This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
NDFJay's profile picture

NDF-OS || Terminated || NDF-UI Coming Soon

Started by NDFJay, 10 December 2012 - 12:33 PM
NDFJay #1
Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:33 PM
Due to some low life people the decided to completely fuck up my profile because they found a security hole in a script that I removed a week or 2 ago I have stopped working on NDF-OS, I might decide to continue it one day but for now consider it terminated, as for cloud storage there wont be any Cloud storage.

I had [member='AfterLifeLochie'] poke through the new script I was working on last night and point out some holes in it so I could close them and get it all back up in a secure way but now I dont see any point in continuing that or the rest of this project.

Just to be clear, [member='AfterLifeLochie'] was NOT the person to dump the files but I do have a pretty good idea of who it was.

I am sorry for all of this

~NDFJay

NDF-OS is dead and is Opening the doors to NDF-UI

COMING SOON!
AnthonyD98™ #2
Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51 PM
Hey I saw your video, and the os looks really good.
Nice job!

May I ask though, what program are you using to code this?
bjornir90 #3
Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:04 PM
It look cool ! I've got the idea of a desktop based OS a few days ago :P/> Maybe I can help you a bit ?
NDFJay #4
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:21 AM
It look cool ! I've got the idea of a desktop based OS a few days ago :P/> Maybe I can help you a bit ?

Yeah sure man, I would appreciate the help ^_^/>

Nice job!

Im using Notepad++ to write this code and CC-EMU 1.45 to test it
bjornir90 #5
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:39 AM
It look cool ! I've got the idea of a desktop based OS a few days ago :P/>/> Maybe I can help you a bit ?

Yeah sure man, I would appreciate the help ^_^/>/>

Nice job!

Im using Notepad++ to write this code and CC-EMU 1.45 to test it
What do you want me to do ? I have some experience on GUI as I have made an API :P/>
NDFJay #6
Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:38 AM
What do you want me to do ? I have some experience on GUI as I have made an API :P/>

at the moment I'm writing a few different programs and some standard os features, if you know anything about file assertion I would really appreciate some help building a sort of file manager program that will be edited to suit different tasks like a recycle bin, programs manager etc etc, you could help me with that if you like?
bjornir90 #7
Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:49 AM
What do you want me to do ? I have some experience on GUI as I have made an API :P/>/>

at the moment I'm writing a few different programs and some standard os features, if you know anything about file assertion I would really appreciate some help building a sort of file manager program that will be edited to suit different tasks like a recycle bin, programs manager etc etc, you could help me with that if you like?
Oh yes ! Just, what the recycle bin do ? It is like the bin in windows ? The program manager will not be that easy to know if something is a program or just a file. Did you have make the main screen ? We could include CCbackup, I will improve it :)/> that's all … for the moment :P/>
NDFJay #8
Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:57 AM
Oh yes ! Just, what the recycle bin do ? It is like the bin in windows ? The program manager will not be that easy to know if something is a program or just a file. Did you have make the main screen ? We could include CCbackup, I will improve it :)/> that's all … for the moment :P/>

The recycle bin will be just like a file manager, it just needs to list all the files within a specific directory ill be using context menus to manage the files and as for the program manager, it wont be that difficult, all the programs have a *.nse extension (NDF Solus Executable) so it just needs to scan for all files ending in .nse :)/>

as for the back up… that will be brilliant, I was going to impliment something like that that backs up all user data to a server so that will be a great help :)/>
Sammich Lord #9
Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:58 AM
Hey, I am pretty good with Lua(About 6 months experience) and if you need ANY help just PM me on the forums.

But overall pretty good "OS". One of the best I have seen.
NDFJay #10
Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:10 AM
Hey, I am pretty good with Lua(About 6 months experience) and if you need ANY help just PM me on the forums.

Thanks man, means alot :)/> I've been following your posts for a while :)/> there is actually a few things I could use some help with later down the line if I cant figure them out so I'll PM you when I get to that stage :)/>

thanks again man :)/>
Sammich Lord #11
Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Thanks man, means alot :)/> I've been following your posts for a while :)/> there is actually a few things I could use some help with later down the line if I cant figure them out so I'll PM you when I get to that stage :)/>

4 smiley face emoticons :P/> Never seen that many.
NDFJay #12
Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

4 smiley face emoticons :P/> Never seen that many.

Kinda got carried away a bit lol, never had appreciation like this for anything I've created so all these nice comments just make me :)/> and :)/> and :)/> haha
bjornir90 #13
Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:33 AM
Can you give me a link on the dev version for me to help you :)/> I can do the recycle bin if you want :)/> I'm not very good with files gestion but I learn very fast :P/>
NDFJay #14
Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:29 AM
Can you give me a link on the dev version for me to help you :)/> I can do the recycle bin if you want :)/> I'm not very good with files gestion but I learn very fast :P/>

ill private message the current build to you now
NDFJay #15
Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:30 AM
Updated OS, added new features, fixed some bugs and added some programs
Adjgamer #16
Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:02 AM
God, this is awesome!
NDFJay #17
Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:25 AM
God, this is awesome!

Thank you ^__^ if you have any suggestions of things to add, programs or features let me know and I'll do my best to add them in :)/>
Sammich Lord #18
Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:05 AM
Mk, stop suggesting 20 things and calling it "few".
Sammich Lord #19
Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:16 AM
Still the best looking ComputerCraft "OS". All we need is a window manager, themes, more programs and more awesome shit then this will be the best.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #20
Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:39 AM
I can help making a translation into spanish or an updater and i have a apt-get utility so i can make a program manager

PM me
NDFJay #21
Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:55 AM
What? I find myself saying 200 lines is a few lines, so why not call 20 things a few things?
Please stay on topic ^-^

Well anyways, :D/> it's your choice whether or not you wish to implement the suggestions, no pressure or anything!
:)/> I hope to see this Operating System be very popular later on, simply because I found much fascination in your GUI! Continue working on it and I'll support you all the way there!
Just PM me if you need any help with errors (that seem to not even be there but crash the program) because I've seem thousands of them and resolved thousands! XD

I quoted this one because it was shorter…

Thanks for the suggestions how ever many, obviously i thrive off them because I cant progress without feed back ^_^/>

A lot the suggestions you made are features im already implementing once I get around to finishing the code for them :)/>

I dont know much about PHP so the PHP suggestions will be way out of my capabilities unfortunately… on the plus side I took your update suggestion and made an automatic update checker and one file installer ^_^/> when theres an update the user will be notified and asked if they want to update so they can choose to or not ^_^/>

you can get the new installer here >> Download << or in game with pastebin with >> pastebin get 4sjm5CfY installer <<
NDFJay #22
Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:15 PM
:D/> awesome, thanks for taking my suggestions seriously.

You may want to update your base post with the new pastebin link ;)/> so everyone can get a taste of the sexy auto-updater.

I take all suggestions seriously, without them the "OS" would go no where ;)/>

and I updated the base post before I even replied to the comment ;)/> 1 step ahead :P/>
NDFJay #23
Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:39 PM
Do you have a lot of subscribers on youtube?

I have 63 Subs which is better than none so Im happy :)/>

also theres an update… again… took another of your suggestions and added a section in the control panel to change the title bar colors ^_^/>
Dlcruz129 #24
Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:14 PM
Develop a game called "CloudBuster!" where you play as Cloudy in an epic quest to defeat the seven God Clouds that are reigning over the world!

That. Is. GENIUS!!!
NDFJay #25
Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:43 PM
Develop a game called "CloudBuster!" where you play as Cloudy in an epic quest to defeat the seven God Clouds that are reigning over the world!

I think I might just poke my head into a game API and make this ^_^/> might give nitrogenfingers game utils API ago for the npaintpro support :P/>
johnbanq #26
Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:56 PM
:blink:/> OMG
I also got this idea couple weeks ago
but my programming speed is too slow

Maybe i can help you a bit ;)/> ?
bjornir90 #27
Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:39 AM
I already made a prototype of a game menu, aswell as the core code for the file manager, if you want to see and/or use it, just ask :)/>
NDFJay #28
Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:36 PM
V 1.8 is here! Big update! new features are

• Small Kernal Re-write
  • Changeable Icons (nPaintPro Support!)
  • Changeable Icon link(change what the icon launches)
  • Custom backgrounds! (nPaintPro)
  • Modified Auto-updater
  • New Boot animation!
Download here >> Download <<

or in game via pastebin >> pastebin get 4sjm5CfY installer <<

Let me know what new features to add!
GravityScore #29
Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:25 PM
Just downloaded that version…. yeah it doesn't work :P/>

It autoupdates, I can login using my created username and password, but then I get paintutils:92: attempt to get length of nil, and it exits back into the shell :(/>

To recreate it, I suggest getting a clean PC, and download the installer, and set it up like any person who was new to the program would.
NDFJay #30
Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:41 PM
Just downloaded that version…. yeah it doesn't work :P/>

It autoupdates, I can login using my created username and password, but then I get paintutils:92: attempt to get length of nil, and it exits back into the shell :(/>

To recreate it, I suggest getting a clean PC, and download the installer, and set it up like any person who was new to the program would.

Yeah you downloaded it at the same time as I was bug testing the new update ^_^/> I've fixed the bugs now and you are free to install it again ^_^/> I suggest using Pastebin >> pastebin get 4sjm5CfY installer << but theres also a direct download here >> Download << if you want it ^_^/>
nitrogenfingers #31
Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:13 PM
Really nice visual style on this OS, clean and uncluttered. Effective use of screen space as well, which is tricky especially with icon-based interfaces in CC.

Will keep an eye on this post and see how it goes. Good work!

Oh, on a selfish note, nice to see the surprisingly wide NPP support. Few things here I hadn't thought of :)/>
NDFJay #32
Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:31 PM
Really nice visual style on this OS, clean and uncluttered. Effective use of screen space as well, which is tricky especially with icon-based interfaces in CC.

Will keep an eye on this post and see how it goes. Good work!

