This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Jasonfran's profile picture

[V.1.1 RELEASED!] BETA CCEmail Real Worldwide Email

Started by Jasonfran, 12 November 2012 - 02:37 AM
Jasonfran #1
Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:37 AM
DEVELOPMENT HALTED AS MechaTallon is creating CCEmail revamped which is based off of this

Download:
http://pastebin.com/bf9e5CCh

Ignore the TODO list at the top of the code. I forgot to remove it

or

pastebin get bf9e5CCh
You need StringUtils API from here and put it inside your APIs folder

Please report bugs

Please don't hate and call me a noob or something. I would appreciate feedback even though this is still beta stage. Code snippets that will help are welcome too. and I know some of it isn't needed, I have been in a rush. This will all be cleaned up in the next release.

Note: It will need HTTP enabled on multiplayer servers and the client for single player

Open .minecraft/config/ComputerCraft.cfg in a text editor. And change The HTTP setting to true. Like this:

Hello, I have a new program in development and it is 80% completed. I believe it is the first of its kind and at the moment it is just a proof of concept build. It doesn't look pretty and the UI isn't very good but it works. So hopefully later today or tomorrow I will have a working prototype build read for download.

NO MODS NEEDED, JUST THE STRINGUTILS API! (Just for one function too… ;( )

Your saftey:

Passwords are encrypted using the SHA1 encryption, this is secure but I would prefer you to not use your minecraft password JUST IN CASE something happened although you can if you want. I CANNOT SEE PASSWORDS!!!

How to use:
  • Register (Preferably your minecraft username, No spaces)
  • Login
  • Get someones username
  • Send and recieve!
This is no RedNet email, this is real world wide web email. You will be able to use this to communicate cross server to friends or Minecraft players that are cool and you wanted to stay in contact with. At the moment it only sends text messages.

Features:
  • You can send messages to any computer running this program no matter where it is in THE WORLD. Anyone can get the messages, you don't have to be on the same world, computer or server. Yes, it really is that awesome.
Coming up in later versions (I hope):
  • The ability to send coloured messages
  • The ability to send programs and files
  • Global program database
  • The ability to control computers and turtles via the internet
  • The ability to control computers across many SMP servers without being there. Be able to run programs and send redstone pulses too.
All those could take a long time but hopefully I will keep developing this after I release the first few versions.

And this is 100% real, I have spent hours non-stop working on this. :unsure:/>/>/>/>
Leo Verto #2
Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:39 AM
Do you use any socket peripherals or a HTTP proxy for this?
Otherwise it would be kinda impossible.
Jasonfran #3
Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:40 AM
Do you use any socket peripherals or a HTTP proxy for this?
Otherwise it would be kinda impossible.
HTTP
Sammich Lord #4
Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:23 AM
Do you send the email to a custom site running a PHP script, that saves the email to a MySQL database, then whenever somebody connects to the sites and logs in it sends their queued emails?
Jasonfran #5
Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:24 AM
Do you send the email to a custom site running a PHP script, that saves the email to a MySQL database, then whenever somebody connects to the sites and logs in it sends their queued emails?
Pretty much, but it's still the first one made or at least posted on the forums
Sammich Lord #6
Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:18 AM
FYI, this should be in the general section until any code is shown.
Jasonfran #7
Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:41 AM
But it'll be up in like a few hours and it'd be a pain to move it
Cruor #8
Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:41 AM
This post is kinda lacking code, and program section is for released programs only, mind to share some code? :unsure:/>/>
Lyqyd #9
Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:21 AM
But it'll be up in like a few hours and it'd be a pain to move it

Then why not put the post up in a few hours when the code is ready?
Jasonfran #10
Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:23 AM
I seen other people do it, so I thought I'd just set up the post ready. All I need to do now is get the inbox and add a way to delete messages. Tomorrow evening and it should be done
Jasonfran #11
Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:42 AM
Version 1.0 Released!! I may now rest for a while
rhyleymaster #12
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:07 AM
Ive run across an error.
rhyleymaster #13
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:15 AM
also, Cross server communications :P/>/>
Jasonfran #14
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:17 AM
I'm not on PC at the moment but what is that line? And have you installed string utils and make sure the loadApi filepath is correct right at the top of the script.

Edit: Just checked, its the stringutils api. Make sure the file path is correct and that you downloaded it.
rhyleymaster #15
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:26 AM
Yes, i got passed it.
rhyleymaster #16
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 AM
Also, whenever i try to send it says Command not recognized. Whats the sending format?
Jasonfran #17
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:30 AM
Also, whenever i try to send it says Command not recognized. Whats the sending format?
Just type send. Each command will open a new screen. Just type what it says.
rhyleymaster #18
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:47 AM
when i type send it sends an error

nvm, its working now.

