This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Ehrlingby's profile picture

More advanced turtle.suck() and drop request

Started by Ehrlingby, 11 November 2012 - 08:33 AM
Ehrlingby #1
Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:33 AM
It's kind of rude to make a request when you're so new on the forums, but I was wondering if this already exists or if someone could make a peripheral that can do this;

Is it possible for turtle.suck() and turtle.drop() to suck and drop from a specific slot of an inventory like a chest? If a turtle would be able to that it could copy crafting recipes and recite them when told to do so, which means that you could for example learn your logistics pipes crafting system new recipes from a remote location easily. Is this already possible with vanilla CC?
jag #2
Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:44 AM
You'll have to be smart about it and use what you got.
Orwell #3
Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:45 AM
Indeed, I've got a crafting program that uses the order of dropping and sucking to sort this out.
someone9999 #4
Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:35 PM
I'll make a peripheral that does this. I have already been working on something very similar, so this should work perfectly with the peripheral I'm working on.
Ehrlingby #5
Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:54 PM
I'll make a peripheral that does this. I have already been working on something very similar, so this should work perfectly with the peripheral I'm working on.

Thank you so much.. You could of course do it like Orwell describes it but it won't work with recipes like an itemframe for example, where the first row is filled with sticks the turtle.suck() would simply start stacking the sticks instead spreading them out evenly over the inventory. When you make this peripheral could you also add the function to transfer across inventories by specifying two invslots, so that you can suck from slot 9 in a chest into slot 4 of the turtle and vice versa? This peripheral would be really awesome for advanced automatic sorting and crafting systems
Orwell #6
Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:45 AM
Which version are you on? CC 1.46 (maybe also 1.45) has a 'turtle.transferTo(slot)' function. My program, which was for an older version, just dropped and sucked the items into the right slot.