This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Goof's profile picture

[CLOSED] Advlock [CLOSED]

Started by Goof, 04 December 2012 - 07:01 AM
Goof #1
Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:01 AM
Due to several attempts to find all missing source codes for AdvLock, I've decided to shut it down.

I will not continue AdvLock.

Do not post or bump this topic.

Removal requested.
Edited on 16 July 2014 - 08:47 AM
Laserman34170 #2
Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:12 AM
It doesn't lock forever, only for 14 hours. Sadly I can't insert an emoticon here to symbolize my humorous attitude at that fact because I'm posting this from my phone.
cheekycharlie101 #3
Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:23 AM
Does this use a custom api?. i have never heard of cWrite or cPrint? o_O
ignore that, i just noticed your functions.
Jasonfran #4
Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:46 PM
Pretty advanced but in the end it is still a lock program
Goof #5
Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:21 PM
Laserman34170:

I know… It only locks for 14 hours, but i would make an update, which lock it for ever, and then prevent disk booting… (look up for new update… now it locks for ever)

Jasonfran:
As i mean the topic says everything.. i mean this :its a lock, but a bit smarter...

please comment, if you want any special things, for the code. ( like if you want a better start screen, then post a comment :D/>)
Edited on 16 July 2014 - 08:47 AM
Goof #6
Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:40 AM
AdvLock v 1.2 is RELEASED!

Check the Changelog for the new update :D/>

-Mikk809h
Edited on 16 July 2014 - 08:48 AM
Goof #7
Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:13 AM
AdvLock v 1.3 is RELEASED!

Check the Changelog for the new update :D/>/>

features in the nearest future:
Animated stuff, while downloading/waiting… *WIP*
a whole REWRITE of the program, and add a LOT of new things, like type "password" to edit or modify the password :D/>/>

-Mikk809h
Goof #8
Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:41 PM
New Version released! v 1.4 is OUT!

Now, there is added: Animations
"pass" to edit password
"update" to update fast (it's a shortcut)

Happy Locking! :D/>
Jasonfran #9
Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:06 PM
Stop bumping. Use the edit button on your original post for gods sake
bjaorndvinCoder #10
Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:10 AM
Nice job, mikk809h. Its a really good lock, i used it in my server, and it seems like everything is working fine.

But.. Its not the best startup screen(when u have to enter password) you could make a animation, that shows, how it verify's the input, and then shows, Input correct, or input incorrect.

REALLY NICE LOCK.. I really want everyone to use this. :D/> great job!
Goof #11
Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:38 AM
Nice job, mikk809h. Its a really good lock, i used it in my server, and it seems like everything is working fine.

But.. Its not the best startup screen(when u have to enter password) you could make a animation, that shows, how it verify's the input, and then shows, Input correct, or input incorrect.

REALLY NICE LOCK.. I really want everyone to use this. :D/>/> great job!

i can only say thank you…

i will work on some animations, and your example, was really Nice(in my opinion) so that would be added :D/>
And as you said: the startup screen is not the best.
well i will try to update that, also.

thanks for your comment :D/>
Goof #12
Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:57 PM
Hello :D/>

i've found a little bug, with the startup screen… that is now edited, and now it works fine…

If anyone are having trouble on installing/removing the Lock, then just comment…

PS: i am working on an Uninstaller, that uninstalls the whole AdvLock system, without killing your stuffs.
i have 1 question:
when you want to uninstall, should there be a asking mechanism, that asks for the password, before uninstalling?
or is that completely bad?

Tell me in a comment :D/> (or in a PM)
bjaorndvinCoder #13
Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:10 PM
Mikk809h..

if you are working on a uninstaller, then i think it need to ask for a password, so hackers / unrespectfull people won't uninstall, easy.
and then you should be able to set a UNINSTALLER password, in the "pass" program.

your program is really nice so far, but im still waiting for more animations / add-ons :D/>

-BjaorndvinCoder

-AdvLock is awesome… try it out, and lock your computer :D/>
Jasonfran #14
Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:20 AM
I some how think that this is the OP on another account trying to bump his post. I may be wrong
Goof #15
Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:17 AM
Jasonfran in my opinion, i only have seen "negative" posts from you on this topic… But if you really want to be a "policeman", well then close this topic.

and to answer your question/post:
I dont actually know who bjaorn… Is. And why should i use a secondary account ?

or if you want to listen to this:
please dont post something, that doesnt have anything to do with AdvLock.
thanks!
PedroBarbosa #16
Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:31 AM
Whats the local password?
PedroBarbosa #17
Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:33 AM
How this detects the local password?

