This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
FunshineX's profile picture

Testing peripherals

Started by FunshineX, 06 November 2012 - 08:18 AM
FunshineX #1
Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:18 AM
What is the best way to test peripherals? When I run from eclipse it won't let me add ComputerCraft so I can't really test it there. Do I really have to recompile and reobfuscate, create my mod.zip and add to my mods folder every time I make a change? I'm a very incremental coder and like to test after each new feature. This adds a ton of overhead. What do YOU guys do?
Orwell #2
Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:33 AM
This is what I do (Imibis' post): http://www.computerc...dpost__p__36267
This method works very well, as I can just hit the 'play' button in the menu of Eclipse to run a test. :D/>/> The blinking animation texture will not be displayed, but that's no issue for me.

Edit: I feel guilty for ninja'ing Espen's long and detailled post. :P/>/>
Espen #3
Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:35 AM
I make use of a tool called "Bearded Octo Nemesis" (or simply: BON), which can deobfuscate mods, so that you can use them from within the MCP dev-environment.
The way I use it is, I feed it the ComputerCraft .zip and store the result as a .jar in MCP's /lib folder.
Then in Eclipse I simply add it to the build-path of the project I'm working on and that's it. :D/>/>

Now when I run Minecraft directly via Eclipse then ComputerCraft gets loaded as well.
The only thing that's missing is the blinking-screen texture of the computer block. But since this is for testing purposes it doesn't really matter.

Thanks to immibis for such a handy tool! :P/>/>

EDIT: Ninja'd by Orwell.^^
Edited on 06 November 2012 - 08:35 AM
FunshineX #4
Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:58 AM
Thanks guys. I'll give it a try
FunshineX #5
Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:34 AM
OK this *kind* of worked. I can launch MC from eclipse and it loads CC, and my peripheral is there, but I cannot craft my turtle peripheral with any turtle, so I cannot really test it. Should this work and I'm doing something wrong? If i recompile and reobf it works fine in a normal mc world.
Espen #6
Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:45 AM
Did you take a look into the Forge log and see if your mod is being loaded when you start MC from Eclipse?
Look at your-mcp-folderjarsForgeModLoader-client-0.log and see if it gets loaded or, if not, what the problem is.