This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
anolog236's profile picture

Lost Floppy Disk?

Started by anolog236, 15 March 2012 - 06:43 PM
anolog236 #1
Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:43 PM
On accident I deleted my floppy disks using TMI and didn't do a backup. Is there any way to get them back? I don't want to write the programs all over again.
Liraal #2
Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:49 PM
access your save file: .minecraft/saves/savename/computer/disk/floppyID/
and copy it to a new floppy
anolog236 #3
Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:51 PM
Wow didn't think of that before… Thanks!
LazerRay #4
Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:30 PM
Another suggestion is to ditch TMI and get NEI, so if you lose your disk again, you can spawn in a replacement since NEI supports items with damage values so any time you make a new disk or label a computer, it shows up in the selection list.
Mendax #5
Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:43 PM
Another suggestion is to ditch TMI and get NEI, so if you lose your disk again, you can spawn in a replacement since NEI supports items with damage values so any time you make a new disk or label a computer, it shows up in the selection list.
NEI Needs
-Modloader (TMI doesn't need it but CC does)
-CodeChickenCore (TMI definitely doesn't need it)

ProTip:
Make backup disks and put them in a chest next to your bed.
PixelToast #6
Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:09 AM
if your using NEI you can make it show all ids and not just used ones, that should display every floppy disk made or used in that minecraft session
LazerRay #7
Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:45 AM
CodeChickenCore is on the same forum thread as NEI, so no problem getting that dependency, as for Modloader, if you are running Computer Craft, you already have that API since CC and Forge both need it. Plus NEI is more than just an item spawner, it has several utility features that TMI doesn't have and to have those would require a bunch of other mods.

I even copy disks between my test worlds by just grabbing the computer folder from one save and dropping a copy in a new one, I just delete the folders the computers make and leave the disk ones intact. After the data copy is made, I just use NEI to spawn in my pre-made disks. :P/>/>