This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MudkipTheEpic's profile picture

Disk Transfer 1.0 - Moves all of your files to a disk!

Started by MudkipTheEpic, 30 December 2012 - 09:43 AM
MudkipTheEpic #1
Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:43 AM
Backstory:

Hello all! I was messing around with some of the default rom programs, and I stumbled across list. As I examined "rom/programs/list", I was thinking, "How do they list all of the files?". Well I read on, figured out how, and made this.

Disk Transfer 1.0

Disk Transfer 1.0 is a program that allows you to move your WHOLE computer onto a disk.

How It Works:

Disk Transfer 1.0 moves all of your computer's files into a folder on your disk called, "comp154(or whatever the ID of your computer is), safely and securely. No matter if that file is daisy-chained in 5891 different directories, EVERY SINGLE ONE (until disk space runs out) OF THEM WILL BE ON YOUR DISK.

Warning: Disk Transfer 1.0 MOVES every folder, not just COPIES it.

Download:

Enable HTTP api(read my other program's post for this, FakeConsole), then type the following into the terminal.

pastebin get ku4Dj2xb disk/whateveryouwanttocallit

As always, constructive criticism is welcome!

Thanks, Mudkip
naxyr #2
Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:36 PM
I'm still relatively new at this, but is there a way to make that disc we have just made hypothetically and dump all of it's contents onto a recipient machine? As opposed to my current methods of externally copying
MudkipTheEpic #3
Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:30 AM
I'm still relatively new at this, but is there a way to make that disc we have just made hypothetically and dump all of it's contents onto a recipient machine? As opposed to my current methods of externally copying
Yes, I just posted a restore function on paste bin. Here's the link:
http://pastebin.com/nxcXpUaE
Download in your computer with:
pastebin get nxcXpUaE disk/restore

Glad to help!
Thanks,
Mudkip