Oh, on a selfish note, nice to see the surprisingly wide NPP support. Few things here I hadn't thought of :)/>

Thanks for the support man :)/>
A lot of new features are coming very soon! and even some I havent seen done before so I really have my work cut out for me ^_^/>

on a selfless note with having the honer to include NPP in my "OS" I had to do it justice and add as much support for it as possible, thank you for letting me include it :)/>
You have been credited twice on the topic post and will also be credited in the "OS" once I get around to doing the credits

–OFF TOPIC–
Check the change log for new added features and check the "Coming Soon" fo a list of features im hoping to impliment
NDFJay #33
Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:32 PM
Also made my first game! its included in the latest update, let me know what you guys think :)/> its simple but hard and really challenging!
theoriginalbit #34
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:09 AM
This is not a plug……..jks… Want a screensaver? ;)/> :P/>
NDFJay #35
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

haha that is a blatant plug :P/>

Sure I'll have a screen saver haha ^_^/>
theoriginalbit #36
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

I kno bed hey :/ :P/>

Follow the API's link in my signature. If you want any features added to it, or any extra render modes, just ask and I'll see what I can do.
NDFJay #37
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Follow the API's link in my signature. If you want any features added to it, or any extra render modes, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks man, I shall take a wee loook soonish ^_^/> got some code to dust up firt off for my text editor ^_^/>
theoriginalbit #38
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Thanks man, I shall take a wee loook soonish ^_^/> got some code to dust up firt off for my text editor ^_^/>

thats ok. I have a bug to fix that I just noticed :P/> I'll post here when its done
theoriginalbit #39
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:50 AM
Bug has been fixed. Also noticed I missed finishing a feature, so thats done now too :)/>
NDFJay #40
Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:50 AM
Bug has been fixed. Also noticed I missed finishing a feature, so thats done now too :)/>

nice ^_^/> i shall get my self over there now ^_^/>
theoriginalbit #41
Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

nice ^_^/> i shall get my self over there now ^_^/>

Also you are my first BETA test, I did heaps of ALPHA tests, but if you come across any issues, just let me know through PM, or any features u think I should add, just let me know through PM :)/>
NDFJay #42
Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:12 AM
Also you are my first BETA test, I did heaps of ALPHA tests, but if you come across any issues, just let me know through PM, or any features u think I should add, just let me know through PM :)/>

haha sweet ^__^ will do man :)/> im just building a test program now :)/>
mat10193 #43
Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:21 AM
When i try to install this os on an advanced computer, i get this error: "205:attempt to index? (a nil value)" im kind of a noob to computer craft so please be as helpful as you can
GravityScore #44
Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:35 AM
When i try to install this os on an advanced computer, i get this error: "205:attempt to index? (a nil value)" im kind of a noob to computer craft so please be as helpful as you can

The installer for this OS uses the HTTP API, so it can access the internet and download all the files it needs to be able to run.
This error message is a result of the HTTP API not being enabled (meaning it can't be used) - this is the default setting for ComputerCraft.

To enable it so you are able to use the OS:
1. Depending on whether if you are on a Mac or Windows, navigate to (for mac)

~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/config

or (for windows):

C:\Users\[yourusernamehere]\AppData\Roaming\minecraft\config

2. Open the file called ComputerCraft.cfg

3. Find the section in there which starts with enableapi_http {

4. On the next line is general=false, change it to general=true

5. Close it, and restart Minecraft!

6. DONE! :D/>
mat10193 #45
Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

The installer for this OS uses the HTTP API, so it can access the internet and download all the files it needs to be able to run.
This error message is a result of the HTTP API not being enabled (meaning it can't be used) - this is the default setting for ComputerCraft.

To enable it so you are able to use the OS:
1. Depending on whether if you are on a Mac or Windows, navigate to (for mac)

~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/config

or (for windows):

C:\Users\[yourusernamehere]\AppData\Roaming\minecraft\config

2. Open the file called ComputerCraft.cfg

3. Find the section in there which starts with enableapi_http {

4. On the next line is general=false, change it to general=true

5. Close it, and restart Minecraft!

6. DONE! :D/>

Still didn't work, i clicked the download button, copied and pasted the text into notepad and saved it as NDF and deleted the file extension. Did I mess up on the installation?
NDFJay #46
Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:57 AM
Still didn't work, i clicked the download button, copied and pasted the text into notepad and saved it as NDF and deleted the file extension. Did I mess up on the installation?

Do you get anywhere when you try and run it? or doe the error come up right away?
mat10193 #47
Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Do you get anywhere when you try and run it? or doe the error come up right away?

I see the backround that you made and then it gives me the error, when i try to use the pastebin command, it says no such program
NDFJay #48
Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

I see the backround that you made and then it gives me the error, when i try to use the pastebin command, it says no such program

it sounds like the HTTP_API is not enabled, try re-enabling it, if that doesnt work ill make you an offline version but it wont auto update
NDFJay #49
Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

If it still doesnt work then heres the offline version, this version doesnt update though so if you want to stay updated you need to update manually

>>Download<<
mat10193 #50
Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

it sounds like the HTTP_API is not enabled, try re-enabling it, if that doesnt work ill make you an offline version but it wont auto update

I enabled the HTTP_API in my clientside folder when I should of enabled it in my dedicated server folder

thanks everyone for your help, i got it fixed
NDFJay #51
Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:44 AM
I enabled the HTTP_API in my clientside folder when I should of enabled it in my dedicated server folder

thanks everyone for your help, i got it fixed

No worries man, let me know what you think :)/>
mat10193 #52
Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:46 AM
i have created a login and password but when i try to relog in after a rebot, i cannot enter in my password
NDFJay #53
Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:55 AM
i have created a login and password but when i try to relog in after a rebot, i cannot enter in my password
Silly question but are you typing them correctly? try log in with

Username: R00T
Password: 12675438

then go to control panel and check the username and password your tyring are correct
makerimages #54
Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:51 AM
hi, i`ve got a quick-mouse related question.

Lets say I have a piece of code to check if a letter of a word was pressed

event, p1, p2, p3 = os.pullEvent(mouse_click)
if p2==21 and p3==18 then
  shell.run("programs/programMenu")
end

how can i make it so that the full word ("PROGRAMS") is clickable? and when I curently click any other mouse button, the program stops running, how to prevent that?
theoriginalbit #55
Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

end

how can i make it so that the full word ("PROGRAMS") is clickable? and when I curently click any other mouse button, the program stops running, how to prevent that?

This isn't the spot to ask this question. Ask it on the "Ask a Pro" section.
NDFJay #56
Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

end

as [member='TheOriginalBIT'] said, this isnt the place to ask but ill try answer it anyway you could try this code:

local event, button, X, Y = os.pullEvent("mouse_click")
if X>= 20 and X<=29 and Y==18 and button==1 then
end

this will say that the starting point of the word or p1 is 21 and the end of the word (p2) is 28 so it will allow you to click anywhere withing the space of p1 and p2 then Y is p3 so you can only click on line Y in this case line 18 and within the space of p1 and p2 then calling the button even will say which button needs to be pressed to trigger the program in this case its left click button==1 is left click button==2 is right click and button==3 is middle click
jag #57
Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:44 AM
I can see that the time updates upon a event, maybe you should add a os.startTimer() to keep the clock going!
Like so:

while true do
    local timer = os.startTimer(.1)
    local ev,p1,p2,p3 = os.pullEvent()
    if ev == "timer" and p1 == timer then
        timer = os.startTimer(.1)
    end
end
NDFJay #58
Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:54 AM
I can see that the time updates upon a event, maybe you should add a os.startTimer() to keep the clock going!
Like so:

while true do
	end
end

Already fixed this in the next update, im using parrallel instead of os.startTimer, its more compatible with the new features, next update will go up as soon as I get my website up and running properly :)/> im introducing Cloud roaming profiles in the next update and in a future update I will have Cloud storage ^_^/>
jag #59
Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:56 AM
Like so:

while true do
	end
end

Already fixed this in the next update, im using parrallel instead of os.startTimer, its more compatible with the new features, next update will go up as soon as I get my website up and running properly :)/> im introducing Cloud roaming profiles in the next update and in a future update I will have Cloud storage ^_^/>
REALLY COOL BTW!! ← forgot to say that
You have really outdone yourself, you don't even need like this fancy stuff for a OS :)/>
But who knows, maybe you will a some day be as big as windows or mac and sell the OS.. who knows
NDFJay #60
Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:15 AM
Like so:

while true do
	end
end

REALLY COOL BTW!! ← forgot to say that
You have really outdone yourself, you don't even need like this fancy stuff for a OS :)/>
But who knows, maybe you will a some day be as big as windows or mac and sell the OS.. who knows

Thanks ^_^/> I already have the roaming profiles set up for Cloud Users where you need to register a Cloud account on the website, you can still log into the base OS with your pre defined passwords so you dont need a Cloud account :)/>

Having a cloud account will have its benifits though like logging in to your account on any Advanced computer on any server (including CC-EMU) and having access to your Cloud storage when i get that set up on my server ^_^/>

the cloud storage has unlimited quota so no file limit restrictions or size limits :)/>

the Cloud storage wont just be for CC though… when its set up you will be able to host any files you want through the Website and download them anywhere as well as share them :)/>

im also working on a download API for my server so you can share you computercraft programs/api's easily by issuing a "ndf-up filename" to upload to the shared storage and "ndf-get filename" to download the specified file :)/>

all this coming soon in the next few updates :)/>
nutcase84 #61
Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:48 PM
Sweet os! Needs more features.
theoriginalbit #62
Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:50 PM
Oh don't worry, more are coming :)/>
nutcase84 #63
Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:00 PM
Can i have permission to make my own port of your os? I will call it NDFN. It's gona be like ubuntu and all of it's ports.
NDFJay #64
Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:21 PM
Can i have permission to make my own port of your os? I will call it NDFN. It's gona be like ubuntu and all of it's ports.

Sure, just remember to credit me :)/>
Xfel #65
Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:59 AM
I see that a filemanager is a lot of work and will take time, would it be possible to add some kind of shell access? Eg in the begin menu a shell button which will open the default shell as sub-process, maybe with an additional header?

