This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L)'s profile picture

Standalone

Started by FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L), 20 December 2012 - 07:44 AM
FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L) #1
Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:44 AM
a program to pass your computercraft ñua programs to a standalone java executable so you can run it without minecraft
jag #2
Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:53 AM
Not very descriptive…
But do you mean like so you can run your programs via a terminal?
Cranium #3
Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:03 AM
If you're talking about a ComputerCraft emulator, there already is one. Made by Tomass, there is one that you can download, and also a java applet version on AfterlifeLochie's website. Check the applet here: http://cc-emu.afterlifelochie.net/
Tiin57 #4
Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:53 PM
It is plausible but rather useless to try and port all the CCLua APIs over to Java, then create a Lua->Java parser. Anyways, what would you do with the MC-specific APIs, like rs, turtle, & peripheral?
AfterLifeLochie #5
Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:36 PM
The ability to turn Lua scripts into standalone Java programs (at last check) was being implemented (?) here, as well as the ability to use the desktop build of ComputerCraft Emulator, and the web build of the emulator. If you want a truly standalone application to run Lua scripts in, go and grab the Lua 5.1 binaries from the Lua homepage and run scripts in either iExecutor or use dofile() from the Luashell.

Also, moved to "General" - the Suggestions forum is for suggesting ideas for ComputerCraft itself - not external programs or products.