This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
crazybmanp's profile picture

[WIP] Bauth: Tree based routing algorithm, and a few programs for it

Started by crazybmanp, 17 November 2012 - 02:46 AM
crazybmanp #1
Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:46 AM
Greetings, i am a computer sciences major and i decided to use what little spare time i have (not alot at all, apperantly) to make a networking algorithm in Minecraft. The code has been sitting around for a while and hasn't been fully debugged, but i think it would be an injustice not to release the code to the public so that others may make changes and help.

I am using a github to support the coding and possible have others help make the algorithm better.
https://github.com/crazybmanp/Bauth

The other programs are where this all started, so they are the most well defined, but the rest of the network is evolving around them. I hope to involve the Bauth system into all systems, so for now the general project will be called Bauth.

features:
the Bauth system, something like a domain for handling login. *this is the most working part of the system*
the Mail system, rudimentary email client.
the File server, extremely basic
APIs for all of these services.

the algorithm uses an intrinsically made tree structure by having nodes connect and find parents of other nodes.
In a future version i hope to change this to a Graph structure, providing a more stable, fast connection that also functions more like most "internet" structures people would think of.

I will be busy (at school, of course) throughout the day. i was just wondering what you guys think of the code, or at least get it out there to help someone.

I will be publishing a second folder with each program also not using the netcode, because sometimes you just need an auth server running for one complex or building.
crazybmanp #2
Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:57 AM
Bump with good news: ive decided that i will be working on this more, and utilizing some good ol' fashoned graphs to make the entire system better. graphs will allow multiple connections and redundancy. the system will also be able to recover from faults. progress will be made in the graph-based networking branch on github.
kylergs #3
Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:42 AM
Look's very interesting, I would love to see it finished! I would help but I don't really understand networking :/