I Also think that the program icons shouldn't be hardcoded or bound to programs at all. Simply make them execute a specified command like on linux .desktop, could you?
nutcase84 #66
Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:01 AM
I see that a filemanager is a lot of work and will take time, would it be possible to add some kind of shell access? Eg in the begin menu a shell button which will open the default shell as sub-process, maybe with an additional header?

I Also think that the program icons shouldn't be hardcoded or bound to programs at all. Simply make them execute a specified command like on linux .desktop, could you?
Theres a enable terminal setting in the setting file. I don't know what it does. I plan on adding a terminal app to NDFN-OS.
remiX #67
Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:52 AM
Wow, just wow. This is nice :D/> Your car game is so difficult though :(/> haha
NDFJay #68
Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:57 AM
Wow, just wow. This is nice :D/> Your car game is so difficult though :(/> haha

haha it was intented to be :P/> ive made it slighlty easier in the next update with a personal best score :)/> global leaderboard will be added in soon too :)/> and maybe a multiplayer mode, not sure yet
NDFJay #69
Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

The icons posisions on the desktop are the only hard coded part, the rest is 100% editable from the icons to the name to the program it launches, also in the next update there is a file manager and cloud storage (up to 2000 characters per file)

Theres a enable terminal setting in the setting file. I don't know what it does. I plan on adding a terminal app to NDFN-OS.

the enable terminal setting isnt coded into the current version but is in the next update and and cant wait to see NDFN-OS ^_^/> Ill give it proprietary on the NDF-OS website when that goes live ^_ :)/>
Dusty_Rebel #70
Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:44 AM
I was wondering if you could post a download for the actual "OS" instead of the installer bcuz my computer is parental controlled…
Thx for reading,
Dusty_rebel
Mads #71
Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:01 AM
It's not really a "build", if the source code is distributed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_build
NDFJay #72
Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:10 AM
It's not really a "build", if the source code is distributed. http://en.wikipedia..&#46;&#46;/Software_build

Wow you must be fun at parties ^_^/>

I was wondering if you could post a download for the actual "OS" instead of the installer bcuz my computer is parental controlled…
Thx for reading,
Dusty_rebel

Coming right up my good man
NDFJay #73
Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:13 AM
Thx for reading,
Dusty_rebel

there you go ^_^/> enjoy
Mads #74
Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

xD
I might be :)/>
NDFJay #75
Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

xD
I might be :)/>
Now if you will excuse me I have some work to do on my next 'Build' :P/> haha
NDFJay #76
Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:45 AM
Yarrr' there be a new update with some awesome new features! V2 is here!

get it from our new wesbite and register for your Cloud storage account!

>> WEBSITE <<

Or get the OS without registering your Cloud ID

>> pastebin get 4sjm5CfY installer <<

New Features:
  • Screen Savers
  • Cloud Storage
  • Cloud Roaming Profiles
  • In Game Feedback
  • File Manager
Dusty_Rebel #77
Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:57 AM
Thx for reading,
Dusty_rebel

there you go ^_^/> enjoy

Thx So Much!
NDFJay #78
Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:59 AM
Thx for reading,
Dusty_rebel

there you go ^_^/> enjoy

Thx So Much!

No problem, please let me know if theres anything else you need :)/>
Dusty_Rebel #79
Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:46 AM
Thx for reading,
Dusty_rebel

there you go ^_^/>/> enjoy

Thx So Much!

No problem, please let me know if theres anything else you need :)/>/>
Ok :)/>
NDFJay #80
Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:54 AM
V 2.1 is Out now!

Changelog:
  • Fixed Auto-Update bug not checking for updates
  • Fixed Speeder game bug returning to terminal
  • New File Manager GUI Style
Download it from the >> website <<

OR IN GAME WITH

>> pastebin get 4sjm5CfY installer <<
makerimages #81
Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:30 AM
How did you do the cloud stuff? Custom or a ready online solution??
theoriginalbit #82
Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:26 AM
How did you do the cloud stuff? Custom or a ready online solution??

He made his own custom solution.
CoolisTheName007 #83
Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:13 AM
Hum, what do you use for password protection? Cause if you just store it plainly, it's bad.
NDFJay #84
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:29 AM
Hum, what do you use for password protection? Cause if you just store it plainly, it's bad.

which do you mean? online storage or local?

online is encrypted and not telling with what for security reasons and local is plain text for now, im making my own encryption for local passwords which will be in update 2.5
NDFJay #85
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:00 PM
what do you guys think of the seasonal login screen? it will change back to normal automatically after Christmas!

Cant see it in the OS? download the latest version!
CoolisTheName007 #86
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:16 PM
snip
Isn't an hash function the normal solution for this kind of problems? I made a sha1 port, that's why I posted about it.
Now, reading wikipedia article on passwords, there may be better ways.
NDFJay #87
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:32 PM
snip
Isn't an hash function the normal solution for this kind of problems? I made a sha1 port, that's why I posted about it.
Now, reading wikipedia article on passwords, there may be better ways.

Im porting joomla encryption because so far its the most secure plus with my cloud feature the chances of users actually using localized logins are slim, the feature is only included in case they want to use it for what ever reason
makerimages #88
Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:49 PM
Still being curious: how does your cloud storage work!?????
NDFJay #89
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:03 PM
Still being curious: how does your cloud storage work!?????

it works through SQL queries and stores the uploaded files on my server when they get added to your personal cloud storage and temporary downloaded when you log in, the cloud storage gets re downloaded on each login so your cloud storage is always up to date where ever you log in to the account
Zoroark173 #90
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:14 PM
Hello. Two quick things! 1- In the next version, please add a CMD option in the [Begin] menu, so that we can do stuff like getting files from pastebin, and creating new files. Also, Using the Paint seems to be broken. Whenever I try and save, it crashes and deletes the pic :P/>
NDFJay #91
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:24 PM
Hello. Two quick things! 1- In the next version, please add a CMD option in the [Begin] menu, so that we can do stuff like getting files from pastebin, and creating new files. Also, Using the Paint seems to be broken. Whenever I try and save, it crashes and deletes the pic :P/>

code for CMD is already in place for the next version and you can already create new files by using the file manager if you right click on the left hand side of the program

as for paint not working thats a new one, its not developed by me so you will need to alert [member='nitrogenfingers'] about it but paint seems to work fine for me and everyone else thats used the OS

I'm also adding in my own pastebin get section that will add the downloaded filed directly to the documents folder, that will be in the next version
Zoroark173 #92
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

code for CMD is already in place for the next version and you can already create new files by using the file manager if you right click on the left hand side of the program

as for paint not working thats a new one, its not developed by me so you will need to alert [member='nitrogenfingers'] about it but paint seems to work fine for me and everyone else thats used the OS

I'm also adding in my own pastebin get section that will add the downloaded filed directly to the documents folder, that will be in the next version
Ohh, so that's how you make a new file. I'm dumb >.>
And also, maybe the saving problem is just it running out of memory or something. IDK :P/>
Also, you should add the ability for us to add our own Icons to the home-screen!
EDIT: Bug: When you have Icons hidden, on right-click of the home screen, it says Properties instead of Feedback, but brings you to the Feedback page.
NDFJay #93
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:31 PM
Also, you should add the ability for us to add our own Icons to the home-screen!

already have, you design your icon in paint at the top left corner in a 5 x 5 save it then click on the red plus on the icon and click ch icon type the name of the icon you just made and it will change, you can also change what the icon launches and rename the icon

everything on the desktop apart from the location of where things are is changable

EDIT– Ill fix that bug in the next update, I know exactly that the issue is :)/> thanks
Zoroark173 #94
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:53 PM
Also, 1 last thing! Do you think that you could have my game SwordQuest come bundled with this? It is a little RPG, nothing to exciting, but a nice little game (besides the car one) could be fun!
Heres the link to my thread on the game: http://www.computerc...zoroark-and-co/
Also I would prefer if the pic was something like this: [attachment=811:SwordQuestpic.png]

EDIT: I intensely dislike how the pixels on the Paint program are not all the same size squares. >.> Makes making pictures that should look nice difficult :angry:/>
NDFJay #95
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:58 PM
Also, 1 last thing! Do you think that you could have my game SwordQuest come bundled with this? It is a little RPG, nothing to exciting, but a nice little game (besides the car one) could be fun!
Also I would prefer if the pic was something like this: [attachment=811:SwordQuestpic.png]

EDIT: I intensely dislike how the pixels on the Paint program are not all the same size squares. >.> Makes making pictures that should look nice difficult :angry:/>

you got any screenshots to go with the forum topic?

edit– as your game is at the moment its too buggy to include and still needs a lot of work, once the bugs have been removed and it has more of an element to it ill be happy to include it but as it is right now i cant, sorry
Zoroark173 #96
Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

you got any screenshots to go with the forum topic?

edit– as your game is at the moment its too buggy to include and still needs a lot of work, once the bugs have been removed and it has more of an element to it ill be happy to include it but as it is right now i cant, sorry
May you mind telling me what bugs I have in it? The only one I can think of is that you have to ctrl+t to get out of it, but that's not really a bug…
NDFJay #97
Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:13 PM
–snip–

when i was playing it i was attacking the "bad guy" untill his health was -63 and mine was -55 thats a pretty big bug and when i use the move command nothing happened
Zoroark173 #98
Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:17 PM
–snip–

when i was playing it i was attacking the "bad guy" untill his health was -63 and mine was -55 thats a pretty big bug and when i use the move command nothing happened
Oh crap. i completely forgot to check for wins/game overs ._. And move does do something, it just doesn't tell you (Adding that in right now)
There is a lot more bugs than I realized… Programming my calculator is so much easier ._.
NDFJay #99
Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:22 PM
–snip–

I know what you mean, programming pre-defined functions are a lot easier that programming variable ones lol
Zoroark173 #100
Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:31 PM
–snip–

I know what you mean, programming pre-defined functions are a lot easier that programming variable ones lol
The main thing that I like though about TI-BASIC (The Calculator programming language) is the Label and Goto features. Those are so handy ._. They let you just skip around parts of your code.
theoriginalbit #101
Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:13 AM
The main thing that I like […] Goto features.

