This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
fusiomax's profile picture

ComputerCraft and the RP2 Sortron?

Started by fusiomax, 22 December 2012 - 09:12 PM
fusiomax #1
Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:12 PM
So I was wondering if there is anyway to connect a CC computer and the RP2 Sortron, or if this is something that might be an upcoming API, or should I just suck it up and learn forth?

Also what do you guys think of the Sortron in general?
Sammich Lord #2
Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:50 PM
I highly doubt that there will ever be a API for the Sortron. You may be able to do something with bundled cables to control it though. Have a script in FORTH that waits for bundled cable input then just does certain commands depending on the input.
Sebra #3
Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:11 PM
Learn forth or use sorting peripherals already present.
Mikeemoo #4
Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Pointless post - didn't answer his question at all, or even attempt to answer his question.
fusiomax #5
Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:53 AM
I highly doubt that there will ever be a API for the Sortron. You may be able to do something with bundled cables to control it though. Have a script in FORTH that waits for bundled cable input then just does certain commands depending on the input.

I figured it would be quite unlikely. Do you mean CC computer feeds into bundled cables, RP2 computer reads bundled cable input and interprets them to activate the sortron?

What sorting peripherals?
TehSomeLuigi #6
Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:28 AM
If someone made a Redbus controller it would maybe be possible, but RP2 is closed-source and has no API yadayadayada.
Mailmanq! #7
Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:45 AM
I don't know if it will, I think it was a good idea for Eloraam to allow the bundled cable thing, but I think she should leave the Sortron Forth on just so people have to learn something new, and make their own. I always loved the idea of mixing CC computers and RP2 computers so you can have a pretty control on the CC computer and have the Sortron worked by the RP2 one. I think Eloraam wants you use here computers and make your own programs, or just use managers.
PixelToast #8
Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:51 AM
im going to make a sort of rednet for the io expander
that way you can send commands over it
and hopefully be able to control le sortron
it will be slow though .-.
Sebra #9
Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:18 PM
Pointless post - didn't answer his question at all, or even attempt to answer his question.
He asked should he "just suck it up and learn forth?". I answered.
I even mention sorting options for CC available now.
It's you, who made pointless post.
I figured it would be quite unlikely. Do you mean CC computer feeds into bundled cables, RP2 computer reads bundled cable input and interprets them to activate the sortron?
What sorting peripherals?
To use Sortron you still need to program RP2 Computer on forth.
ARP still outdated now.
Interactive Sorter should be able to use
Search better. ;)/>