This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ironsmith123's profile picture

[Project] CC Community Wiki Fix and Upkeep

Started by ironsmith123, 14 March 2012 - 05:21 PM
ironsmith123 #1
Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:21 PM
Hey everyone, I'm just going to say outright that anyone who has gone to the wiki to find information for the CC mod has probably been sorely dissapointed at its lack of information. I'm starting a CC community group to fix and upkeep the wiki. It will be our responsibility to make sure no morons go and vandalize it, as well as to maintain it to keep up to date with the new versions of CC. If you wish to be apart of this particular group (CCCFU) then please fill out the form below and either message it to me or post it below.

IGN:
Are you professional:
Are you mature:
Are you 13+:
Have you ever worked on a wiki:
Are you able to script LUA for CC:
Preferred group:

***GROUPS***

Tutorials
Changelog Updates
Features
Blocks/Recipes
OS List
API List and detailed descriptions
Organization and Design
Peripherals

P.S. Please comment below on ideas of what we could add to the wiki or about what we could do to improve this group/project. Any constructive criticism is welcomed!!! Thanks for reading, and make sure to sign up!
Liraal #2
Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:27 PM
Add a "peripherals" group
ironsmith123 #3
Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:40 PM
Add a "peripherals" group
Ok thanks I added it! :mellow:/>/>
rockymc #4
Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:01 PM
IGN:
Are you professional: no
Are you mature: no.
Are you 13+: 13
Have you ever worked on a wiki: yes
Are you able to script LUA for CC: yes
Preferred group: peripherals, API List
ironsmith123 #5
Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:38 AM
Rockey, your accepted! Thank you for giving your time and energy to support the CCCFU! Please stand by for further instructions on when to start. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Ironsmith123
marajin #6
Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:24 AM
Alright, I did find the wiki mostly a bit barren so I don't mind dedicating a little time myself to helping out with it. Application form below:

IGN: Marajin
Are you professional: I am
Are you mature: Yes
Are you 13+: Yes
Have you ever worked on a wiki: Yes
Are you able to script LUA for CC: Yes
Preferred group: Tutorials and general copy editing would be the easiest role(s ) for me, I believe.

Further stuff:

I'm quite willing to back up tutorials with youtube videos demonstrating functionality or full video & voice explanation.
ironsmith123 #7
Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:00 PM
Thanks, your accepted! That would be great if we could get a tutorial for every API and possibly program in there! Please stand by for further instructions.
marajin #8
Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:13 PM
For my first copyediting..

*you're accepted

:D/>/>
PTS #9
Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:04 PM
IGN:
Are you professional: A pro wiki editor? In that case, no. Or you meant something else?
Are you mature: Yes
Are you 13+: Yes
Have you ever worked on a wiki: No
Are you able to script LUA for CC: Yes
Preferred group: Tutorials; API List and detailed descriptions
Hawk777 #10
Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:32 AM
IGN: What's an IGN?
Are you professional: Assuming this question refers to attitude, I like to think so.
Are you mature: Assuming this question also refers to attitude, see the previous question.
Are you 13+: Yes.
Have you ever worked on a wiki: Moderate-sized edits to Wikipedia, Minepedia, and IndustrialCraft Wiki. Large edits to CC Wiki and a certain organization-private wiki.
Are you able to script LUA for CC: Yes, I program for my job so I learned Lua in a few hours.
Preferred group: APIs and peripherals

I'm not sure we need a formal group to do wiki editing (being a wiki anyone can edit it after all), and my available time is variable, but I do what I can and I hope people liked the edits I made to the alphabetically-early APIs a while ago (everything before HTTP). I intend to continue that work with the rest of the APIs.
marajin #11
Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:51 PM
Hawk777:

IGN is probably 'In-Game Name'
Wolvan #12
Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:59 PM
IGN: Wolvan
Are you professional: Professional in maintaining a wiki? Not really. Professional in Coding? Oh yeah :o/>/>
Are you mature: I think so
Are you 13+: Yep
Have you ever worked on a wiki: Yes
Are you able to script LUA for CC: Jop
Preferred group: Tutorials? API List and detailed descriptions? Features? one of these