PS:Sorry 4 double post
bjornir90 #18
Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:08 PM
How this detects the local password?

PS:Sorry 4 double post
You can edit your post with the little edit button in the bottom right corner. :)/>
Goof #19
Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:13 PM
The "local" password, is that password, you want to use in the lock.
:D/>/>

like. When it says "cant find config…." then just input 1234
and then your password = 1234
sjkeegs #20
Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:45 AM
You've posted that you have a v1.4, but if I look at your pastebin the most recent version shows as v1.3pr1.
Goof #21
Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:53 AM
Yeah i know that, but actually 1.4 is out, i just, only want to tell it on this forum, maybe i will take the time, and then edit topics of pastebin codes :D/> but. The lock will still be 1.4. I was just stupid, not to edit topics on the pastebin codes :D/>

-Mikk809h
Goof #22
Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:58 AM
Ehm … look at topic name… everything in the post is destroyed :(/>
this is now solved
Cranium #23
Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:11 AM
This is not a bug, you just accidentally switched to HTML mode, and probably typed in the wrong area, causing the formatting to get messed up.
You are going to need to rewrite everything though.
Goof #24
Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:12 AM
damn :(/>
Goof #25
Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:50 AM
Welcome back people… i did a little rewrite of the main post, so now everything should be fine… i have added some pictures:D
vat21s #26
Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:58 PM
Not to troll but this is kinda easy to get through =) Just put a floppy disk in and it overwrites startup
immibis #27
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:37 AM
Not to troll but this is kinda easy to get through =) Just put a floppy disk in and it overwrites startup
There is no way to prevent that without editing CC itself.
theoriginalbit #28
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

well kinda ;)/> if event == "peripheral" is when its attached, scan the disk for "startup" in the root and change its name. done.
bjornir90 #29
Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

well kinda ;)/>/> if event == "peripheral" is when its attached, scan the disk for "startup" in the root and change its name. done.
If you ctrl+s and then put a floppy disk it will not work. It is impossible to avoid that without put bedrock around the computer…
theoriginalbit #30
Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

well kinda ;)/>/> if event == "peripheral" is when its attached, scan the disk for "startup" in the root and change its name. done.
If you ctrl+s and then put a floppy disk it will not work. It is impossible to avoid that without put bedrock around the computer…

what? I have not encountered this in my door lock, mine ALWAYS ejects the disk.
immibis #31
Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

what? I have not encountered this in my door lock, mine ALWAYS ejects the disk.
Use ctrl-S to shut down the computer.
Then insert the disk with the startup file.
Then start the computer.
theoriginalbit #32
Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:55 PM
oh that makes more sense now.
Goof #33
Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:39 AM
Well.. IF CC in anytime would be edited, so i could prevent disk-booting, then i will do it.. but as soon as it is not updated/edited, well. then i cant do anything to prevent that…

but im still working on a new, big update.. that contains some animations, and some extra features, which would do the lock, a bit more advanced.

well im still having 1 question for you.. ehm, does anyone have ANY idea, how the screen should look. (like should there be som nice features, when the lock is displayed, or something.) that is just what i really cant figure out… i dont have any ideas, for that.. but in the next update, there is color support, so it would look more user-frendly.

The update is near :D/>
immibis #34
Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:20 PM
I haven't actually tried this yet, but I've looked through the code on pastebin… Is this what happened to Vista? :P/>
SuicidalSTDz #35
Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:43 PM
Hate to bust some bubbles but you cannot stop boot loading unless you edit the Rom within the mod itself.
theoriginalbit #36
Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:34 PM
Hate to bust some bubbles but you cannot stop boot loading unless you edit the Rom within the mod itself.

