This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
GeniusName3's profile picture

Advanced turtles

Started by GeniusName3, 26 November 2012 - 11:18 AM
GeniusName3 #1
Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:18 PM
These turtles have color and mouse support but also have a nifty new API like so:
advancedturtle.detectBlock( slotnum )
it must have the block in its inventory to find it.If it's an ore then it must have the dropped item from it.Detects only in a certain radius.

advancedturtle.detectMob()
It does not need an item of that mob.Mobs will destroy their fuel,they have no HP,if you put alot of fuel it means alot of health.

advancedturtle.shoot( slot num )
shoots arrows or snowballs like a dispenser

advancedturtle.explode( slot num )
if tnt is in the slot number it will explode around it,it won't blow up the turtle,advanced turtles are explosion-proof

advancedturtle.digAll()
Digs in all 6 directions (up,down,left,right,forward,backward)

recipe:
G=gold ingot
A=advancedcomputer
C=chest

GGG
GAG
GCG
and then add the addons (modems,crafting table,etc.)
ChunLing #2
Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM
Okay, having a turtle that can shoot like a dispenser sounds okay (despite the fact that you can already easily accomplish this by carrying a dispenser, placing it, loading the inventory, and powering it), but the rest of these functions just aren't worth it (turtle.compare(), not turtle.detect() and not turtle.place()/turtle.forward(),carry some TNT and turtle.placeDown() redstone.setOutput("bottom",true) sleep(0.5) redstone.setOutput("bottom",false), and just turning do the side you want to dig). These are all things that the turtles can do with hardly any programming expertise beyond what would be needed to use any of the "new" functions properly.

I've long been a fan of the idea of using the dispenser rather than the chest in the turtle recipe. Though you didn't suggest that.
Sebra #3
Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:00 AM
Blockdetection forbidden.
Mobdetection forbidden.
Explode and digall are easy enough.

To shoot snowballs/arrows Bow was suggested to be usable as a tool - Ranged Turtle.
Or you can .place Dispencer.
Cranium #4
Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:53 AM
I agree with the dispenser part. Everythign else, not so much. I think that since the turtles can drop things already, it's only logical to allow them to shoot eggs and snowballs.