit+computercraft= no bundled cables?

Started by pieiscool32, 11 March 2012 - 08:56 PM
pieiscool32 #1
Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:56 PM
on tekkit I'm having problems with my bundled cables, if i have the computer it turn on, say green, it does nothing, but regular redstone works as well as rednet. any fixes?

P.S. I'm on ubuntu server using McMyAdmin with the latest tekkit server (2.1.1)
Casper7526 #2
Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:29 PM
Redpower has to be loaded before CC, you can do this by changing the name of redpower so that it's loaded before CC, this has been talked about numerous times for linux users.
pieiscool32 #3
Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:58 PM
ok, thanks for the help…
pieiscool32 #4
Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:52 PM
Wait, tekkit changed the computer craft folder to "[2]ComputerCraft" is there a way to change the code to make it so i don't have to rename the folder, because it says that computer craft is not installed correctly, but it is, it's just renamed.
Hawk777 #5
Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:31 AM
You can always rename the RedPower stuff instead of the ComputerCraft stuff. Those are JARs so they can be renamed without causing any trouble.
pieiscool32 #6
Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:32 AM
ok, but i tried to rename red power to "[1]ARedpower" and computer craft still loads first
Hawk777 #7
Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:14 AM
What about just “ARedPower” since A comes before C? Try some different names. It may also help to take everything out of your “mods” directory, then move RedPower in, then move all the other files back in; I heard reports from some people that some filesystems (maybe Windows ones?) sort files in the order they were added to the directory.
Casper7526 #8
Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:28 AM
No, this is mainly a linux problem as linux doesn't quite sort/load by letter. Some have had success with random letters, you can do "ls -f" ? something like that I read in another thread that will show you the true order they are loading in. Once again, I know it's a load order issue and it's FIXABLE but requires you to rename redpower until it works lol.
pieiscool32 #9
Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:47 PM
Well I'm running the server on an ubuntu server as stated before, and I wasn't able to get the name thing to work so well, but is there a way to get CC to read the [2]ComputerCraft file like with just ComputerCraft, like in the code or something, because tekkit is very sensitive and red power has so many different parts. So is there a way to rework the code for CC to get it to play nice and load from a different mod folder name?
pieiscool32 #10
Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:13 AM
As a desperate attempt, I'm going to try to look at the code and try to change the name of where it reads the folder for the bios.lua thing, if anyone knows where it is it would really help. Wish me luck, or find a better fix, because, as we know linux is silly and makes me angry.
pieiscool32 #11
Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:04 PM
ok, now I'm stuck, i have no idea where ti change it, help anyone?
bbqroast #12
Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:37 PM
Linux sorts by dates I believe. The simply fix seems to be fixing it on Windows and uploading them from Windows together that way they boot in the right order.
Go over to the IC2 forums, they have had much the same issue with all of IC2s addons. If anyone knows they do.
djblocksaway #13
Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:21 PM
run on windows it makes life easier :)/>/>
FuzzyPurp #14
Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:46 AM
Tekkit requires Bukkit - please read rules on bug reporting. Thread locked.