But there are some steps that you can take to try minimise work arounds. A method I implemented there is only 1 way around it, 1. Shutdown the computer and put in a disk with startup, IN THAT ORDER else the program takes care of any other attempts to get past it ;)/>
SuicidalSTDz #37
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

But there are some steps that you can take to try minimise work arounds. A method I implemented there is only 1 way around it, 1. Shutdown the computer and put in a disk with startup, IN THAT ORDER else the program takes care of any other attempts to get past it ;)/>
YOU CANNOT stop Boot loading period. They could simply just take your disk out and plop in the one they have and restart the terminal. The only way to stop it is placing bedrock around all sides of the computer except ONE. That allows for access but no loading disks.
theoriginalbit #38
Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:37 PM
-snip-
YOU CANNOT stop Boot loading period. They could simply just take your disk out and plop in the one they have and restart the terminal. The only way to stop it is placing bedrock around all sides of the computer except ONE. That allows for access but no loading disks.

I never stated that you COULD STOP IT, I stated that there ARE ways to PREVENT it happening AS MUCH as POSSIBLE with the setup there is in ComputerCraft. And also as a general rule I don't put a door lock program on a DISK and anyone who does is an idiot! And if you actually READ what I said I stated that in my own program I prevented everything except one, and even told you the one which no one can prevent. Everything other than that one CAN be prevented. Including a disk with a startup placed in before the computer is turned off!
Goof #39
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:02 AM
Now the Waiting time is Over…

The new update is now released:

v: 2.0

COMPLETE REWRITE

EXPECT BUGS

please report any bugs / errors you find, if you find some
Edited on 16 July 2014 - 08:49 AM
Zudo #40
Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:07 AM
How you lock 'edit startup' ?
Goof #41
Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:25 PM
hehe :D/> dont wanna tell you :D/>
tonkku107 #42
Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:31 AM
Looks good :D/>
E:
And it doesn't work with adv. computers?
Goof #43
Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:39 AM
Ehhm. It works with Adv. Computers.. but the meaning of the error you've got on normal computers, is some code which is a little strange.. im actually still coding for a non-advanced computer, right now..

Stay Tuned xD

(Sorry for late Answer)
tonkku107 #44
Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:02 PM
Ehhm. It works with Adv. Computers.. but the meaning of the error you've got on normal computers, is some code which is a little strange.. im actually still coding for a non-advanced computer, right now..

Stay Tuned xD

(Sorry for late Answer)
You said in the post it won't work on advanced computers :P/>
Goof #45
Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:35 PM
(NOTE!!! The 2.0 version does currently ONLY support advanced computers!)

Well, thats what i've told you xD but maybe tomorrow a new little update would be up.. (non- advanced computer support.)

EDIT: i was a bit bored, and got enough time.. V 2.1 is out :D/> Remember to uninstall , and redownload the newest updated version of the installer file…

Thanks and Happy Locking :P/>
Edited on 16 July 2014 - 08:50 AM
tonkku107 #46
Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:21 PM
(NOTE!!! The 2.0 version does currently ONLY support advanced computers!)

Well, thats what i've told you xD but maybe tomorrow a new little update would be up.. (non- advanced computer support.)

EDIT: i was a bit bored, and got enough time.. V 2.1 is out :D/> Remember to uninstall , and redownload the newest updated version of the installer file…

Thanks and Happy Locking :P/>
Yes i saw that but in one spoiler you said that with just normal text like this. Or then i was just imagining
Goof #47
Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:09 PM
I think you was imagining :D/> but. as i edited the previous post: The new 2.1 version is out.. you need to download new installer program.. and it supports non-advanced computers :D/>
Xenthera #48
Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:02 PM
As previously stated, this is almost useless because of the booting from disk method. The only way I could see getting around that is an anti-griefing mod/plugin/whatever. Other than that… Not much you can do.

However, i've ran into this problem before, I had some 'top secret' code that I was selling for diamonds on a server and I had to stop people from gaining access to the code from my computer

You can't stop a ctrl-s, or ctrl-r like you can with ctrl-t. However, you can run code in that small window before the computer shuts down by detecting the key-strokes. In doing so it deletes the 'top secret' program and boots up to an empty computer. Now all you have to do is reinstall it when you get back on, and bam. 100% secure code. :)/>

The only REAL reason to pass-lock your computer in the first place, right? Right! :D/>
Goof #49
Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:24 AM
You're right, Xenthera..
The disk booting method is making my lock kinda "easy to get through".
But i've said before, that IF Dan and Cloudy would make the disk booting as a second booting-method, then i'll surely be adding FAR more things, and better security to advlock. and then the disk/booting period wouldnt be any problem for my lock.

