This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
AndreWalia's profile picture

Turtle note-block support

Started by AndreWalia, 21 December 2012 - 10:22 AM
AndreWalia #1
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:22 AM
I think that turtles should be able to change note/play any note block. For example I made a small script that would arrange note blocks in a pattern and make a scale with the 25 notes

turtle.up()
for i = 0,24 do
   turtle.select(1)
   turtle.placeDown()
   for j = 1,i do
	  noteBlock.changeDown()
   end
   turtle.forward()
   turtle.forward()
end
OmegaVest #2
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:32 AM
Check out RichadG's Misc. Peripherals. It includes an Iron Note block, which can be attached to a turtle. Otherwise, use your turtle.place() functionality. (I think that works for changing the pitch)
AndreWalia #3
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:41 AM
Check out RichadG's Misc. Peripherals. It includes an Iron Note block, which can be attached to a turtle. Otherwise, use your turtle.place() functionality. (I think that works for changing the pitch)
i have tried it. Besides i think its stupid that we would need a peripheral to change a note. Why not add it the the default?
Cranium #4
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:48 AM
Using MysticT's noteblock api in conjunction with redpower allows you to play noteblocks.
AndreWalia #5
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:50 AM
I don't want a peripheral i want it to be default!
Cranium #6
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:55 AM
It's not a peripheral. It requires another mod, which is unfortunately still on 1.2.5 MC, but it would allow you to play every note, once set up. It allows you to play songs from Noteblock Studio format as well.
theoriginalbit #7
Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:06 PM
I don't want a peripheral i want it to be default!

Your sounding very demanding right now. If people are telling you of a solution that is already implemented that accept it. And I personally prefer the iron block in misc peripherals because you can then have your turtle do it all without having to move.