NO! Just NO! No programmer should ever like goto, and when used outside of assembly language should be shot and brought back to be eaten by a velociraptor! Sorry if that sounds harsh but goto is horrible thing to use in a higher level language, if you want to jump somewhere to do something, USE functions/procedures/methods or whatever its called in the language your using.
Zoroark173 #102
Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:27 AM
Hey, I just finished updating my game! Fixed a few bugs, and added a little bit more fun and randomization into the game with Scenarios!
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/5159-zoroark-and-co/
The pastebin ID is dpxaV7s9

BTW, I had to code parts of this outside of CC (In Notepad++) Because the editor for the OS would never save (it would always say Error saving),mand then it would delete random sections of my code ._.
Zoroark173 #103
Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:34 AM
The main thing that I like […] Goto features.

NO! Just NO! No programmer should ever like goto, and when used outside of assembly language should be shot and brought back to be eaten by a velociraptor! Sorry if that sounds harsh but goto is horrible thing to use in a higher level language, if you want to jump somewhere to do something, USE functions/procedures/methods or whatever its called in the language your using.
But it makes making RPG stuff soooooo easyyyyyyy
example: (in TI-BASIC):

Lbl 1
Disp "TROLL LOOP"
Goto 1
This will create an infinite loop on your calculator that says "TROLL LOOP"! Or, you can use it for more powerful things, like for example, if it was in Lua, I would plop a Label at the beginning of where the main code for the battle started in my game (where you could enter which command you wanted to use), and a Goto at the end of every option, so that after they did an option, they could just go straight back to the entering their next choice. It just makes life so much easier. Especially when you are programming on a calculator.
theoriginalbit #104
Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:02 AM
As for the infinite loop, while… loop… its an awesome thing…

as for the conditions to return to the label, in higher level languages (except Lua :'( there is a thing called continue) which skips everything and goes back to the start of the loop.
NDFJay #105
Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:29 AM
Question to you all:

Zoroark173 #106
Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:28 PM
So NDFJay, is my current version of SwordQuest good to be in NDF-OS now?
Xfel #107
Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:29 PM
What I can't understand is that you are mingling about games while this os still doesn't have a simple editor. I'd put that on the top feature request list.
Sammich Lord #108
Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:39 PM
The "OS" is pretty useless without a text editor. The GUI looks awesome(Nice GNOME style.) but if somebody was actually going to use this instead of CraftOS they would need at least a text editor.
NDFJay #109
Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:17 AM
What I can't understand is that you are mingling about games while this os still doesn't have a simple editor. I'd put that on the top feature request list.
The "OS" is pretty useless without a text editor. The GUI looks awesome(Nice GNOME style.) but if somebody was actually going to use this instead of CraftOS they would need at least a text editor.

Text editor will be in the next version, I'll be using Grimm Reapers Note-Taker
ObtusePenguin #110
Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:08 PM
I would love to use this OS, but I'm having a pretty major problem:

When I try to run "install" after downloading via pastebin, I get a white screen on the terminal in Minecraft, and the CraftOS doesn't 'unload' as it should. my HTTP_api is set to 'true', so I'm really lost as to what the problem is.

On a side note, where would I have to place the offlind .zip files you uploaded?

Cheers.
theoriginalbit #111
Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM
On a side note, where would I have to place the offlind .zip files you uploaded?

They would go into here
/minecraftDir/saves/worldSave/computer/computerID
obviously substituting in values for minecraftDir, worldSave and computerID with appropriate. To find out the id of the computer type into the CC console id and it is that number.
ObtusePenguin #112
Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:52 PM
I figured out what I was doing wrong -Using a normal computer instead of an advanced!

Thanks so much for this, it makes it a lot easier to use terminals now. :)/>
NDFJay #113
Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:17 AM
I figured out what I was doing wrong -Using a normal computer instead of an advanced!

sorry about that, my fault, i forgot to add a teminal check to see if you were using the right computer… its added to the next update ^_^/>
NDFJay #114
Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:15 AM
Version 2.5 is now out!

Changelog

• Major bug fixing
  • Notepad - Note-Taker by Grim Reaper
  • New File manager style that updates with the OS colors
  • Shell access from the Begin menu!
  • Added About and credits
theoriginalbit #115
Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

sorry about that, my fault, i forgot to add a teminal check to see if you were using the right computer… its added to the next update ^_^/>

Yeh woo! :P/>
HotGirlEAN #116
Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:34 PM
Nice job on the Operating System. :)/> This is one of the first OS' I've seen make it to version 2.0. (lots of them die at 1.0)

^^; however I can't say this is the "Original" Windows OS I've seen, there's been LOTS I've seen that look like Windows (but 97% of them don't come close to the quality of this OS)

:)/> I'll subscribe to your channel to see further updates, thanks!
NDFJay #117
Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:36 AM
–snip–

Thanks ^_^/>

also I can admit this isnt the original Windows styled OS, theres OS's like WinDOS and WinOS and a few others, the main reason for the title is so people know that NDF-OS is the original style that is being copied throughout a few OS's being released lately, KREOS being one of them, not that im complaining, I find it flattering that people are copying my style and we're a community, we share Ideas, its just mainly so people know where the idea and style originated from ^_^/>

and thanks for subbing ^_^/> im about to record a feedback video where I record all the feedback that was sent in through the in game feedback program and respond to it :)/>

thanks again,
~NDFJay
HotGirlEAN #118
Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:15 AM
I have a suggestion, well, maybe a few.
  1. The cloud thing get to working! >.<
  2. Allow file sharing with other people!
  3. Shiny program for cloud? :D/>
:)/> Thanks, love your OS! <3

Also, Lua is open-source (mostly) so other OS' can spawn off of another, but… I say if it looks nearly exactly like your OS and they claim to be the Original author, that's just mean. :/
NDFJay #119
Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:44 AM
I have a suggestion, well, maybe a few.
  1. The cloud thing get to working! >.<
  2. Allow file sharing with other people!
  3. Shiny program for cloud? :D/>
:)/> Thanks, love your OS! <3

Also, Lua is open-source (mostly) so other OS' can spawn off of another, but… I say if it looks nearly exactly like your OS and they claim to be the Original author, that's just mean. :/

1. Im working hard on getting cloud back up, its a bit hard since CC doesnt allow direct access to SQL, the way around is with PHP as a relay but that opens problems…
2. File sharing will be implamented when Cloud goes back up
3. already got a shiny UI for Cloud but no point releasing it yet since Cloud isnt working… if you have any idea's on a style for Cloud let me know

Thanks for loving the OS and thanks for the feedback ^_^/>

also lua might be open source but so is linux and some linux distro's are copyrighted, linux as a shell is open source but the stuff built on it can be copyright and visa versa Lua as a shell is open source but the stuff built on it can be subject to copyright
HotGirlEAN #120
Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:09 AM
Indeed it is, but without any kind of Copyright protection you can't really stop someone from copying your code.
NDFJay #121
Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:38 AM
Indeed it is, but without any kind of Copyright protection you can't really stop someone from copying your code.

we're a community, we share code and credit the dev, i havent stopped anyone from using mu code lol, i've copyrighted my logo but not the code, just letting people know where where this design of OS came from
HotGirlEAN #122
Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:17 PM
When do you expect to be able to get the Cloud up and running? I can't wait to see it!
NDFJay #123
Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:26 PM
When do you expect to be able to get the Cloud up and running? I can't wait to see it!

hopefully in the next 2 weeks
HotGirlEAN #124
Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:28 PM
Awesome! :)/> I'll check it out when it comes out. Also, a LITTLE off topic but, how did you do your Logo? :)/> It's awesome!
NDFJay #125
Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:56 PM
Awesome! :)/> I'll check it out when it comes out. Also, a LITTLE off topic but, how did you do your Logo? :)/> It's awesome!

which one? the one in the OS or the one in my signature?

the one in my OS I made in npaintpro, the one in my signature I print screened the one from my OS, masked it in after effects then animated it
HotGirlEAN #126
Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:31 PM
:)/> Cool! What program did you use for the after-effects?
Gimp? Photoshop?
NDFJay #127
Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:54 PM
:)/> Cool! What program did you use for the after-effects?
Gimp? Photoshop?

After Effects, its a program in the Adobe suite used for video editing but can also be used to make gifs when rendering to .png compiling the .png's into a .gif in Photoshop
HotGirlEAN #128
Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:00 PM
Can I have a sneak peak of the Cloud :D/> ?
NDFJay #129
Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:07 AM
Can I have a sneak peak of the Cloud :D/> ?

I might post a Concept image of how Im trying to make it look
bjornir90 #130
Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:22 AM
I have an idea for you : make links of files. I explain myself : it's just something that tell the computer a file is somewhere but when a program or the user open it, it will open the file linked wich somewhere else. This allow file put in a folder to be accessed by any program in the root folder, this would be useful especially for API loading. I hope I am understandable :)/>
GravityScore #131
Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 AM
I have an idea for you : make links of files. I explain myself : it's just something that tell the computer a file is somewhere but when a program or the user open it, it will open the file linked wich somewhere else. This allow file put in a folder to be accessed by any program in the root folder, this would be useful especially for API loading. I hope I am understandable :)/>

This concept is called aliases, and can be accomplished by yourself with shell.setAlias and shell.clearAlias. Documentation.
NDFJay #132
Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

I was going to do something like this using the setAlias method but I dont really have much use for it at the moment, as GravityScore said, my OS is pretty easily modified if anyone wants to do it them selves, I just have no use for it at this stage in developement, I've built in all the features that this might be useful for like saving and editing pictires in NPAINT pro, changing the background, custom icons, stuff like that is all done with a similar method to setAlias thats why you never have to enter the full path or file extention, just the name of the file
makerimages #133
Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:09 AM
Feedback to feedback vid: Oh come on, at least say how do you get files to the server (eg. how to get lua into php)
NDFJay #134
Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:29 AM
Feedback to feedback vid: Oh come on, at least say how do you get files to the server (eg. how to get lua into php)

how I get LUA into PHP…

LUA Side

filename = read()
content = read()

http.post(
"http://www.website.com/upload.php?filename="..textutils.urlEncode(tostring(filename)).."&amp;content="..textutils.urlEncode(tostring(content))
)

PHP Side

<?php
$myFile = urldecode($_GET['filename']);
$fh = fopen($myFile, 'w') or die("can't open file");
$stringData = urldecode($_GET['content']);
fwrite($fh, $stringData);
fclose($fh);
?>

as a very basic no encrypted method thats how it would be done
GravityScore #135
Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

how I get LUA into PHP…

LUA Side

filename = read()
content = read()

http.post(
"http://www.website.com/upload.php?filename="..textutils.urlEncode(tostring(filename)).."&amp;content="..textutils.urlEncode(tostring(content))
)

PHP Side

<?php
$myFile = urldecode($_GET['filename']);
$fh = fopen($myFile, 'w') or die("can't open file");
$stringData = urldecode($_GET['content']);
fwrite($fh, $stringData);
fclose($fh);
?>

as a very basic no encrypted method thats how it would be done

You use http.post in lua, but $_GET in PHP? I'm sure it just a small error :P/>, but I'll point it out anyway xD

Just out of interest, when coding your PHP scripts, do you make sure that the request is using HTTP Post, not get? Or do you allow both, or only get?
I usually find myself making sure $_POST exists and if not printing out "Requires HTTP Post" before executing anything (so browsers are not able to be used to execute the PHP - and potentially spam it).

