This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Jasonfran's profile picture

Mod idea

Started by Jasonfran, 28 November 2012 - 08:54 AM
Jasonfran #1
Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:54 AM
How would you like a minecraft mod that allows you to customise the minecraft main menu, allowing you to have custom placed buttons with different coloured text. And also the ability to add new menus and quick join buttons to quickly join a server straight from the main menu. I had the idea of this a while back but I never knew if anyone would like it.

Opinions?
KillaVanilla #2
Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:37 AM
Er, are you sure that this is the right place to post this?
It seems to me that the Minecraft Forums or Minecraft Forge forums would be the better place to put this.
Cranium #3
Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:40 AM
Eh, this is the General forum. Where you can discuss anything about anything.
I personally like the menu system that Minecraft already offers.

Edit: Although being able to make a menu system that looks a lot like ComputerCraft would be really freakin awesome!
Edited on 28 November 2012 - 10:41 AM
KillaVanilla #4
Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:09 PM
Eh, this is the General forum. Where you can discuss anything about anything.
I personally like the menu system that Minecraft already offers.

Edit: Although being able to make a menu system that looks a lot like ComputerCraft would be really freakin awesome!

No, I mean if he really wants to have it made, he could/should post in an area where it's more likely to be noticed.
Granted, there are are a few modders here, but the MC forums or the Minecraft Forge forms seem to be the best place to post mod requests.
Cranium #5
Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:12 PM
Well, I was just thinking of a menu system that looks and feels like a ComputerCraft terminal. You would have to navigate through the menus like it was a computer or turtle.
KillaVanilla #6
Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:49 PM
Well, I was just thinking of a menu system that looks and feels like a ComputerCraft terminal. You would have to navigate through the menus like it was a computer or turtle.

That sounds cool.

Ooo, I have a few ideas for commands:

list_worlds
generate <worldName>
load <world>
connect <server> <password>
Jasonfran #7
Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:41 AM
I was told I that general discussion doubled as off topic too. So this mod won't be computer craft related, I just wanted peoples opinions on custom menus
Tiin57 #8
Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:05 AM
I was told I that general discussion doubled as off topic too…
You were told right. Ignore the above people. :P/>
Cranium #9
Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:14 AM
Noooo, don't ignore me :(/>
I really do want something computercraft releated, but I am not opposed to something that gives better features tot he existing menu system.
Tiin57 #10
Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:15 AM
I really do want something computercraft releated, but I am not opposed to something that gives better features tot he existing menu system.
Not you; the guys who said this was the wrong place to post. *cough* KillaVanilla *cough* :P/>
Jasonfran #11
Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:32 AM
I could make a computer craft terminal themed main menu. I'll work on it tomorrow
KillaVanilla #12
Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:16 PM
I could make a computer craft terminal themed main menu. I'll work on it tomorrow

Yaaaay, I can't wait to be able to use it.

Not you; the guys who said this was the wrong place to post. *cough* KillaVanilla *cough* :P/>

Sorry, I was trying to point him in the right direction. Oh well; he's making it anyway.
russjr08 #13
Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

That sounds cool.

Ooo, I have a few ideas for commands:

list_worlds
generate <worldName>
load <world>
connect <server> <password>
That would be.. AMAZING!