This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
AfterLifeLochie's profile picture

ComputerCraft Wiki blocks + keyboard rendering

Started by AfterLifeLochie, 28 December 2012 - 07:54 PM
AfterLifeLochie #1
Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:54 PM
So if you've not seen the Wiki recently (you should be disappointed with yourself. :P/>), you may have noticed some of the replacement high-ish definition Dimetric-renders of most of the blocks in ComputerCraft - Computer, Advanced Computer, Monitor, Advanced Monitor, Disk Drive & Printer (image links). I also put together a portable image-format keyboard of all keys and their associated key codes in ComputerCraft.

Most of the rendering done above is done in Java - for dimetric rendering - and PHP for keyboard rendering (personal preference). I've thrown the code on Github here if anyone's interested in reading some pretty, err, messy code and learning a little about LWJGL/rendering methods/etc. I would have included the images here, but they'd distort the page pretty nicely.

(Next project: turtle rendering, woo!)
Cranium #2
Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:20 AM
That's some pretty sexy rendering!
KillaVanilla #3
Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:31 PM
Oooo, pretty.
I've bookmarked the keyboard code reference, just in case (I can use the keys API, but in case I can't…).
AfterLifeLochie #4
Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:33 PM
Oooo, pretty.
I've bookmarked the keyboard code reference, just in case (I can use the keys API, but in case I can't…).
As it's an image, you can actually download it and print/save it for future (portable) reference - which I personally find ultra-handy. :P/>
Eric #5
Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:38 PM
Do we need the image if we have an html form?
Cranium #6
Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:30 AM
Do we need the image if we have an html form?
Actually, that one is out of date. It seems that the numberpad enter key returns '28' instead of '156'. THis is apparently a bug in LWJGL.
KaoS #7
Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:24 AM
aren't some of the keys filtered out in CC though (escape, tab etc)? perhaps you could make a note of that
AfterLifeLochie #8
Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:58 AM
aren't some of the keys filtered out in CC though (escape, tab etc)? perhaps you could make a note of that
Indeed they are - I'll incorporate that into the next update.
KaoS #9
Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:31 AM
Indeed they are - I'll incorporate that into the next update.

much appreciated
knoxy5467 #10
Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:20 AM
these look nice