This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Xtansia's profile picture

Tomass1996's Encoding/decoding Programs (Rot47 | Base64)

Started by Xtansia, 28 January 2012 - 08:34 AM
Xtansia #1
Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:34 AM
Rot47 Program
SpoilerHere's a wee Rot47 encoder e.g. Rotate47.
It can handle both files and plain strings.
Usage: Rot47 <-f:-s> <filename:string>
Where -f = file and -s = string.
When encoding a string of more than one word make sure to put it in "Double Quotes"
The encoded file will be written to FileName.rot47
To decode your encoded string or file just pass it back through the encoder.
If the file you are decoding has a .rot47 ext the decoded file will be written to FileName.rerot47
Just download the attached file extract the .lua file from the zip.
[attachment=2:Rot47.zip]
You can remove the .lua ext if you want.
And then place in your
.minecraft/saves/YourSave/computers/#/ 
directory.

Example Output:
Run the command:
Rot47 -s "I'm an awesome rot47 encoder written by tomass1996"
Outputs:
String: I'm an awesome rot47 encoder written by tomass1996 | Encoded: xV> 2? 2H6D@>6 C@Ecf 6?4@56C HC:EE6? 3J E@>2DD`hhe
And then running:
Rot47 -s "xV> 2? 2H6D@>6 C@Ecf 6?4@56C HC:EE6? 3J E@>2DD`hhe"
Outputs:
String: xV> 2? 2H6D@>6 C@Ecf 6?4@56C HC:EE6? 3J E@>2DD`hhe | Encoded: I'm an awesome rot47 encoder written by tomass1996

Hope you have fun :P/>/>

Here have a crappy youtube video:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDpoKL8tCXo[/media]

Base64 Program
SpoilerHere's a wee Base64 encoder &amp; decoder.
It can handle both files and plain strings.
Usage: Base64 <-e:-d> <-f:-s> <filename:string>
Where -e = Encode and -d = Decode.
Where -f = File and -s = String.
When encoding a string of more than one word make sure to put it in "Double Quotes"
The encoded file will be written to FileName.b64
To decode your encoded string or file just pass it back through the program with the -d option.
The decoded file will be written to FileName.DECb64
Just download the attached file extract the .lua file from the zip.
[attachment=3:Base64.zip]
You can remove the .lua ext if you want.
And then place in your
.minecraft/saves/YourSave/computers/#/ 
directory.

Example Output:
Run the command:
Base64 -e -s "I'm an awesome Base64 encoder written by tomass1996"
Outputs:
Original: I'm an awesome Base64 encoder written by tomass1996 | Encoded: SSdtIGFuIGF3ZXNvbWUgQmFzZTY0IGVuY29kZXIgd3JpdHRlbiBieSB0b21hc3MxOTk2
And then running:
Base64 -d -s "SSdtIGFuIGF3ZXNvbWUgQmFzZTY0IGVuY29kZXIgd3JpdHRlbiBieSB0b21hc3MxOTk2"
Outputs:
Original: SSdtIGFuIGF3ZXNvbWUgQmFzZTY0IGVuY29kZXIgd3JpdHRlbiBieSB0b21hc3MxOTk2 | Encoded: I'm an awesome Base64 encoder written by tomass1996

Hope you have fun :P/>/>

License
SpoilerCopyright © 2012 Thomas Farr a.k.a tomass1996 [farr.thomas@gmail.com]

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and
associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction,
including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so,
subject to the following conditions:

-The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
-Visible credit is given to the original author.
-The software is distributed in a non-profit way.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR
COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Xtansia #2
Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:44 AM
Added A Crappy Video :P/>/>
Cookiebal #3
Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:07 PM
This looks pretty interesting!
Kaleb702 #4
Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:26 PM
So basically, it stops SMP computercraft hacking, or SSP adventure map hacking.
Sounds good.
Xtansia #5
Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:52 PM
So basically, it stops SMP computercraft hacking, or SSP adventure map hacking.
Sounds good.

Not really as anybody that recognizes that it is rot47 they can easily get the original back but someone that just sees the jumbled mess they'll probably be discouraged.
Xtansia #6
Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:21 AM
Just added a Base64 encoder/decoder
FuzzyPurp #7
Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:26 AM
Just added a Base64 encoder/decoder

Sweet, i'll check that for updating too ;)/>/>
Kaleb702 #8
Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:03 AM
Waaaaait. What if, you like, took the rot47 and base64 programs, and used them in succession on a program, over and over again, until only -you- know the order it was encrypted?
Xtansia #9
Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:58 AM
Waaaaait. What if, you like, took the rot47 and base64 programs, and used them in succession on a program, over and over again, until only -you- know the order it was encrypted?

Firstly, You would want to not use the rot47 in succession(twice in a row) as that would be pointless.
Secondly, You would have a jumbled mess that if you kept track of the order correctly, You should be able to de-jumble it.
Benni1000 #10
Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:19 AM
Hey, under which license is the base64 encoder/decoder?
Am i allowed to use parts of it in my program with a link to this Thread?
Xtansia #11
Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:40 AM
Yep,

License:
SpoilerCopyright © 2012 Thomas Farr a.k.a tomass1996 [farr.thomas@gmail.com]

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and
associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction,
including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so,
subject to the following conditions:

-The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
-Visible credit is given to the original author.
-The software is distributed in a non-profit way.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR
COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
mibac138 #12
Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:10 AM
Can use this like API? It will be nice if yes :)/>
NeverCast #13
Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:19 AM
Very nice Tomass, Will be bookmarking this!
Did you take a look at my RC4? :3