This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
blairjam's profile picture

[1.481][SMP] Shift Click with Disk Drive

Started by blairjam, 03 January 2013 - 02:11 PM
blairjam #1
Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:11 PM
Ok, I'm trying to shift right click my floppy into the disk drive, but it isn't working. Has anyone else had this problem? I know it worked in the previous version for me, but it isn't this time.
Kingdaro #2
Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:39 AM
Yeah, I'm guessing this is caused by how mojang added the ability to shift click and place blocks on anything, but I could be wrong.
UltraHex #3
Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:54 PM
I'm also having this problem in SSP.(FTB-Direwolf20 pack)

I would prefer it if you could just normal right-click with a disk to insert it, and right-clicking without a disk would open the GUI. This would most likely work better because, as Kingdaro pointed out, onBlockActivated doesn't seem to get called while sneaking anymore.

EDIT: I've discovered that IC2 crops and Mystcraft bookstands will react to a right-click while sneaking but ONLY with an empty hand.
Kingdaro #4
Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:09 AM
I would prefer it if you could just normal right-click with a disk to insert it, and right-clicking without a disk would open the GUI. This would most likely work better because, as Kingdaro pointed out, onBlockActivated doesn't seem to get called while sneaking anymore.

That would be amazing. I miss the shift-rightclick :C
Cloudy #5
Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:12 AM
Will look into fixing - I think forge added something to allow you to pass the item use through, even when shift clicking.

Aaaand just like that, it is fixed.
KaoS #6
Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:54 AM
I hate how mojang did it. some mods implemented the shift+right click thing and it worked fine but mojang screwed it up… if you are in the air it does not work (jumping or flying) and in the process they broke quite a few creative mode things as well. certain blocks do not break if you are flying etc etc. oh the disappointment
Cloudy #7
Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:02 AM
I personally don't have any problem with what Mojang did - mods were already implementing that behavior in their own blocks, makes sense to put it in the vanilla game.
KaoS #8
Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:28 AM
I agree with you there. it should be implemented, but it was not implemented correctly. either that or the mods I am using break it
UltraHex #9
Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:40 AM
Aaaand just like that, it is fixed.

Awesome! when and where can I download the update?
BigSHinyToys #10
Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:23 AM
Awesome! when and where can I download the update?
My guess would be that this will be in the next release. CC seams to update with new functionality or Minecraft ver so this being a minor inconvenience It will probable be in the next "scheduled" release.
UltraHex #11
Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:47 AM
My guess would be that this will be in the next release. CC seams to update with new functionality or Minecraft ver so this being a minor inconvenience It will probable be in the next "scheduled" release.

sad face :(/>
UltraHex #12
Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:39 PM
Wow. I just spent two days editing java bytecode to get this to work. perseverance FTW!
Cloudy #13
Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:29 PM
Shame there's a beta release making your work pointless.
KaoS #14
Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:28 AM
hahaha Cloudy you are so cruel
UltraHex #15
Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:09 PM
Shame there's a beta release making your work pointless.
hahaha Cloudy you are so cruel

LOLZ!

EDIT: Besides, it was a great learning experience. I mean, how many people know freakin' bytecode!?