Plus on a side note, according to the documentation, all variables in $_GET have already been passed through urldecode, but the ones in $_POST have not - and according to the documentation on urldecode, things that have already been decoded should not be decoded again to prevent them becoming distorted. Be careful with this :P/>

Quotes from PHP documentation:
Warning
The superglobals $_GET and $_REQUEST are already decoded. Using urldecode() on an element in $_GET or$_REQUEST could have unexpected and dangerous results.

Note:
The GET variables are passed through urldecode().
NDFJay #136
Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:10 AM
–snip–

This isnt how I do it lol, im a lot more encryted, im working on my own encryption and security at the moment thats why my cloud storage is down, I was just posting a simple way that has no protection, its a simple method that can be adapted and modified to be a powerfull and secure upload system but yeah, this isnt how I do it, now saying how I do it because that basically invites spammers and hackers to crack it and mess everything up lol
Shurelia #137
Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:59 PM
Ah, how should I put this lightly… Your security SUCKS. If anybody wants proof that the security sucks, they can look up their username on the following table. You can confirm that the email matches yours– and if the password was cracked, your password too…

Dumping it was a very easy task, requiring no skill. I mean, I successfully got in! I usually don't get in! A ten year old got in!! (笑

The dump is somewhat old, so, if your name doesn't show up in there, that would likely explain it.

By the way, for the more technically minded of you: The passwords were hashed with /unsalted/ md5… yeah.

I beg of you, for own sake, your password and security's sake, and for the sake of not supporting horrible coders, please DO NOT use this operating system!!

P.S. If your password is not cracked, and, you're a more technically minded person, I could PM you the first few bytes of the MD5 hash of your password as proof that I have it.

boop
EDIT: Jack the Ripper is producing more cracks~ Will update table
EDIT 2: Removed table since it's no longer contributing to causing lulz.
NDFJay #138
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:05 AM
Shurelia here. It turns out, one of the passwords I cracked was NDFJay's :o/>!!

This is going to be fun~
makerimages #139
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:08 AM
Oh dear lord…it maches up, mine was not craked, send me my md5 hash plz…
HotGirlEAN #140
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:09 AM
How did you get this? The cloud doesn't even exist yet…
Doe's the OS actually send our login information away insecurely?
Shurelia #141
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:14 AM
How did you get this? The cloud doesn't even exist yet…
Doe's the OS actually send our login information away insecurely?

It existed for a while before, at http://ndfos.ndfjay.co.uk/register/ I dumped it at that point– the security was a mess.
HotGirlEAN #142
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:16 AM
So that means that possibly the security holes were patched?
You're surprisingly good. :)/>
makerimages #143
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:17 AM
that exactly why the cloud is down-to patch security holes.
Shurelia #144
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:19 AM
So that means that possibly the security holes were patched?
You're surprisingly good.

IDK if they're patched or not. The cloud was apparently taken down because someone reported the security bugs after I went in and made the dump.
HotGirlEAN #145
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:21 AM
I'm glad I didn't sign up for the cloud while it was still up and running, PHEW! That was a close one. >.<
makerimages #146
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:24 AM
You should use yiur skillz for the good only! Report the exact way how you did it to NDFJay and offer other, with similar online solutions your skillz to find security holes in their solutions
Shurelia #147
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:26 AM
You should use yiur skillz for the good only! Report the exact way how you did it to NDFJay and offer other, with similar online solutions your skillz to find security holes in their solutions

The problems were so egregious that anybody with the slightest idea how to secure stuff would not write the code in that way. There's no need to do any such thing.
HotGirlEAN #148
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Well if it's the general way of doing it, she:
Went to the sign up page,
used the apostrophe to test for SQL database valnurabilites,
found a valn.
found the database name, username, tables, and columns,
got data out of the users table and listed the username, email address, and password,
through that she organized it,
then dumped it.
Shurelia #149
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Well if it's the general way of doing it, she:
Went to the sign up page,
used the apostrophe to test for SQL database valnurabilites,
found a valn.
found the database name, username, tables, and columns,
got data out of the users table and listed the username, email address, and password,
through that she organized it,
then dumped it.

Nah. That's more excusable. He had a sync.php file that lets you upload any kind of file, literally. This includes PHP scripts… yeah.
HotGirlEAN #150
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:41 AM
That's kind of a fail.

You could just do echo(file_get_contents("register.php")); and be able to get the SQL db username and password and be able to get any information you wanted. :/
Shurelia #151
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:43 AM
That's kind of a fail.

You could just do echo(file_get_contents("register.php")); and be able to get the SQL db username and password and be able to get any information you wanted. :/

Not really. The data was stored in a SQL database, soo… Pretty easy to dump one though. I'm pretty sure there's still SQL injection flaws around, actually, but, I never looked in that direction– the error I had was egregious enough to make those moot.
HotGirlEAN #152
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:48 AM
With the entire service being down at the moment I doubt you would be able to get into it and get anything you haven't already seen.
I already walked about in the http://ndfos.ndfjay.co.uk/register/ directory which gave me a list of all the php files, tested SQL injection vulnerabilities, none of them would budge.

EDIT: Isn't Jack the Ripper a really primitive program? I'm surprised you could break in with just using that. Or you're using it to decrypt the MD5 hashes but IDK.

EDIT 2: This is spiraling out of control really quickly xD, I wonder if NDFJay will be able to recover his account.
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #153
Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:31 AM
God… Remind me to never use the same password for two websites…..
TheVarmari #154
Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:43 AM
Thank god mine was not cracked. If you're good in the insides, please don't use them. NDF deserved it, but release his. Please?
alakazard12 #155
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:03 AM
Mine was cracked but JOKES ON HER!! I was already changing all my password so HAH! SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HotGirlEAN #156
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:12 AM
She's already banned (assuming based on her activity patterns). She did this to prove a point that there was a fallacy in security and you guys were entrusting the wrong person with the information. I don't think she'll release any information besides the already given information.
Shurelia #157
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:15 AM
Mine was cracked but JOKES ON HER!! I was already changing all my password so HAH! SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry. The only person has reason to change all their passwords is NDFCirnoJay
alakazard12 #158
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:19 AM
Yeah I realized that you weren't on the bad side after I re-read the post.
AfterLifeLochie #159
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:20 AM
She's already banned (assuming based on her activity patterns). She did this to prove a point that there was a fallacy in security and you guys were entrusting the wrong person with the information. I don't think she'll release any information besides the already given information.
She's not banned - it's in the hands of Dan and Cloudy now. There's nothing that I can do, aside suspend hijacked accounts.

SpoilerOn a personal note, the next person to say to me, rudely, via PM, "AfterLifeLochie did it!" will personally cop a foot so far up their rear-end, you'll need a proctologist to remove it. The last time I was poking around NDFJay's servers was today at 1pm, by his request, and he's most welcome to check and scrub logs for database access - there wasn't any - and what good does breaking everyone's passwords do me in the first place? Don't point fingers unless you've got evidence.

(If you couldn't figure - I'm really not in the best mood right now; I've spent my afternoon cleaning signatures of porn, and now being accused of "hacking".)
NDFJay #160
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:59 AM
Due to some low life people the decided to completely fuck up my profile because they found a security hole in a script that I removed a week or 2 ago I have stopped working on NDF-OS, I might decide to continue it one day but for now consider it terminated, as for cloud storage if I ever do continue NDF-OS there wont be any Cloud storage.

I had [member='AfterLifeLochie'] poke through the new script I was working on last night and point out some holes in it so I could close them and get it all back up in a secure way but now I dont see any point in continuing that or the rest of this project.

Just to be clear, [member='AfterLifeLochie'] was NOT the person to dump the files but I do have a pretty good idea of who it was.

~NDFJay

NDF-OS is dead
AndreWalia #161
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:01 AM
Due to some low life people the decided to completely fuck up my profile because they found a security hole in a script that I removed a week or 2 ago I have stopped working on NDF-OS, I might decide to continue it one day but for now consider it terminated, as for cloud storage if I ever do continue NDF-OS there wont be any Cloud storage.

~NDFJay

NDF-OS is dead

write("NOOOO")
for i = 1,10000 do
    write("O")
end
GravityScore #162
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:01 AM
Well, that list of new security features I was about to PM you is useless now :P/>

Better version of the above script :P/>

print("NOOOO" .. string.rep("O", 99999999) .. "OOO!!!!!" .. string.rep("!", 999999999))
AndreWalia #163
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:04 AM
Wait! Cant you use google cache to see how you configured it before?
NDFJay #164
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:33 AM
Actually no, you know what, fuck it Im not gonna let this get in the way of doing something I enjoy, screw that for an Idea, starting now I'm going for a full recode, recoding and redesigning every aspect, every feature, every last thing in the NDF-UI (Changing the name too since its not really an OS its more of a nice flashy UI)

NDF-UI will be making an apearance pretty soon, fuck the OS.

