This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
GhostShadow's profile picture

Some Wild Suggestions

Started by GhostShadow, 03 January 2013 - 06:31 PM
GhostShadow #1
Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:31 PM
1) Cyborgs: Right click any vanila entity(pig/cow) with mind control helmet and you can use it like a turtle.
2) Bigger robots: Mechs and Walkers for starters. Turtles with legs and hands.
3) Micro entities(Sub Blocks): Small nanobot like turtles which will behave like…errr… nanobots. :P/>
4) Assembly Lines: Just like in car factories for manufacturing the bigger turtles.
5) GL Support: So that people can recreate (at least) classic minecraft or minecraft4k inside one of the computers.
6) Hostile entities: Skynet reborn! :D/> (Say: Hostile nanobots will eat up your farm etc)
7) Hyper RedNet Support: Rednet across worlds. Say my Computer in singleplayer will be able to communicate with a computer in multiplayer which is on a different server.
8) Talking turtles(With each other): Turtles/computers standing adjacent will be able to send or receive messages without rednet.
9) Rocket turtles: Faster than regular turtles.
10) Computers will shortcircuit when exposed to water: Buzzzt!
Lyqyd #2
Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:54 PM
Eight is already apparently sort of possible, in that queueEvent is supposedly exposed as a peripheral method.
GhostShadow #3
Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:26 PM
Eight is already apparently sort of possible, in that queueEvent is supposedly exposed as a peripheral method.
Never seen it before. Any sample program to illustrate, please?
Cloudy #4
Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:22 AM
No to every suggestion. And it isn't possible from Lua - and you'd have to code a peripheral to do it which goes on both turtles.
GhostShadow #5
Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:23 AM
Ah, thanks anyways.
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:34 AM
No to every suggestion. And it isn't possible from Lua - and you'd have to code a peripheral to do it which goes on both turtles.

Technically isn't 9 just the new turtle mode in the new one?
Cloudy #7
Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Technically isn't 9 just the new turtle mode in the new one?

The mode that never made it to release?
Lyqyd #8
Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Someone's been lying to me in IRC, then! Gonna have to track 'em down. It seemed… highly unusual that that would be exposed.
GhostShadow #9
Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Someone's been lying to me in IRC, then! Gonna have to track 'em down. It seemed… highly unusual that that would be exposed.
???
Zoinky #10
Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

???
Let me clarify.
Crap, Cloudy's here. Play it cool, play it cool. Time for the old switcheroo.
Just joking. Don't hurt me Lyqyd! Please D:

EDIT: Btw, what's up with Cloudy's quote? TheOriginalBIT's name turned out a little weird. Oh yeah, is this necroposting? Not sure. Sorry if it is. :S
theoriginalbit #11
Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:33 AM
EDIT: Btw, what's up with Cloudy's quote? TheOriginalBIT's name turned out a little weird…

I was on holidays so my username was TheOriginalBIT (OnHolidays) and it looks to me like the quote tag might accept the char ( and ) instead of its code…
Lyqyd #12
Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

???
Let me clarify.
Crap, Cloudy's here. Play it cool, play it cool. Time for the old switcheroo.
Just joking. Don't hurt me Lyqyd! Please D:

EDIT: Btw, what's up with Cloudy's quote? TheOriginalBIT's name turned out a little weird. Oh yeah, is this necroposting? Not sure. Sorry if it is. :S

;)/>