This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DigitalClaudius's profile picture

Minecraft Updating Question

Started by DigitalClaudius, 06 December 2012 - 11:10 AM
DigitalClaudius #1
Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:10 PM
I am thinking about turning my small vanilla Minecraft server into a ComputerCraft server. Before I do so, I was wondering if anyone on this forum would be willing to give me some info about the process of installing official Minecraft updates after you have already installed ComputerCraft on your server.

My primary concerns / questions are:
  • Are the world files once altered by ComputerCraft objects able to be run by a newer version of the Minecraft server once ComputerCraft has been installed on it?
  • Do you have to reinstall ComputerCraft every time there is an official Minecraft update?
Thanks, any input is much appreciated.
Cloudy #2
Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:56 PM
I am thinking about turning my small vanilla Minecraft server into a ComputerCraft server. Before I do so, I was wondering if anyone on this forum would be willing to give me some info about the process of installing official Minecraft updates after you have already installed ComputerCraft on your server.

My primary concerns / questions are:
  • Are the world files once altered by ComputerCraft objects able to be run by a newer version of the Minecraft server once ComputerCraft has been installed on it?
In most cases, yes.

• Do you have to reinstall ComputerCraft every time there is an official Minecraft update?
Thanks, any input is much appreciated.

Yes, if you update your server you will need to update ComputerCraft also, due to the obfuscation changes.