And fuck the likes of [member='Shurelia'] Yes you had a valid point for a security intrusion on an old script that doesnt exist anymore but you went about proving it the wrong way, let me ask you something, how secure is your computer? since PHP isn't really a strong point of mine but annon browsing, port sniffing and forcing SSH entry into Windows, Linux and Mac OS's is a very strong point, so let me ask you, how secure is your computer? or would you like me to fuck it up and render it useless?

Regards,

~NDFJay
Shurelia #165
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:37 AM
Responding with threats now, eh. For the record, I have no sshd running. This is called common sense.
NDFJay #166
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:46 AM
Responding with threats now, eh. For the record, I have no sshd running. This is called common sense.

Respoding in a way you might understand, as long as you have a connection to the internet theres a way into your computer unless you manually shutdown and close every port you are not using.
You may not have SSH running but there are alternatives.

Alternatively I could crack in and tell you how I did it so you can prevent further intrusion but… you didnt give me that courtesy so I dont see why I should give you the same, yes you may be good at PHP, its one thing I never really bothered to learn. now hacking computers and preventing myself getting hacked, thats something I have qualifications in, thats something I know and thats something that I hope to god you have protected yourself against, chances are you along with 99% of the people on this site and around 87% of people on the internet havent protected against.

Just a warning, I'll leave you be, just dont be a dick, remember common courtesy goes a long way
GravityScore #167
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:52 AM
I added this to the top of the Firewolf post, but I'll add it here to:

In light of recent events regarding NDF-OS, I would like to say that I am very sad to see it be discontinued - it was a fabulous OS and was my absolute favourite overall. I'm also quite annoyed at whoever decided not only to dump all the data pulled from NDFJay's MySQL database, but to (and I quote NDFJay here) "fuck up my profile". I know this was to show him the massive security holes in his system, but this could have EASILY been conveyed just as well though a simple: "Uhhhhhh I found some massive security holes in your OS. Go on to explain that he uncovered mostly everyone's passwords. Tell people they shouldn't probably use this OS until the holes are patched".

I really liked that OS. NDFJay has always been extremely nice, encouraging, fun and helpful - you did not need to go deface his profile and destroy his OS.

But since you decided to re-write the OS, YAY!!!!!!
I'll gladly help out with the PHP if you need anything :P/> And I'll PM you that security features list…
NDFJay #168
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:56 AM
I'll gladly help out with the PHP if you need anything :P/> And I'll PM you that security features list…

I commented on the FW post thanking you for the support ^__^ and please do man, that will be a great help :D/>

Im gonna start working on a new style today, brainstorm a new layout since my last one got copied ever where haha

note to admins: please can you move this topic to general untill I have the new UI coded, thanks
also any admins is there a way to change my name back to NDFJay?
Shurelia #169
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:58 AM
*giggles*

This is starting to sound fun. You're asking me to believe that, despite knowing how to secure computers, and are capable of thinking the ways you do to break into systems, you create a system so broken that anybody with a bit of common sense can break in?

The problems you had transcend lack of PHP knowledge. Allowing the uploading of arbitrary scripts is something you think of way beyond the language level. Any success you might have in hacking personal computers, would likely be attributable to being a script kiddie. To ask someone to believe that you are capable of exploiting systems from your own knowledge, while, somehow, not being able to realize that you need to write /some/ sort of protection for a 'sync.php' type script, is asking them to believe that you can write novels, yet, are unable to write a sentence.

If you actually had knowledge as to how to secure computer systems, you would not create such a script. Lack of knowledge of PHP manifests in more subtle bugs. This kind of flaw can only be explained as… a lack of knowledge in securing computer systems.

To make an implausible threat, then, call it off, on such a note… Hey. I think I know what this is called.
Shurelia #170
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:59 AM
To make it clear, what motivated me to do this is not the presence of security holes. What motivated me is the fact that, you not only had security holes, but, such large security holes. Then went on to advertise your software as "secure".

As for revealing the passwords, I figured that was the simplest way to prove publicly that such holes existed. Note that I redacted most of the passwords, and most of the emails for a reason. I (hopefully) left only enough to prove that I have that data.

I might also have had reports from friends about you bragging on a personal level about your security scales to trip me off. Who knows~
NDFJay #171
Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:10 AM
–snip–

hmmm lack of PHP knowledge will amount to lack of PHP security since, well, I didnt really know a damn thing about PHP, I've already admitted that, fortunately you dont need to know PHP to break into a Computer.

Im not an internet tough guy, I'm one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Ill say this again, yes you found some holes, you exposed them, you could of sent me it in a PM and not fucked up my profile but you didnt, yes ok you found some massive security wholes that I found were there thus removed all the scripts but you took it one step too far, any decent person that wanted to make a statement about it would not of re-written the forum topic, changed my username 3 times so now im stuck with this shit meme name for the next month and would not of posted the security breach live for everyone to see, I did mention to everyone that the reason I removed Cloud storage was because of the security holes and that I was working to close them, not once did I brag about my security since I've been asking people for help since I started the program.

Bottom line is you had a good point, wrong execution… A bit like Hitler
GravityScore #172
Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:15 AM
Im not an internet tough guy, I'm one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

but you took it one step too far, any decent person that wanted to make a statement about it would not of re-written the forum topic.

Seconded. So hugely seconded.
Shurelia #173
Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:20 AM
Bottom line is you had a good point, wrong execution… A bit like Hitler

I hope you understand what you're implying.
EDIT: Now that I think about, it.. I hope you DON'T understand what you're implying.
NDFJay #174
Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:24 AM
I hope you understand what you're implying.

I understand exactly what I'm implying, I am implying that Hitler had a good vision, a good plan he just went about executing his plan in the wrong way, nothing racists or anything there, Historians will tell you the exact same thing.

You had a good point, wrong execution, exactly the same principle and that is why I compared you to Hitler, you both had a good point/plan and both went about the wrong way of executing it.

got a problem with that? grow up maybe act older than 10
Shurelia #175
Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

……

If the purpose of that was to leave me speechless, well done.
Sammich Lord #176
Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:36 AM
I leave for 3 days and this shit happens?!? I am amazed. Best of luck to you though! Hope your UI comes out soon and is better then ever!
NDFJay #177
Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:42 AM
I leave for 3 days and this shit happens?!? I am amazed. Best of luck to you though! Hope your UI comes out soon and is better then ever!

Dude I left for 5 hours and this happened lol, My UI is just getting started ^_^/> well im going to start it soon and record ever step of the way for my Youtube channel ^__^
Thanks for the support ^_^/>

And thank you to everyone thats supporting me, you guys are amazing <3
Cranium #178
Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:59 AM
I did like the look of NDFOS, and I can't wait to see the UI. Hopefully the person responsible for the 'hack'(I hesitate to call it that, as it just looks like they gained access to old info) gets punished, because there was no reason to do this in such a malicious way.
All this accomplished was to piss people off, and rally behind the developer, because they decided to take the villian route. If they had simply pointed out the security flaws, instead of using the information you gained for malicious reasons, they might, MIGHT have been able to cause some change, in a good way. But no, they decided to spout off about his security(which he already said is shit for PHP since he does not know it).
This is why I have a hard time on these forums, because a good majority of the users here are pathetically immature.
NDFJay #179
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:15 AM
I did like the look of NDFOS, and I can't wait to see the UI. Hopefully the person responsible for the 'hack'(I hesitate to call it that, as it just looks like they gained access to old info) gets punished, because there was no reason to do this in such a malicious way.
All this accomplished was to piss people off, and rally behind the developer, because they decided to take the villian route. If they had simply pointed out the security flaws, instead of using the information you gained for malicious reasons, they might, MIGHT have been able to cause some change, in a good way. But no, they decided to spout off about his security(which he already said is shit for PHP since he does not know it).
This is why I have a hard time on these forums, because a good majority of the users here are pathetically immature.

Thanks :)/> New UI will be here in a few weeks, not releasing it untill its complete and has no bugs, will still feature the same API's and programs since I already hold permission to include them :)/>

as for the "hack" I'm over it, IMO we should just ignore it, yes it happened, no amount of complaining will change that so best to just forget it, learn from it and move on ^_^/>
AndreWalia #180
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:40 PM
Thank god I never felt like making an account… I use the same password for EVERY account I make :P/>
AndreWalia #181
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:44 PM
WHY IS SHE NOT BANNED? BROKE INTO NDFJAY'S ACCOUNT! AND THAT SHOULD BE A IP BAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD HER ACCOUNT PICTURE SHOULD SAY IM A FAGGOT ALL OVER IT!!!!
NDFJay #182
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:45 PM
Thank god I never felt like making an account… I use the same password for EVERY account I make :P/>

yeah so do i… I've changed them all now… to a different password thats still the same for ever site… lol

WHY IS SHE NOT BANNED? BROKE INTO NDFJAY'S ACCOUNT! AND THAT SHOULD BE A IP BAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD HER ACCOUNT PICTURE SHOULD SAY IM A FAGGOT ALL OVER IT!!!!