I sent a test to you lol
Jasonfran #19
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:50 AM
OK. I'll reply tomorrow XD not on PC. Just checked the database, and its there so now I can stop worrying about it not working.
Dlcruz129 #20
Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:05 AM
So is this a cross-server rednet program? I'm assuming this will not check my gmail. :P/>/>

EDIT: 100th post! YAY! I'm a scripter now! I used to be a kiddie at scripting, now I'm a professional scripter! And they told me it wouldn't happen overnight. :)/>/>.
PixelToast #21
Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:21 PM
i love that insecure php file
http://computercraftemail.tk/Checklogin.php?username=admin&password=1234
anonimo182 #22
Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:34 PM
http://computercraft...n&password=1234
Every single thing you type there is a login sucesfully
rhyleymaster #23
Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:22 PM
EDIT: 100th post! YAY! I'm a scripter now! I used to be a kiddie at scripting, now I'm a professional scripter! And they told me it wouldn't happen overnight. :P/>/>.
Congrats! I got my kiddie today :)/>/>
rhyleymaster #24
Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:28 PM
http://computercraft...n&password=1234
Every single thing you type there is a login sucesfully

Hacks! The hacks!
rhyleymaster #25
Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:31 PM
Is your send server down? I keep getting this error:
Heracles421 #26
Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:52 PM
It looks really cool, congrats. I have a sugestion: instead of asking for a command make a menu where you choose what to do.
Sammich Lord #27
Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:46 PM
I get the same error. I see the problem, the "getMessageForm()" function is defined after line 404 which calls the function. Make sure to always define functions in the correct order.
rhyleymaster #28
Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:48 PM
I get the same error. I see the problem, the "getMessageForm()" function is defined after line 404 which calls the function. Make sure to always define functions in the correct order.

Does not fix the problem for me.
Sammich Lord #29
Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:53 PM
The author will have to fix it. He defines functions in a weird order.
Jasonfran #30
Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:08 PM
Its not insecure
Jasonfran #31
Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:10 PM
It worked for me?
And some noob created 2900 accounts and removed the hashing so the password was potato. But luckily I knew this would happen
rhyleymaster #32
Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:50 AM
It worked for me?
And some noob created 2900 accounts and removed the hashing so the password was potato. But luckily I knew this would happen

NOT me :3
Jasonfran #33
Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:18 AM
I have made it so I can block IPs now. Anyone thats spams accounts will be blocked. I also hoped more people would use this :P/>/> considering the amount of time I spent on it
Sammich Lord #34
Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:17 AM
I have made it so I can block IPs now. Anyone thats spams accounts will be blocked. I also hoped more people would use this :P/>/> considering the amount of time I spent on it
You may want a way to setup perms for certain IP address. For instance, a server my use this and the server may have 100 people creating accounts, however a single client will prob only setup a max of 5. Maybe setup a website where you can request server perms so you can have more users per IP address. I believe this will keep the database secure.
Jasonfran #35
Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:23 AM
I can easily do that in a few lines of PHP. I'll sort it later.
bjornir90 #36
Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:59 AM
I have made it so I can block IPs now. Anyone thats spams accounts will be blocked. I also hoped more people would use this :)/>/> considering the amount of time I spent on it
Wait for people to discover it :P/>/> Also I think you could post it on minecraft forum in the content pack subforum because there isn't much people on this forum.
Jasonfran #37
Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:04 AM
I have made it so I can block IPs now. Anyone thats spams accounts will be blocked. I also hoped more people would use this :)/>/> considering the amount of time I spent on it
Wait for people to discover it :P/>/> Also I think you could post it on minecraft forum in the content pack subforum because there isn't much people on this forum.
I'll do that when I have more security. Thanks for the tip
bjornir90 #38
Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:19 AM
I'll do that when I have more security. Thanks for the tip
You're welcome :o/>/> I think too this must be used by the whole computercraft community :D/>/>
Here is a link to the site : http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/51-minecraft-mods/
Jasonfran #39
Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:51 AM
I see you haven't signed up yet though :P/>/>
Sammich Lord #40
Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:59 AM
I still get the Line 404 attempt to index a nil value error. Can you update the pastebin to the one you have(Since you said it is working for you)?
bjornir90 #41
Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:13 AM
I see you haven't signed up yet though :P/>/>
Yes i'm sorry but I can't go to my computer today, I will test it all tomorrow :)/>/>
Jasonfran #42
Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:22 AM
I still get the Line 404 attempt to index a nil value error. Can you update the pastebin to the one you have(Since you said it is working for you)?
I'll look into it but the original seemed to work. I'll fix it and post it
tom2018 #43
Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:26 AM
ya i am getting same error with Line 404 attempt to index a nil value error
is it because the function on 404 is defined after on 458?
Sammich Lord #44
Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:36 AM
That is what I am thinking. Also, in the "main()" function, it calls itself. That is a stack overflow waiting to happen.
Jasonfran #45
Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:42 AM
That is what I am thinking. Also, in the "main()" function, it calls itself. That is a stack overflow waiting to happen.
I fixed the bug and code snippets are welcome. I did have a while loop there but it caused problem I'll see if I can get it to work again and stop it from calling itself
Sammich Lord #46
Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:53 AM
Thanks for the fix! Funny thing is that you can send messages to yourself :P/>/>
Jasonfran #47
Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:56 AM
Thanks for the fix! Funny thing is that you can send messages to yourself :P/>/>
Well you can do that on real email so I thought I would keep the feature in
rhyleymaster #48
Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:04 PM
Man, this is my new favorite program. I log on atleats 5 times a day :P/>/>
Tiin57 #49
Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:08 PM
…now I'm a professional scripter!…
Not quite. You have a ways to go, young Padawan. :P/>/>
Edit: On-topic, good job, jasonfran. excellent job, jasonfran.
rhyleymaster #50
Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 PM
also, hey you should take your program to the Next level! an HTTP IRC in CC!
Tiin57 #51
Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 PM
also, hey you should take your program to the Next level! an HTTP IRC in CC!
Already done by Stiepen / Kilobyte.
rhyleymaster #52
Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:58 PM
Oh hey.. just an issue with your IP ban thing. If someone puts this program on their server, and some noob spams the accounts, Will it ban the ENTIRE server?
PixelToast #53
Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:23 PM
Oh hey.. just an issue with your IP ban thing. If someone puts this program on their server, and some noob spams the accounts, Will it ban the ENTIRE server?
yup c:
moar exploits

