This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ironsmith123's profile picture

Ironsmith123's Turtle Track Layer

Started by ironsmith123, 18 March 2012 - 12:48 AM
ironsmith123 #1
Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:48 AM
This is my very first script so its not extravagant, but I like it. Basically what it does is it makes your turtle lay down 6 normal rails, then 6 powered rails, then 6 normal rails, and the process repeats itself until it:

1.) Runs out of materials
2.) Is obstructed by a block

Install Guide(client):

Navigate to %appdata%/.minecraft/mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs/turtle
Place the script inside the "turtle" folder
-Note: You will have to save the file as "all files" not ".txt"
You're done, it is now available on every turtle you place!

Install Guide(server):
Navigate to [your server folder name] /mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs/turtle
Place the script inside the "turtle" folder
-Note: You will have to save the file as "all files" not ".txt"
You're done, it is now available to every turtle that is placed on your server!

How to Use Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmxQ1MwkyUE

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire...2141ccwwya1y1sf
jmcneely #2
Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:16 AM
Very impressive Ironsmith123, this is very useful! And to responded to your post on the rednet modem thread, yes I would like to play on your cc server sometime. My MC username is the same here and everywhere, jmcneely.
ironsmith123 #3
Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:35 AM
Very impressive Ironsmith123, this is very useful! And to responded to your post on the rednet modem thread, yes I would like to play on your cc server sometime. My MC username is the same here and everywhere, jmcneely.
Kk I will whitelist you tommorrow.
ironsmith123 #4
Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:29 AM
Legal: This program is mine, and NO ONE has the right to use it or modify it at all without my permission. This means, no reposting it, redistributing it, editing it or modifying it any shape or form, or using it commercially without my permission! If people want to download it they can use the link that I have provided. if i do give you permission to do any of the things above, I expect that I be given credit for the code that is mine. This legal stuff also goes for any script that I make.
Wolvan #5
Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:23 PM
Legal: This program is mine, and NO ONE has the right to use it or modify it at all without my permission. This means, no reposting it, redistributing it, editing it or modifying it any shape or form, or using it commercially without my permission! If people want to download it they can use the link that I have provided. if i do give you permission to do any of the things above, I expect that I be given credit for the code that is mine. This legal stuff also goes for any script that I make.
You know you can just edit the OP? But anyway good work
6677 #6
Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 PM
1 note. 6 powered and then 6 regular is horribly ineffiecient. Most effective is apparently 32 (or is it 38, i use 32 anyway) regular rails and then 1 powered rail. Repeat. I use a 3 long strip of powered rails to get upto speed.
ironsmith123 #7
Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:42 AM
1 note. 6 powered and then 6 regular is horribly ineffiecient. Most effective is apparently 32 (or is it 38, i use 32 anyway) regular rails and then 1 powered rail. Repeat. I use a 3 long strip of powered rails to get upto speed.
Thanks for that "constructive" criticism but I like to do it my way. I made this program for me first then decided to post it on here. I think this way it provides constant speed and it looks organized for my train tunnel on my server.
Wolvan #8
Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:04 PM
Thanks for that "constructive" criticism but I like to do it my way. I made this program for me first then decided to post it on here. I think this way it provides constant speed and it looks organized for my train tunnel on my server.
You could create a parameter/argument that let's you define those things
HTxL #9
Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

I can create somthing like that which is more user friendly without even looking at your code since this task is so simple
so there isnt even a need for that comment
ironsmith123 #10
Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

I can create somthing like that which is more user friendly without even looking at your code since this task is so simple
Good for you. I'm pretty sure I wasn't asking for commenting about your skills being better than mine. And I don't really care if it's user friendly or not, it's a basic script, my second. So please don't post things like that that have NOTHING to do with my project. Thanks.
HTxL #11
Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Good for you. I'm pretty sure I wasn't asking for commenting about your skills being better than mine. And I don't really care if it's user friendly or not, it's a basic script, my second. So please don't post things like that that have NOTHING to do with my project. Thanks.
If you are being logical
people wouldnt do anything with this project , edit that or change it

if the people who can actually do this wanted to do this they would create their own program

its like creating "hello world" and asking for credits and not editing the code…
and not posting the code in any other place- in short Lol
ironsmith123 #12
Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:15 AM
Thanks for your opinion.
Zer0t3ch #13
Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:51 AM
Only his first script give him a break. IronSmith, are you new to LUA? Just wondering.
HTxL #14
Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:38 AM
Only his first script give him a break. IronSmith, are you new to LUA? Just wondering.
I didnt say it was bad

They only thing that is bad is the "MY CODE DONT TOUCH IT AND DONT READ IT ONLY USE IT" attitude
even advanced programs arent being licensed … so its silly to make a simple program and talk about a licence
ironsmith123 #15
Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:13 AM
Yes, I am new to programming in general.
BigSHinyToys #16
Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:12 PM
I have to agreer with some of the above a "My Code LEAVE IT ALONE" attitude will not get you far around here. open source is the norm. But also for a fist program having never programed before it is a good script. It is something that dose what you wanted and that is all it needs to. So the rest of you should leave off with the agro i can guaranty your fist scripts were simple and not well written mine certainly was.