LOOOOOL nahh we'll leave he be, if she gets banned she gets banned, I honestly dont care what happens to her lol, I'm over it ^_^/>
AndreWalia #183
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

yeah so do i… I've changed them all now… to a different password thats still the same for ever site… lol

LOOOOOL nahh we'll leave he be, if she gets banned she gets banned, I honestly dont care what happens to her lol, I'm over it ^_^/>
Next thing you know she's gonna hack everyones youtube! I bet she even tried to get on you're youtube!
NDFJay #184
Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Next thing you know she's gonna hack everyones youtube! I bet she even tried to get on you're youtube!

she might have, with being a youtube partner I have a sort of safe latch, when i try login from a new location I need to very its me through email, and my email password is different than my others
AndreWalia #185
Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

she might have, with being a youtube partner I have a sort of safe latch, when i try login from a new location I need to very its me through email, and my email password is different than my others
Good :P/>
AndreWalia #186
Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:10 PM
Are porn signatures allowed? I saw one earlier (I'm scarred for life) i reported it
HotGirlEAN #187
Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:26 PM
o_o where did you see that?
Also, I believe Shurelia did the right thing to be honest, she showed you where you went wrong with security. A gray hat…
similar to how LulzSec doe's things.
NDFJay #188
Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:37 PM
Also, I believe Shurelia did the right thing to be honest, she showed you where you went wrong with security. A gray hat…

its one thing to show theres a security hole, its another to use it maliciously, for example, I could show you a security hole within your computer its self that would allow me access to your files and I could tell you how to fix that hole, or… I could delete all your files and tell you I did it because you werent secure enough and then I could go on further, get into your cookies and get all your login details for every site you have been on that session and basically log in to them and change your stuff and I could do that because your computer isnt secure and has massive security holes
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #189
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:13 PM
She hacked in. She decrypted passwords. She hijacked NDFJay's account. She forced the termination of work on the best OS in ComputerCraft.
If she was trying to improve security on NDF-OS (grey hat hacking), it's pointless now, cuz it doesn't exist anymore!
AndreWalia #190
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:20 PM
She's 10 years old look at her profile. Besides she could of only made a post saying that there is a security hole. And she didn't need to remove ALL the work :/
NDFJay #191
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:22 PM
She hacked in. She decrypted passwords. She hijacked NDFJay's account. She forced the termination of work on the best OS in ComputerCraft.
If she was trying to improve security on NDF-OS (grey hat hacking), it's pointless now, cuz it doesn't exist anymore!

Dont worry, NDF-OS will be back but under the name of NDF-UI, once its done anyone still using NDF-OS will automatically update to the new NDF-UI, making a full new system, aiming towards a more windows 8 metro style system, so the former NDF-OS is just undergoing a name change and a code re-write but the possible wont be any Cloud storage, maybe when I know a lot more about PHP I might allow it, also Im thinking of using this >> LINK << for the roaming accounts since every ones details will then be secured by minecraft.net and then anyone with a minecraft.net account can login with that
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #192
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Dont worry, NDF-OS will be back but under the name of NDF-UI, once its done anyone still using NDF-OS will automatically update to the new NDF-UI, making a full new system, aiming towards a more windows 8 metro style system, so the former NDF-OS is just undergoing a name change and a code re-write but the possible wont be any Cloud storage, maybe when I know a lot more about PHP I might allow it, also Im thinking of using this >> LINK << for the roaming accounts since every ones details will then be secured by minecraft.net and then anyone with a minecraft.net account can login with that
Word of advice, NONONONONO! That login system is seerrioouusssllly flawed. Passwords are sent in plaintext - give me a little time, and even I could write a program to intercept the passwords. Plus, if you make even one security hole, people will be able to log into other peoples Minecraft accounts… You wouldn't be putting just your own cloud storage data at risk…
NDFJay #193
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Word of advice, NONONONONO! That login system is seerrioouusssllly flawed. Passwords are sent in plaintext - give me a little time, and even I could write a program to intercept the passwords. Plus, if you make even one security hole, people will be able to log into other peoples Minecraft accounts… You wouldn't be putting just your own cloud storage data at risk…

I wasnt going to use it as it is, I was going to use that sort of system but break down the minecraft.net API its self and make a new system, was just a thought though, chances are as I said previously there wont be any cloud storage, thus there wont be any need for roaming accounts
Dusty_Rebel #194
Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I wasnt going to use it as it is, I was going to use that sort of system but break down the minecraft.net API its self and make a new system, was just a thought though, chances are as I said previously there wont be any cloud storage, thus there wont be any need for roaming accounts

aaawwww…. thats the one thing i loved 'bout NDF-OS darn…
NDFJay #195
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Its the thing most people loved and hopefully one day it might be back but untill then, it wont be included
Dusty_Rebel #196
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Its the thing most people loved and hopefully one day it might be back but untill then, it wont be included
Ok…..Just Gonna Have To Wait …. Until You Get NDF-UI ill be using KREOS…..
NDFJay #197
Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Thats fine with me, wont be long untill NDF-UI anyway :)/> got a big bulk of the code done today :)/> going to continue it after this episode of Doctor Who :D/>
Dusty_Rebel #198
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thats fine with me, wont be long untill NDF-UI anyway :)/> got a big bulk of the code done today :)/> going to continue it after this episode of Doctor Who :D/>
Hey, I've Been Wondering Is Doctor Who Kid-Friendly(No cussing or sexual things)?
NDFJay #199
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:13 PM
Hey, I've Been Wondering Is Doctor Who Kid-Friendly(No cussing or sexual things)?

I would say its pretty child friendly yes, I mean its on before watershed time so it needs to be family friendly
Dusty_Rebel #200
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:17 PM
Ok cause my dads really strict about what i watch and ive been wanting to watch doctor who for a while now , so thx
NDFJay #201
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:20 PM
Ok cause my dads really strict about what i watch and ive been wanting to watch doctor who for a while now , so thx

you should be fine with doctor who :)/>
HotGirlEAN #202
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:30 PM
:/ why are people making her look like "The bad guy" here.
NDFJay decided to terminate the work, and I'm sure when she got all the passwords she was amazed at how much you guys were trusting him.
So she decided to post the information CENSORED as proof she was able to get in. At the same time she effectively stopped another incident like this from happening by lowering our trust in his security measures. She got into NDFJay's account, defaced it, defaced the topic, to prove that she had the full passwords and it also showed that his OS was lacking in security even more.

Effectively it saved more incidients like this from happening because people are now on their toes about PHP web security.
:)/> In a way she actually helped some of us.
Dlcruz129 #203
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:37 PM
NDFJay decided to terminate the work, and I'm sure when she got all the passwords she was amazed at how much you guys were trusting him.
So she decided to post the information CENSORED as proof she was able to get in. At the same time she effectively stopped another incident like this from happening by lowering our trust in his security measures. She got into NDFJay's account, defaced it, defaced the topic, to prove that she had the full passwords and it also showed that his OS was lacking in security even more.

Effectively it saved more incidients like this from happening because people are now on their toes about PHP web security.
:)/>/> In a way she actually helped some of us.

I think she purged the database? But I'm not sure.
Cranium #204
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

The fact that she defaced ANYTHING was the problem. A responsible person would just have sent a PM. but no, she decided to grief everything she could. THAT is why she is the bad guy.

EDIT: NDFJay is not the bad guy for not knowing secure PHP. He wrote something for a VIDEOGAME. If you were to use the same password inside a videogame that would be used for something important, then that is a bad idea.
Understandably, using the same password as your forum password is a bad idea. NDFjay, that was a poor idea on your part.
HOWEVER, using that information to cause problems for another person is not acceptable. I'm sure you would not like it if I used your account to cause grief either.
Dusty_Rebel #205
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I Agree But Disagree….

She Shouldnt Have Screwed Up All His Work Though…

The fact that she defaced ANYTHING was the problem. A responsible person would just have sent a PM. but no, she decided to grief everything she could. THAT is why she is the bad guy.

Yeah
NDFJay #206
Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

The problem is and i will quote you "She got into NDFJay's account, defaced it, defaced the topic" thats the problem, thats the reason she's the bad guy, no the worst guy, I'll go back to my previous statement once more…

think of it this way, Someone hacks into your computer through a security hole in your operating system of choice "believe me there is a lot of them" then to prove that theres security wholes in your operating system of choice they delete all your files, thats ever document you have gone. but they record doing this and post it online on your facebook profile which they gained access to through your browser cookies and stored data. would they be the bad guy or would they be 100% in the right for doing it? think about your answer before you reply
Dusty_Rebel #207
Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:00 PM
BTW may i ask who is "SHE"?
Cranium #208
Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:01 PM
This has rapidly grown into a discussion on the ethics of 'hacking'. While I do enjoy discussing this topic, it is somewhat clouding this topic. I suggest using a new topic to discuss it. Try THIS.
HotGirlEAN #209
Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

The problem is and i will quote you "She got into NDFJay's account, defaced it, defaced the topic" thats the problem, thats the reason she's the bad guy, no the worst guy, I'll go back to my previous statement once more…

think of it this way, Someone hacks into your computer through a security hole in your operating system of choice "believe me there is a lot of them" then to prove that theres security wholes in your operating system of choice they delete all your files, thats ever document you have gone. but they record doing this and post it online on your facebook profile which they gained access to through your browser cookies and stored data. would they be the bad guy or would they be 100% in the right for doing it? think about your answer before you reply

:P/> for starters:
I don't use facebook.
I got backup computers.
I'd congratulate someone for being able to do that. I'd learn, fix the problem, and move on.
PixelToast #210
Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:28 PM
well besides a TON of flawls in firewolf and your kernal api allowing the complete formatting of the disk
it was a good OS
Cranium #211
Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:31 PM
:P/> for starters:
I don't use facebook.
I got backup computers.
I'd congratulate someone for being able to do that. I'd learn, fix the problem, and move on.
This is not against you. This is the one who decided that defiling is much more productive than reporting.
NDFJay #212
Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:38 PM
well besides a TON of flawls in firewolf and your kernal api allowing the complete formatting of the disk
it was a good OS

The flaws in firewolf? nothing to do with me, its not my program, its developed by GravityScore and 1lann so you will need to alert them of the flaws, as for allowing the complete formatting of the disk through my kernal yeah thats one issue but if the user is stupid enough to format the drive them they are stupid enough to do that, hell you can do that in windows if you use the disk manager
Sammich Lord #213
Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:30 PM
As for protection from uploading PHP files just set the perms to read-only. PHP scripts need to be executed so they cannot run as read-only. More info on the chmod function can be found here.
GravityScore #214
Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:06 PM
it was a good OS

Flaws? Flaws! Flaws!?!?!?!?
TELL ME MORE! :P/>
GravityScore #215
Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:08 PM
As for protection from uploading PHP files just set the perms to read-only. PHP scripts need to be executed so they cannot run as read-only. More info on the chmod function can be found here.

Oh?

