This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Isaac_256's profile picture

iPhone app to make turtle programs

Started by Isaac_256, 24 December 2012 - 08:11 PM
Isaac_256 #1
Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:11 PM
There are times where I have wanted to test out some programs on my iPod while using the Lua programming app but I am not able to test out the turtle's functions because it is not implemented on the app.
Now you might think to yourself "Here is a solution, just log in minecraft and test your programs there!". The thing is that I don't have a lot of time because my computer is shared around the house.
Perhaps making an iPhone app that let's us create and run programs as if we were on the computer could be a valuable thing to us user who don't have a lot of time on the computer.
This could also give an opportunity to other users who are trying to learn how to program turtles to play around with the commands and such to become more familiarized with them on their time when they do not have access to their PCs.
Hopefully this isn't such a bad idea xD
Thanks for having the time to read this :D/>
Isaac_256 #2
Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:13 PM
Please notify me if I have posted this in the wrong place. Thank you
Cloudy #3
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:18 PM
I'd like to - but no dev license, and no mac.
Cranium #4
Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:55 AM
Plus, you can already write pure Lua programs with some Lua interpreters already available through Apple. I don't know what they are called, but they are pretty robust from what I hear.
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #5
Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:26 AM
This could be implemented (not just for iOS, but any browser) with a web-based JavaScript Lua interpreter. Like ajaxterm… But client-side…. And running some crazy lua programs.
Tiin57 #6
Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:33 AM
This could be implemented (not just for iOS, but any browser) with a web-based JavaScript Lua interpreter. Like ajaxterm… But client-side…. And running some crazy lua programs.
:/
Not Javascript, but here;
http://cc-emu.afterlifelochie.net
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #7
Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:35 AM
:/
Not Javascript, but here;
http://cc-emu.afterlifelochie.net
I was going to suggest that, but iOS doesn't run Java.
1vannn #8
Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:30 PM
There is a Lua app for the iPhone that's called TouchLua, it's free. :)/> No CC though! :(/>
AfterLifeLochie #9
Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:43 PM
Locked to prevent further necromancy.