This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
majix560's profile picture

Wiki is practically unusable. please fix

Started by majix560, 13 March 2012 - 02:12 AM
majix560 #1
Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:12 AM
The ComputerCraft wiki is unnavigatable due to the fact that there is no organized table of contents.
The only pages in the menu are the built in pages from the wiki software.
You have to go to the "All pages" page.
But this page is sorted alphabetically by the page title.
This makes the pages completely unorganized based on the content of the pages.
We need a table of contents organized by the content of the pages so the average end-user will be able to use the wiki.
Most people that just want to play around with the mod will (I assume) not use it in this disorganized state.
passinglurker #2
Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:18 AM
many are already working to improve the wiki in the mean time for a table of contents click "lists"
Hawk777 #3
Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:37 AM
I've been working on the content pages, but not the higher-level organization such as a ToC would provide.
Advert #4
Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:19 AM
The ComputerCraft wiki is unnavigatable due to the fact that there is no organized table of contents.
The only pages in the menu are the built in pages from the wiki software.
You have to go to the "All pages" page.
But this page is sorted alphabetically by the page title.
This makes the pages completely unorganized based on the content of the pages.
We need a table of contents organized by the content of the pages so the average end-user will be able to use the wiki.
Most people that just want to play around with the mod will (I assume) not use it in this disorganized state.

Here:
This shows you all the 'lists' in the wiki: http://computercraft.info/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Lists

This shows you all the APIs: http://computercraft.info/wiki/index.php?title=Category:APIs
dan200 #5
Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:16 PM
It's a wiki. This means anybody can edit it. So if you think it needs improving, get off your ass and contribute!
ironsmith123 #6
Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:28 PM
Come check out my post about CCCFU…..and apply to help DO something about it!