This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
zekesonxx's profile picture

Wiki link?

Started by zekesonxx, 07 December 2012 - 04:29 PM
zekesonxx #1
Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:29 PM
Can we please have a link in the navbar to go directly from the forums to the wiki?
Luanub #2
Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:25 PM
It is linked on computercraft.info's home page
ScruffyRules #3
Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:06 AM
i found one its right here just sayin' you could drag that to your bookmarks and/or bar
Bubba #4
Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:31 AM
i found one its right here just sayin' you could drag that to your bookmarks and/or bar

You could, but what zekesonxx is asking for is a link to the wiki from the forums, without having to go back to computercraft main page. It sounds reasonable to me.
zekesonxx #5
Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:55 AM
Thank you Bubba.
PixelToast #6
Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:53 AM
there is alot of unused space on the top left
and right of the computercraft logo

a link back would be nice :3
BigSHinyToys #7
Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:00 AM
I don't yes the wiki it was pretty much non existent when i started playing computer craft. I used learned from IRC chat posting in the "ask a pro" the help pages in CC and this site http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/ < that site is a life saver.

A link from then forums would be good but there are better ways that the wiki to learn lua.
zekesonxx #8
Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 AM
What? The hell does that have to do with anything?

The wiki is a good reference tool. I just dislike that i have to go News->Wiki.
Cloudy #9
Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:27 AM
Done.
Cranium #10
Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:33 AM
Yay! The system works!
GopherAtl #11
Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:57 AM
yay for the link!

also…
I don't yes the wiki it was pretty much non existent when i started playing computer craft. I used learned from IRC chat posting in the "ask a pro" the help pages in CC and this site http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/ < that site is a life saver.

A link from then forums would be good but there are better ways that the wiki to learn lua.
Have you seen the wiki..lately?
zekesonxx #12
Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:38 PM
SUCCESS!
Dlcruz129 #13
Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:34 PM
Maybe an IRC link, too?
zekesonxx #14
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:25 AM
If an IRC link is added please make it go to a sticky in General. A lot of people use actual clients, and we would kind of be shoving them away.
PixelToast #15
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:38 AM
If an IRC link is added please make it go to a sticky in General. A lot of people use actual clients, and we would kind of be shoving them away.
not really, they have no control over your client so they cant just make a link to open it up automatically
Leo Verto #16
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:52 AM
Who can open this link? irc://irc.esper.net:6667/computercraft
AfterLifeLochie #17
Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:21 AM
not really, they have no control over your client so they cant just make a link to open it up automatically

I believe the original request is a link to Esper's Iris Webchat page - however, a landing *would* be beneficial.
Dlcruz129 #18
Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I believe the original request is a link to Esper's Iris Webchat page - however, a landing *would* be beneficial.

Correct. Maybe two buttons; one that leads to Esper, one that clients can connect too?
AfterLifeLochie #19
Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Correct. Maybe two buttons; one that leads to Esper, one that clients can connect too?

I wouldn't even do buttons, just a link to the Iris Webchat, and then "IRC details". I'll query Cloudy with this when I see him.
Leo Verto #20
Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:37 PM
I wouldn't even do buttons, just a link to the Iris Webchat, and then "IRC details". I'll query Cloudy with this when I see him.
How about including the Iris Webchat somewhere instead of linking to it?
AfterLifeLochie #21
Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:13 PM
How about including the Iris Webchat somewhere instead of linking to it?
To be blatantly honest - including Iris in the page would be awkward and just plain difficult for users - simply because they can't resize and get the full resolution of their monitor.
zekesonxx #22
Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:31 AM
Or, you know, make a simple landing page giving the user the IRC info and a link to Iris.
That way both the Native-IRC folk and the Webchat folk will both be happy.
AfterLifeLochie #23
Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:50 AM
Or, you know, make a simple landing page giving the user the IRC info and a link to Iris.
That way both the Native-IRC folk and the Webchat folk will both be happy.
Or, you know, read the thread properly?