This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sirharry0077's profile picture

CraftOS+ | A Simple Client/Server Networking OS

Started by Sirharry0077, 01 January 2013 - 10:06 AM
Sirharry0077 #1
Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:06 AM
CraftOS+ 6.0

A Simple Client/Server Networking OS For Computercraft

Features:
  • Simple setup.
  • Client/Server communication.
  • Ability to upload and download files to and from the server.
  • Network admin list that allows only certain computer IDs to perform some actions.
  • Admin authentication.
  • A client lock screen with username and password.
  • Server password protection.
  • Simple system for adding protocols to the server for when it receives a message.
  • Auto client software updating from Github.
Pictures:
Spoiler

Change Log:

• Added Firewolf
  • Github auto updater and easier install.
  • Added Encryption of Password
  • Added Encryption program for encrypting.
  • Numerous Bug Fixes
[indent=1]5.0[/indent]
  • First public beta release.
Advanced Server Features:
Spoiler
  • You can add more admins to the admin list by editing "bin/admins". Each ID needs to be on a separate line.
  • Any file in the code directory of the server can be run by sending the server a rednet message that is the same as the name of the file. With that protocol you can create your own server operations and customize it for your needs.
  • Admin Authentication: A program, like the one described above, can call on the file "programs/auth". The program will then read the variable id and check to see if it is on the admin list. If it is authenticated then the variable auth will equal "true" or else it will equal "false".
  • (Note: In the code you need the "" around true or false. It is a string, which is unlike normal bolean where you don't need the "")

Advanced Client Features:
Spoiler
  • Any client program can call on the variable "serverid", which is equal to the server ID which the computer is configured to use. The variable should already be a number and does not need to be set to a number to be used in rednet messages.
  • You can encrypt any file with the command "encrypt" and decrypt it with "decrypt".

Download Links:
All links are for Pastebin.com. Notice that all programs require the HTTP API to be enabled.

Client: X3YTcHvR
Server: X26uiGqV
Mandrake Fernflower #2
Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:20 PM
Looks nice. Its like the early days of unix. But I would include FireWolf in an update. No networking kit is complete without it
GravityScore #3
Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:44 AM
Looks nice. Its like the early days of unix. But I would include FireWolf in an update. No networking kit is complete without it

Thanks for the kind words :D/>

Sirharry, feel free to include it.
todry #4
Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:22 PM
I found a bug if I stop the server from an admin, then do reboot on the server the client computer says no server but still work. so in short stop server then reboot = error

EDIT have to reboot client then it's good
Edited on 04 January 2013 - 09:40 AM
Sirharry0077 #5
Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the kind words :D/>

Sirharry, feel free to include it.

Thx, I have just been testing firewolf. It is a great program.
Sirharry0077 #6
Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:49 AM
I found a bug if I stop the server from an admin, then do reboot on the server the client computer says no server but still work. so in short stop server then reboot = error

EDIT have to reboot client then it's good
Thx, I will look into this.
Leo Verto #7
Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:32 PM
Do you mind explaining what makes this program an OS?
As far as I see, it's just a server/client system running on CraftOS.
I suggest renaming it, otherwise it me considered "yet another OS" but it seems to have some nice server features.
todry #8
Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:45 PM
@ Leo Verto it's an OS because it adds programs and a client server file system.

@ sirharry0077 the bug appears to be only visual and could you add help <program> files for things like upload

EDIT bug exit is the same as shutdown
Edited on 05 January 2013 - 07:13 PM
Sirharry0077 #9
Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:19 AM
Do you mind explaining what makes this program an OS?
As far as I see, it's just a server/client system running on CraftOS.
I suggest renaming it, otherwise it me considered "yet another OS" but it seems to have some nice server features.
Please look at the quote bellow.

@ Leo Verto it's an OS because it adds programs and a client server file system.

@ sirharry0077 the bug appears to be only visual and could you add help <program> files for things like upload

EDIT bug exit is the same as shutdown
What do you mean by "bug exit is the same as shutdown"?
Hydralisk1994 #10
Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:29 AM
i think he means there is a bug that makes the command "exit" shutdown the server or computer.
todry #11
Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:32 AM
I though exit would be like a logoff or restart not shutdown.
Sirharry0077 #12
Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:59 AM
Go back and check if something else gave you a file name exit. CraftOS+ adds no program called exit. Check the Github repository if you want to double check.
todry #13
Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:03 AM
Ok I will.
todry #14
Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:36 PM
Ok I checked my files and it was not a program from this. But I would like to suggest open terms without a password and an event when esc is pressed that locks the commputer.
Sirharry0077 #15
Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:19 PM
Ok I checked my files and it was not a program from this. But I would like to suggest open terms without a password and an event when esc is pressed that locks the commputer.

That is a good idea. I will consider adding both of those things in the next update.
Sirharry0077 #16
Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:35 PM
It is finally here! CraftOS+ 6.0!
  • Added Firewolf
  • Github auto updater and easier install.
  • Added Encryption of Password
  • Added Encryption program for encrypting.
  • Numerous Bug Fixes