This looks like it is extremely useful information. Thanks, I'll look into it for myself - I can give you a general gist if you want NDFJay?
PixelToast #216
Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:00 AM
i dont really trust you with it
what i can tell you is that you can extract user data, inject code into any file
and delete the entire disk :3
Cranium #217
Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 PM
i dont really trust you with it
what i can tell you is that you can extract user data, inject code into any file
and delete the entire disk :3
You do know that GravityScore is one of the TWO developers that create Firewolf…
PixelToast #218
Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:26 PM
yea, i know, me and mandrake are making viruses for it :3
i might give gravity some sample code soon
Mandrake Fernflower #219
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:09 PM
it was a good OS

The flaws in firewolf? nothing to do with me, its not my program, its developed by GravityScore and 1lann so you will need to alert them of the flaws, as for allowing the complete formatting of the disk through my kernal yeah thats one issue but if the user is stupid enough to format the drive them they are stupid enough to do that, hell you can do that in windows if you use the disk manager

Well I was there with PixelToast working on the exploits and I can tell you what we did has nothing to do with firewolf AT ALL. We simply used a remote code execution exploit in the NDFOS kernel (Not FireWolf). It has nothing to do with FireWolf! all we did was use firewolf as a delivery platform.
NDFJay #220
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:33 PM
We simply used a remote code execution exploit in the NDFOS kernel

Any chance I could get more information on this? I don't remember allowing remote code execution
PixelToast #221
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:51 PM
We simply used a remote code execution exploit in the NDFOS kernel

Any chance I could get more information on this? I don't remember allowing remote code execution
use
kernal.fwriteAtStart
to inject code into the top of startup
then use os.reboot() to restart the comp
now everything you appended to startup will be completely unrestricted

originally i injected the kernal api
wich for some reason caused a cascade of errors
now i use startup and it works ALOT better :3
Mandrake Fernflower #222
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:52 PM
I think that by making the "kernal.f" calls disallow writes to the startup file. would fix the expliot
NDFJay #223
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:57 PM
Well I do like your os and its interesting to see whats under the hood. While we were learning about its API. We looked into the kernel also just to say its file name is "kernal" due to a typo. and that theres a method where you can insert code into the kernel from a program. ( I dont rember what the calls were but ask PixelToast for more detail) all i remember is that you can patch the kernel from a website or nse useing I think fapppendfromstart call

Now thats a fault on my part, that function is part of the fLib API which I never removed but in the new rewrite there is no kernal, the only API getting loaded is NF gameutils API but this problem can exactly be countered since anyone can write an api or a program to do the same job,

EDIT– now that I think about it… all my files are now going to be read-only ^_^/>
Mandrake Fernflower #224
Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:59 PM
I would not say that all files need to be read-only. What if people want to customize the gui? I would recomend making it so that the fLib calls check to see if startup is the path and deny it
NDFJay #225
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:04 PM
I would not say that all files need to be read-only. What if people want to customize the gui? I would recomend making it so that the fLib calls check to see if startup is the path and deny it

all GUI customizations will be through external settings files anyway, the GUI will open the file into a table then call the corresponding index so pretty much everything apart from the settings file can be read-only
PixelToast #226
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:06 PM
or just make a custom path in firewolf for each website and deny access to anything outside of it
that way you could store "cookies" client-side without having to store everything on the server
NDFJay #227
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:11 PM
or just make a custom path in firewolf for each website and deny access to anything outside of it
that way you could store "cookies" client-side without having to store everything on the server

You will have to speak with GravityScore and 1lann about that
PixelToast #228
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:31 PM
ill try to implement my security features myself
ive made alot of IO / FS hooks to conceal data (mostly for viruses)

i already have firewolfs and ndfs homepage rerouted to my xampp server so i dont have to deal with automatic updates :3
Mandrake Fernflower #229
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:31 PM
PixelToast, thats a question to ask the people of firewolf. also NDF-Jay I would not reccomend making the whole thing read only. from our testing we found that the kernel and startup files are where the most damage can be done. So i would say to lock those files. and also how are we going to work on programs for this os
Mandrake Fernflower #230
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:34 PM
also where is the installer for the new ndf-os :D/>
PixelToast #231
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:39 PM
you mean the NDFOS2 folder right?
o.O
i might conjure an installer if there is none
NDFJay #232
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:40 PM
ill try to implement my security features myself
ive made alot of IO / FS hooks to conceal data (mostly for viruses)

i already have firewolfs and ndfs homepage rerouted to my xampp server so i dont have to deal with automatic updates :3

When the new UI gets released you wont have to deal with automatic updates from me, it will be more notification orientated, you will get a red ! on the task bar to indicate an OS or program notification/update in which when you pull down the task bar you can choose to update or ignore which will remind you later

PixelToast, thats a question to ask the people of firewolf. also NDF-Jay I would not reccomend making the whole thing read only. from our testing we found that the kernel and startup files are where the most damage can be done. So i would say to lock those files. and also how are we going to work on programs for this os

thats not a bad idea read-only access to the kernal and startup, as for working on programs for this os, ill be releasing a beta version once its ready

also where is the installer for the new ndf-os :D/>

the new one is still in development, ill be releasing the beta in a week or 2
Zoroark173 #233
Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:11 PM
Hey Jay, this might sound a bit outrageous, but maybe you could have the person who hacked NDF-OS help you with the security of NDF-UI! Since the person was "Like Hitler", and only trying to help you, by pointing something out, I'm sure that if you guys had a serious Skype talk, you guys could become friends, and then use her skills to help you make NDF-UI more secure!
PixelToast #234
Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:14 PM
it was insecure PHP files, im sure he wont make the same mistake again
hopefully this time i will find the hole before her
NDFJay #235
Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:14 PM
Hey Jay, this might sound a bit outrageous, but maybe you could have the person who hacked NDF-OS help you with the security of NDF-UI! Since the person was "Like Hitler", and only trying to help you, by pointing something out, I'm sure that if you guys had a serious Skype talk, you guys could become friends, and then use her skills to help you make NDF-UI more secure!

the security flaw wasnt in NDF-OS its self it was in the PHP based cloud storage which wont be part of the new UI so no need to increase the security of NDF-UI since theres no personal details stored

EDIT– and as PixelToast stated, I wont be making that mistake again

EDIT2 – I also ask a few people now to look over any scripts im thinking of implimenting, one of the people is someone that pointed out the holes in the first place which lead to me removing Cloud Storage
AndreWalia #236
Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:26 PM
I'll help look over it. When you're ready just message me the pastebin
Also you're only one post ahead of me :P/>
NDFJay #237
Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:32 PM
I'll help look over it. When you're ready just message me the pastebin
Also you're only one post ahead of me :P/>

Ill be sure to and lol didnt even realise lol, its not a competition :P/> im too lazy for that haha
PixelToast #238
Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:35 PM
your face in that pic 0_o
HotGirlEAN #239
Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:50 PM
NDFJay, you might want to change your display name, Cirno from Touhou… well…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyHJpHqI5uY
Would explain it.
NDFJay #240
Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:55 PM
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyHJpHqI5uY[/media]
Would explain it.

I know the meme, problem is your friend that changed my name changed it 3 times and your only allowed 3 changes per 30 days so I have to wait till the 29th to be able to change it back
Dusty_Rebel #241
Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:19 PM
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyHJpHqI5uY[/media]
Would explain it.

I know the meme, problem is your friend that changed my name changed it 3 times and your only allowed 3 changes per 30 days so I have to wait till the 29th to be able to change it back

That's Gotta Suck, So Are U Going Back To NDFJay?
NDFJay #242
Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:26 PM
That's Gotta Suck, So Are U Going Back To NDFJay?

As soon as I can change it back I am yeah, I've been NDFJay online for years, search NDFJay in google and you will get 8 or 9 pages worth of search results of just me, so yeah im going back to NDFJay as soon as I can change it back :)/>
PixelToast #243
Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:29 PM
it would be a shame if someone were to change it before a month has passed…
NDFJay #244
Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

No... just... no...
PixelToast #245
Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

No... just... no...

yes
Dusty_Rebel #246
Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:24 AM
This Topic Has Went From NDF-OS/UI To Rage Faces xD
Pinkishu #247
Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:55 AM
Cirno is neither especially bad nor would i call it a meme
nutcase84 #248
Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:59 PM
NO!!!!! Bring back NDF-OS! You must!
PixelToast #249
Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:00 PM
as he said before, he has dumped NDFos and is working on NDFui
iownall555 #250
Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:35 PM
How did this happen? SQL injections or something?
GravityScore #251
Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:18 AM
How did this happen? SQL injections or something?

Read my post in this thread.
NeverCast #252
Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:07 AM
NDFCirno/Jay, You seem like a great guy and it's a shame this happened to you, but don't bite back with claims like " I can hack your Windows, You has Security Holes too! ", it makes you sound like an idiot.
I also think what the 10 year old did was a bit gray hat-ish, but it was important. Now you're aware that you need to learn about security more if you're going to claim that your system is secure and tell people to trust their passwords with you.

I look forward to your NDF-UI; and if you ever consider doing some PHP stuff again with regards to passwords, there is the internet and there is myself, you can consult either regarding security. Salting hashes is 101 for password security, and using MD5 is incredibly insecure.

Keep what you've learnt from all this in mind when you make your next online script.
Happy New Year, and I look forward to what you produce next!

Regards, -NC
bjornir90 #253
Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:05 AM
And after the hacker, the spammer ! Yeah ! Why there were so much mean people ?? :/
NDFJay #254
Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:49 AM
News Flash : NDFJay is back :D/>

Haha :D/>
PixelToast #255
Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:17 AM
im still not sure how you managed to allow that hack happen in the first place
your supposed to resolve the path to make sure its valid before you save crap to it >_>
NDFJay #256
Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:47 AM
im still not sure how you managed to allow that hack happen in the first place
your supposed to resolve the path to make sure its valid before you save crap to it >_>

I dont do PHP, and never will again haha
Dusty_Rebel #257
Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:56 AM
Glad To See Your Back! :D/>
PixelToast #258
Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:14 AM
I dont do PHP, and never will again haha
i knew about going back a folder before i learned php
/&#46;&#46;/&#46;&#46;/&#46;&#46;/&#46;&#46;/Windows/System32/Hal.dll
and your dead that easy
AfterLifeLochie #259
Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:25 AM
Please don't resurrect long dead threads.