Btw: The new wired cables… if they're setup to the advlock computer, a disk drive, and another computer; Then if the disk has a file called startup, then it would propably also get loaded before the Advlock Computer… (im not sure, haven't tested)
AnthonyD98™ #50
Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:19 AM
I don't think Dan or Cloudy are going to be making disk booting as a second booting method any time soon. Disk booting is what saves your computer from being stuck in a useless startup loop. Without disk booting how would you regain control over your computer if your program goes rogue? Xenthera has a point and I think that the method of detecting keystrokes and deleting the program would be one of the best method for protecting files on your computer.
Goof #51
Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:56 AM
but why should i then delete advlock, when a user just wants to shutdown the pc, OR just wants to restart it? then it deletes advlock for no reason, and the computer is no longer safe… ?
tonkku107 #52
Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Click what?

And do you want updated screenshots?
Goof #53
Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Click what?

And do you want updated screenshots?
Hmm.. My fault.. im changing that soon. (if you find more bugs, then please post :D/>)

New screenies? what do you people want?
if no one wants updated screenies, then i dont think we need to do so.

but i can unlock your computer, if you pm me your license key.
tonkku107 #54
Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:59 PM
but i can unlock your computer, if you pm me your license key.
Didn't write it… anyway it was a blank test computer, so no worries. Can you send my license key for my 2 main computers?
Goof #55
Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:35 PM
The license key is automatically registered when you install advlock.. it should display the license key, in the setup, before the advlock is usable… Look into that…
:D/>
tonkku107 #56
Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:00 PM
The license key is automatically registered when you install advlock.. it should display the license key, in the setup, before the advlock is usable… Look into that…
:D/>
I saw it but didn't write it. Where i can see it?
Goof #57
Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:56 PM
PM me your global ID (shows you when you reboot)
tonkku107 #58
Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:24 AM
I tried to install this on my FTB ultimate server but I got this error:
Dave-ee Jones #59
Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:16 PM
You know you can still edit this by opening it with Sublime Text or something OUTSIDE of Minecraft?

But I suppose people who are on your server cannot access your computer.
Goof #60
Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:50 AM
I tried to install this on my FTB ultimate server but I got this error:
The error means that the program used the http to go to pastebin.com and then get the code… but pastebin is banned in CC, therefore nothing works…
IM sorry to tell that AdvLock has been closed. I hope i can get Dan and Cloudy to make a new "pastebin" that runs with another website…
BTW. it COULD also be because HTTP was disabled.. but if so it 'should' output an error message.

You know you can still edit this by opening it with Sublime Text or something OUTSIDE of Minecraft?

But I suppose people who are on your server cannot access your computer.

What are you talking about there? Yes i know you can edit the files…
do it if you want, but do NOT make a new version of the code and make it official.
DarkEspeon #61
Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:40 AM
pastebin has made the filter less strict, pastebin can be used once again by CC users

http://www.computerc...n-banned-us-yay

REOPEN THIS BAD BOY!!!

[[EDIT: Also 50th post!!]]
Goof #62
Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:01 AM
Well… Now that pastebin suddenly "unbanned" us, then i have this idea:

I'll test the whole program, and THEN open this program for official use again, and then you can tell me bugs etc in a commet / in a PM

EDIT: Sorry for the late post.

EDIT2: Updated OP ;)/> I could'nt find any bugs… Everyone has to run their advLock startup and let it update the program
Dave-ee Jones #63
Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:41 AM
Uhm…I am confused.

Is he closing it forever or is it re-opened? Because the title says it's closed but the forum page says it's re-opened.
Goof #64
Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:37 PM
Sorry for this totally late post! i've forgot to look at this for a long time… (derpy me)

AutoLocK - answer:

AdvLock is open again, but all links etc. is on AdvLock's website ( which is in the OP )
And im sorry that you though it was closed forever ( or if you were confused ).

Btw:

I made a new page on AdvLock's website which shows all BETA versions of AdvLock, so you can follow my progress :)/>

New rewritten code due to release hopefully before we enter the new year

Thanks

( Wow.. already a year since AdvLock became official? )

Mikk809h
- The creator of AdvLock
Edited on 14 December 2013 - 03:52 AM