This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
cheekycharlie101's profile picture

Website addon

Started by cheekycharlie101, 18 November 2012 - 01:00 PM
cheekycharlie101 #1
Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:00 PM
this is an idea that could hopefully be added to www.computercraft.info.

at school when i'm bored i tend to work on my lua scripts using notepad++ ete. i have looked through countless Google search pages for a website where you can run lua and check for errors but none have seemed to work. so my idea is can you make a like a virtual computer on the website where you can put your code and run it as if it were in game, so all the api's would be there ete. and possibly have indicators for redstone signals and maybe have a monitor page as well. this would be great and perhaps allow people to code on the go with smart phones providing they have access to the internet. i'm not sure if Dan200 and cloudy could do this though as i'm guessing most of there coding knowledge revolves around lua and java? not sure though but even if the community could help out it would be great. i would love to see this.
thanks -Cheeky
Cranium #2
Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:50 PM
You can already run Tomass' CCEmulator. It works just like a regular computercraft computer, and it needs less resources.
Tiin57 #3
Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:17 PM
For those who don't have a JRE but have it installed to their browser, Tomass could port the emulator to an applet and have dan200 put it up.
Watcher7 #4
Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:06 PM
Also, if you want to do non-CC specific Lua practice you can try http://codepad.org/.
http://codepad.org also has support for languages other than Lua.
cheekycharlie101 #5
Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:24 PM
You can already run Tomass' CCEmulator. It works just like a regular computercraft computer, and it needs less resources.
do you know where i could find this? i cant find it on google :)/>/>
Sebra #6
Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:42 PM
do you know where i could find this? i cant find it on google :)/>/>
Here
cheekycharlie101 #7
Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:59 PM
do you know where i could find this? i cant find it on google :D/>/>
Here