This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Mads's profile picture

Imagine...

Started by Mads, 23 December 2012 - 11:02 PM
Mads #1
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:02 AM
Imagine, if we could see the source-code of The Matrix. How awesome would that be? What language? What structure, etc.?

Think about it!
KaoS #2
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:05 AM
if such a source code existed it would be fascinating and confusing as heck… too bad the matrix has no code as it is fictional
Mads #3
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:10 AM
Yeah. I would like to see it if it existed, though.
Kingdaro #4
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:21 AM
It would probably be coded in a future language which allows you to shorten hundreds of lines in other languages somehow.

Or perhaps, in the future, they write programs in English.
KaoS #5
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:23 AM
well they are developing systems that you can talk to verbally and teach. perhaps someone took a basic engine and kept teaching it for a long time
Cloudy #6
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:26 AM
Why would machines write code in a human readable language? It would be raw machine code.
KaoS #7
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:30 AM
well technically speaking they were created by humans so they would use whatever language they were written in unless they were taught to raw code
Cloudy #8
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:32 AM
If the machines were smart enough to get artificial intellegant then of course they'd know how to write in machine code. A human readable language would hold a computer back too much.
KaoS #9
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:38 AM
but they didn't get artificial intelligence, it was programmed into them. Morpheus (I am not sure of the spelling) was going on about how they marveled at the brilliance of their own creation etc until someone struck first, scorching of skies etc… all created by humans
Leo Verto #10
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:54 AM
Doesn't Neo meet the creator of the Matrix one day?
As of that flowing text you can sometimes see, they used a mixture of Alphanumerical and some strange letters.
KaoS #11
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:00 AM
nope, he meets the opposite of the oracle. the oracle is a part of the matrix designed to create chaos, the character Neo meets is a program that oversees the matrix and attempts to stop the oracle, he is designed to create order
Leo Verto #12
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:04 AM
nope, he meets the opposite of the oracle. the oracle is a part of the matrix designed to create chaos, the character Neo meets is a program that oversees the matrix and attempts to stop the oracle, he is designed to create order
Guess I should quit this thread before watching all of the movies. -.-
KaoS #13
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:09 AM
lol I think we have kinda hijacked mad's thread (sorry man)… I just have a good memory for games and movies is all :)/> perhaps we should revert to the original direction of the thread and agree that regardless of the form the code would be fascinating to see
BigSHinyToys #14
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:12 AM
I thought the matrix was the glyphs on the screens the raw matrix unable to be decoded into pictures and the operators were able to pick up patterns in that code that told them about what was going on ergo that is the matrix code or at least part of it.
KaoS #15
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:17 AM
I think that is the real-time contents of the matrix, the code used to create that would be ridiculous :)/> its like a .doc file versus MS office
BigSHinyToys #16
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:21 AM
well in that case it would be raw data from a VRAM of some kind showing an image in atom accurate 3D ?? would the data in the VRAM not be the same as the data type used in the matrix its self how says it is base 2 using binary maybe those are its base characters ??
KaoS #17
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:29 AM
that could be the case…. I just find it hard to believe any concrete scenario when the entire idea was a work of fiction, it doesn't even have to be logical… rather it must amuse. if every atom was recorded there it would be nigh impossible to read

just watching the movie you hear things like "broadcast our pirate signal" etc… when I watched the movie I was too ignorant to be offended by this but thinking back quite a few things make no sense
Mads #18
Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:42 AM
Some quotes from the movie tells us, that The Matrix can somehow edit itself. You can do that with raw machinecode(binary instructions, which are fed into the instruction buffer) and Assembly and other really low-level languages, but it is really hard to do with the higher-level languages like C, C++, PASCAL, BASIC etc.

Still, I imagine that The Matrix is written in C++ - I have probably been programming a bit too much lately :)/>
PixelToast #19
Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:25 AM
it would work alot like my skynet
basically a self replicating seed fitting itself to different functions
in this case destroying the world if gangnam dosent reach 1 bil
it isnt necicarily written in a programming language
though it can write itself in that language to spread
Cranium #20
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:48 AM
I think that the matrix wouldn't be much in terms of programming. It would really be a basic framework for the general physics of the world. As was said in the movie, most of what they see is generated by their own minds. So I think that the actual 'code' they are seeing on the monitors is the raw output of the brain's translation of the matrix.
The only reason I believe the machines did not want people out of the matrix, was because they would be able to see the real world, and on some level or another, begin to cause decay upon the framework that the machines created.
I don't think that the machines do much of the work except taking care of the human 'batteries/processors'.
Xtansia #21
Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:30 AM
Pffft it's Brainf*ck obviously.
PixelToast #22
Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:41 PM
Pffft it's Brainf*ck obviously.
not sure how you can write a supervirus with brainfck .-.
Cranium #23
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:53 PM
You can make BrainRape. No consent code = rape for computers.
PixelToast #24
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:58 PM
You can make BrainRape. No consent code = rape for computers.
im not sure if you got the reference
brainfuck is a esotaric programming language
.-.
Cranium #25
Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:28 PM
Oh, I know what brainfuck is. I was trying to make a joke. You didn't get it apparently.
Mandrake Fernflower #26
Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:30 PM
I have a toy vm I play with in my head. Its all asm and C

it would work alot like my skynet
basically a self replicating seed fitting itself to different functions
in this case destroying the world if gangnam dosent reach 1 bil
it isnt necicarily written in a programming language
though it can write itself in that language to spread

Hey rember the other matrix… The one in python :D/>
PixelToast #27
Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:49 PM
i thaught it was fiber bundles .-.