seriously though
instead of a complete ip ban just limit the amount of accounts you can create in a minute
Jasonfran #54
Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:03 PM
yup c:
moar exploits

seriously though
instead of a complete ip ban just limit the amount of accounts you can create in a minute
I am going the set up the limit later. It already records the IP just in case. And there will be a few exploits as its only a few days old
Leo Verto #55
Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:37 AM
This is the official CC forum, and I don't think posting single CC programs on minecraft forum is a good idea.

I'm thinking of coding an alternative GUI for this, depends on how much free time I'll have though
Sammich Lord #56
Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:38 AM
There are a few major security risks with this. I also do not believe this is ready to be used on large servers.
Leo Verto #57
Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:54 AM
Ok, I'm rewriting most of the application now.
It turns out, you used a lot of code from the wiki and other sources and you jump from function to function.
I'll post my email client of you don't mind.
Sammich Lord #58
Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 AM
Ok, I'm rewriting most of the application now.
It turns out, you used a lot of code from the wiki and other sources and you jump from function to function.
I'll post my email client of you don't mind.
I was actually going to rewrite one myself. I had the idea a while back, but back then I was a complete noob with Lua.
Jasonfran #59
Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:56 AM
Feel free to create your own, you can send requests to my website as well if you want. It was really just a test and to prove it can be done. And technically I am still a noob :P/>/> lol. Feel free to do what you want.

Also there isn't really any security problems. Everything is kept secure server side. You can't view other peoples emails and you would be stupid to remove client side hashing as it is safer than encrypting it server side as it gets sent hashed and not in plain text
Sammich Lord #60
Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:35 AM
Feel free to create your own, you can send requests to my website as well if you want. It was really just a test and to prove it can be done. And technically I am still a noob :P/>/> lol. Feel free to do what you want.

Also there isn't really any security problems. Everything is kept secure server side. You can't view other peoples emails and you would be stupid to remove client side hashing as it is safer than encrypting it server side as it gets sent hashed and not in plain text
People can setup a program in C or other languages that use proxies to constantly spam the database, which will fill up the database and/or crash the site. There is a reason I am good at finding exploits…
Dlcruz129 #61
Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:53 PM
…now I'm a professional scripter!…
Not quite. You have a ways to go, young Padawan.

I know, I'm making fun of the ranking system here. I still make some of the BIGGEST, STOOPIDEST, mistakes.
Jasonfran #62
Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

People can setup a program in C or other languages that use proxies to constantly spam the database, which will fill up the database and/or crash the site. There is a reason I am good at finding exploits…
What about just blocking the amount of requests per second. So if the person requests 5 times in under a second then it will block the IP, if its a proxy IP then it will block that.
Sammich Lord #63
Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

