This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
timberwolf's profile picture

Copy machine.

Started by timberwolf, 09 December 2012 - 01:28 PM
timberwolf #1
Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:28 PM
I want something I can put printed paper or books in, put the proper supplies in, and it copies it.
ScruffyRules #2
Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:18 AM
for copying couldn't you just print it again?
faubiguy #3
Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:28 AM
If a scanner is added this could be done by printing the scanned data.
PixelToast #4
Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:44 AM
yea, a copier is literally something that scans a document and prints it
timberwolf #5
Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:44 AM
It would be easier to have a copier if you are printing a say 5 page reference book for 10 players. That is printing 50 pages. Would you want to do that?
OmegaVest #6
Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:53 AM
Given that I have a program that mass-prints, yes I do. I really do want to print fifty pages. What I DON'T want to do is put them into book form individually. I mean, I could always make a machine that could do it for me. But then I run into the problem of each page not stacking, and auto crafting tables don't seem to like anything named matching up with other named things, and even when I finish the machine, SOMETHING goes wrong.

On the other hand, I could just use turtles to pull from the printers smartly and have them string-band them together and hand them off to a second turtle, to bind it back. Never thought of that. So, yeah, aside from no scanning, you can really do this on your own. But if you'll now excuse me, (inhale) TO THE CRAFTING TABLES!
Orwell #7
Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:35 AM
If you're fine with using peripherals, I made a scanner peripheral for CC: http://www.computerc...peripheral-v04/ . People have made faxing machines and stuff with this.