This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
itunes89's profile picture

Not just diamond ;)

Started by itunes89, 13 November 2012 - 09:15 AM
itunes89 #1
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:15 AM
I noticed all the turtles only work with diamond, why not make them work with other kinds of tools too?
Doyle3694 #2
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:26 AM
They work with gemed tools…
KaoS #3
Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:05 AM
They work with gemed tools…

saywhat??? I never knew that :|
matejdro #4
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:08 PM
AFAIK only farming one works with gem hoe?

As for suggestion, I don't agree. I think turtle that can break blocks is very powerful item and it should not be cheap.
Luanub #5
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:34 PM
AFAIK only farming one works with gem hoe?

As for suggestion, I don't agree. I think turtle that can break blocks is very powerful item and it should not be cheap.

With the way it stands right now I agree with you, but once they implement durability to the tools that the turtles use then I think this suggestion is a good idea. They could just scale the rate at which the items take damage to match the regular tools. So a turtle with stone tools would need to have their tools replaced much faster then one that is using diamonds.

Oh and gemed tools should work for all the turtle types. I've used the axe and pickaxe.
Doyle3694 #6
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:49 PM
yep, they work for every turtle :P/>/>
Cranium #7
Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:42 AM
I definitely agree with this. Turtles breaking every possible block with the exception of bedrock for an unlimited amount of time is definitely overpowered. I think just plain durability should be added, as well as the tools only being able to mine certain items.
Cloudy #8
Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:39 AM
Durability is planned. Only breaking certain blocks isn't (real tools don't work that way).
billysback #9
Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 AM
try breaking a tree with a hoe, or mining a rock with a sword, or even better a spade, a nice lovely blunt spade to do my mining please!
KaoS #10
Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:30 AM
try breaking a tree with a hoe, or mining a rock with a sword, or even better a spade, a nice lovely blunt spade to do my mining please!

yeah, if you can break stone with a spade when why can't you break stone without a tool? that's how it works in MC :)/>/>

PS: please dont kill me Cloudy :P/>/> a little levity goes a long way
Edited on 14 November 2012 - 08:51 AM
Cranium #11
Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:57 AM
Durability is planned. Only breaking certain blocks isn't (real tools don't work that way).
Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant that a stone tool could not mine diamond or obsidian, and trying to mine a stone block with an axe would result in a more broken tool.
Cloudy #12
Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:07 PM
yeah, if you can break stone with a spade when why can't you break stone without a tool? that's how it works in MC :)/>/>

Do you see turtles with arms?
KaoS #13
Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Lmfao. there is the Cloudy we all know :D/>/>

weeeell… real Steve has arms… lets give turtles arms!!! :o/>/> the amazing perfection!
kazagistar #14
Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:07 PM
Obviously, someone needs to make a peripheral crafted out of zombie flesh to give turtles arms.
billysback #15
Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I see turtles with tools… now surely they can't just magically float there and rotate themselves every now again, otherwise that wouldn't be realistic!

(PS: cogs don't exist…)
KaoS #16
Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:29 PM
ok guys, this joke just keeps going :P/>/> its great but I think we should calm down before we get the topic locked. wouldn't want to do that to some else's suggestion post
Cloudy #17
Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:13 PM
Long story short: maybe.