What about just blocking the amount of requests per second. So if the person requests 5 times in under a second then it will block the IP, if its a proxy IP then it will block that.
Well first off, I can make it only request 4 times a second(4 accounts per second) I can also have it use a list of over a thousand proxies and have about 10 processes of this running at once. So, there is no way to avoid this.
Jasonfran #64
Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Well every server with a mysql database will have the same problem then if there is no way to stop it.
Well first off, I can make it only request 4 times a second(4 accounts per second) I can also have it use a list of over a thousand proxies and have about 10 processes of this running at once. So, there is no way to avoid this.
rhyleymaster #65
Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:14 AM
Hey, Why not host 2 servers? One as a secondary incase the first server cannot be reached?
Jasonfran #66
Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:43 AM
Hey, Why not host 2 servers? One as a secondary incase the first server cannot be reached?
I
I could
rhyleymaster #67
Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:40 PM
I
I could

The only problem I see is that you would need to have them synchronized.
Sammich Lord #68
Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:11 PM
I
I could

Or people will still constantly spam both servers, so you would still waste twice as much money for both servers.
Jasonfran #69
Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:15 AM
I
I could

Or people will still constantly spam both servers, so you would still waste twice as much money for both servers.
I have spent no money on any servers. I can have as many as I desire
Sammich Lord #70
Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:52 AM
I
I could

You would be wasting the time having to code something to sync them since people could just spam all of them. Our, people could just fill up the databases by constantly requesting a new file creation while using a ton of proxies.
rhyleymaster #71
Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:01 AM
I
I could

You would be wasting the time having to code something to sync them since people could just spam all of them. Our, people could just fill up the databases by constantly requesting a new file creation while using a ton of proxies.
That is actually very true. Why not add a line of code that denies access if you are using a Proxy?
TheVarmari #72
Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Help please
GravityScore #73
Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:53 PM
To solve issues with the need for the StringUtils API, I thought you might like a single-function SHA1 function. I wrote this a while ago as I needed it in a project, but your free to use it in this project if you want. I compiled it from bits and pieces in the StringUtil API by Thomas Farr. Remember to retain the credit to him that is at the top of the code.

Code can be found here.
Jasonfran #74
Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:18 AM
To solve issues with the need for the StringUtils API, I thought you might like a single-function SHA1 function. I wrote this a while ago as I needed it in a project, but your free to use it in this project if you want. I compiled it from bits and pieces in the StringUtil API by Thomas Farr. Remember to retain the credit to him that is at the top of the code.

Code can be found here.
Nice. I'll implement that next time I am on my PC
AndreWalia #75
Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:41 PM
This is awesome! mind if I use it in my OS?? I will put you in credits,Special thanks, and about!
http://bit.ly/XqukFn

please note that for it to work with my OS I will have to tweak the script VERY LITTLE. i just made it work on my OS (but i didn't release that version of the OS) and i only edited 4 lines!
you're the only person i need permission from because the API license says i don't need to ask :3
AndreWalia #76
Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:58 PM
i think you should add the ability to be able to add a description to your account and see other users descriptions by typing in their name.
GravityScore #77
Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Code can be found here.
Nice. I'll implement that next time I am on my PC

I'll do it for you :(/>/>

ID: kPDsWse9
PixelToast #78
Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:39 AM
a user named bp001 joined my server today, he made a program spamming your site with this line:

http.request("http://computercraftemail.tk/Send.php","message=RE:+your+mom+"..b.."username=1337Hax0r&password=PixelToast was here&loginname=1337Hax0r")
b is set by a weird function that makes a random set of characters
i banned him after i figured out he was doing this
UMayBleed #79
Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:39 PM
LOL love how it has PHP documents on the Notepad++, Do you program with php? I do, my website is customly programmed by me. (NOT THE FORUM!)
UMayBleed #80
Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:41 PM
Also, i dont advise allowing people to send emails from your server, most website servers have limited email sending, and people may use this for evil, and spam it.
Jasonfran #81
Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:41 AM
Also, i dont advise allowing people to send emails from your server, most website servers have limited email sending, and people may use this for evil, and spam it.
It doesn't use the PHP email function

LOL love how it has PHP documents on the Notepad++, Do you program with php? I do, my website is customly programmed by me. (NOT THE FORUM!)
Me no understand what you are on about?
Jasonfran #82
Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:44 AM
a user named bp001 joined my server today, he made a program spamming your site with this line:

http.request("http://computercraftemail.tk/Send.php","message=RE:+your+mom+"..b.."username=1337Hax0r&password=PixelToast was here&loginname=1337Hax0r")
b is set by a weird function that makes a random set of characters
i banned him after i figured out he was doing this
It did nothing but thanks anyway :(/>/>
nolongerexistant #83
Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:23 AM
Ooh, this looks nice! Imma use this one for sure :(/>/>
tom2018 #84
Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:34 PM
i forgot my password can i have it reset?
Jasonfran #85
Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:34 PM
i forgot my password can i have it reset?
I'll remove your account so you can recreate it
tom2018 #86
Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:44 AM
we need an contacts list
Jasonfran #87
Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:25 AM
Well someone else is helping develop it at the moment. So when that is posted put a suggestion on there