This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Dlcruz129's profile picture

A note to new members from Minecon

Started by Dlcruz129, 24 November 2012 - 06:46 PM
Dlcruz129 #1
Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:46 PM
Hello, people of Minecon!

My name is dlcruz129. First off, I would like to thank you for joining our community. The forums have a strong team of moderators, and many friendly players. Please be sure to check out the rules of the forums.

Unfortunately, we are having technically difficulties and spam due to hackers. Our forums are usually a fun, friendly place for people to share code in.

We are working to solve the problem, so everything should be working soon. In the meantime, please refrain from clicking on any suspicious links, for your own safety.

Thank you,

Dlcruz129.
Cloudy #2
Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:46 AM
Cleaned up posts. I like this post.
billysback #3
Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:52 AM
:D/>/>/>
No one will every know, right?
either way, if this guy is a mod (which I'm not saying he isn't) why doesn't he have the rank yet?
Dlcruz129 #4
Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:44 AM
:D/>/>/>/>/>/>
No one will every know, right?
either way, if this guy is a mod (which I'm not doubting he is) why doesn't he have the rank yet?

I don't think I'm mod yet, I'm just trying to help out as much as I can as a user. But I'm on my iPhone, so I'm not sure yet…

EDIT: Back, nope, as expected I am not a mod.
Cloudy #5
Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:23 AM
Who said he was a mod? I never did, nor did he. I'm still deciding what to do about mods - because we need more - if fixing the spam fails by other means.
Dlcruz129 #6
Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:27 AM
Agreed, I only said I had asked Cloudy, I'm actually not really expecting to get mod.
dissy #7
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:31 AM
Who said he was a mod? I never did, nor did he. I'm still deciding what to do about mods - because we need more - if fixing the spam fails by other means.

I assume I'm too new here to even ask about moderation. But for us regular users, is there anything more we can do to help?
Is simply being quick with the "Report" button helpful to you guys?
PixelToast #8
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:34 AM
it would be nice to have a page showing all the pending reports to be viewed by any member
that way the mods will be contacted quicker
billysback #9
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:37 AM
If you want more moderators then make a moderator application post?
seems like the most sensible root to take if you want more mods…
Dlcruz129 #10
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:46 AM
If you want more moderators then make a moderator application post? seems like the most sensible root to take if you want more mods…

We did. Only we did it via PM.
Dlcruz129 #11
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Well I'm sure we're are going to be flooded with noobs after Minecon, so we're gonna have some spam or posts that break rules.
Tiin57 #12
Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:49 AM
My post was constructive and complimenting. Why you delete it?

Also, while we're on the subject, I would like to submit a request for moderator. Or post on a moderator application topic. :D/>/>