This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Learning_inpaired's profile picture

[UPDATE] Massive Project: builders, coders

Started by Learning_inpaired, 20 December 2012 - 02:35 PM
Learning_inpaired #1
Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:35 PM
As the post says im looking for Builders, coders, and people who understand RP2 (better then me)
and some redstone people as well.

There will be very little redstone i think. i have all ready started working on this, on my private whitelisted server. jsut looking for 4 more people who are willing to help you will be in creative mode, so no worrys about getting stuff. jsut to give you an idea of the size on the base Building.
multi floors, somewere up-words of 3050 chests (no joke) about 70 Reactors stacked (with cooling systems), mfsu's my thinking is that well need to make somewere around 400K EU/p at 512EU/t cant even tell you how many machines will be involved, and on top of that im thinking somewere along the lines of 10 computers and 4 fullsize screens….
Aslo for the coders i did enable the HTTP and extend the rednet range
dont want to give out to much detail,
I'll make a simple massive screen or 2 with a print thing in-game so u know whats going on.
but be warned this is a massive project

if you are willing to help out with this, reply to this post
IGN:
timezone:
Skill:

UPDATE!!!, ok so no helpers.. BUT that dont stop me! so i have 40 Reactors stacked running at full power, and at 60 Ticks thay have an output of 49,645 EU/t ill be useing MFSU's to mantain the remaning 350,355 EU/t but may need more reactors not shure yeat, well see.
Also, the screens are setup along with computers and sensors (still need coder)
Also the first 64 chests are setup with sensors and the sorter blocks are done.

UPDATE: ok added 64 more chests, and the matching sensors, and most of the MFSU's (took for ever to charge) i think ill be adding about 100 HV-pannels to help with charging. and also added 60 MFSUs so far.
Still looking for a coder for anyone who want to help, i did some testing with RP sorter, everythigs going to wok very nicely.
Learning_inpaired #2
Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:20 AM
look at above post for UPDATE!
Cranium #3
Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:41 AM
I'm assuming this is Tekkit?
If so, then I pass. Tekkit is laughingly outdated.
PixelToast #4
Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:51 AM
im going to see if it updated because of redpower o.O
Cranium #5
Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:59 AM
It's doubtful. They take a really long time to update. Although I have a feeling that Redpower was the one mod that held it back so far. It's such an integral part of Tekkit that they couldn't just remove it and update. Thank god it's updated now though…