This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
thislooksfun's profile picture

[WIP] [CC 1.48] tlfOS [BETA]

Started by thislooksfun, 04 January 2013 - 03:34 PM
thislooksfun #1
Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:34 PM
Hello and welcome to

tlfOS

MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON

(It's late, and I'm a bit tired, so more will be posted later [also I am getting bored of typing.] Feel free to post any questions you may have. I will do my best to answer them.)

About:

[left]For a while now I have been writing an OS, and I think it is ready for public testing. Anyone is free to try it out, but be warned; it might not be completely stable yet, hence the wip and beta tags.[/left]

Programs:

[left]More coming soon![/left]

APIs:

[left]tlfOS adds a few APIs for coders looking to write programs that are used throughout the OS, and also provide hooks for other coders to build off of.[/left]
[left]The current APIs are:[/left]
[left]network[/left]
[left]
SpoilerThe network API contains the following functions:[/left]
[left]download([pastebin code], [filename])[/left]
[left]
SpoilerAlmost the same thing as the pastebin program, this will return true if the download was successful, and false plus the error if it was not.
[/left]
[left]
[/left]
[left]screen[/left]
[left]
SpoilerThe screen API contains the following functions:[/left]
[left]clear([boolean], [boolean], [string])[/left]
[left]
[/left]
[left]security[/left]
[left]
SpoilerThe security API contains the following functions:
[/left]
[left]text[/left]
[left]
SpoilerThe text API contains the following functions:
[/left]

Users:

[left]More coming soon![/left]

Download:

[left]Run: pastebin get GXw9ng5r installer[/left]

Videos:

[left]
SpoilerNo videos available, if you make one, please send it to me!
[/left]

New Features:

[left]I am open to suggestions on new features and APIs/functions. If you have something you would like to see, post it here, or send me a PM.[/left]

Bug Reporting:

[left]If you wish to report a bug you need to post a screenshot of the error message or copy the text into your post. If you don't give me an error, I can't fix it.[/left]

Copyright:

[left]I am fine with anyone using any of my code in their own programs. If you remember to give me credit, that's great. If not, well, that's fine too.[/left]

Changelog:

[left]
SpoilerWill be here soon!
[/left]
Dlcruz129 #2
Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:46 PM
WIP programs are allowed, but you must have some sort of code in your posts. (Pastebin links count)

So you're fine.
remiX #3
Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:46 PM
Line 56, of &SYS&tlf/apis/screen is missing an ) at the end btw :)/>

Pretty cool :P/> I'd guess you made this in tekkit

I like how you have done the scroll for the programs/folders, stays in the middle while going down or up
thislooksfun #4
Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:28 AM
Line 56, of &SYS&tlf/apis/screen is missing an ) at the end btw :)/>

Oops, I will fix that as soon as I can. :/
EDIT: Fixed! How did I miss that? (That's what I get for not fully testing my code before uploading it.) :/

Pretty cool :P/> I'd guess you made this in tekkit

I like how you have done the scroll for the programs/folders, stays in the middle while going down or up

I made this in FTB actually, and thanks! That scrolling mechanic took a while to get right. :)/>/>
Do you have anything you would like to see? I am currently trying to put a file menu in place (delete, create new, edit, ect.)
Thank you for trying it out!
-tlf
thislooksfun #5
Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:07 PM
WIP programs are allowed, but you must have some sort of code in your posts. (Pastebin links count)

So you're fine.

Thanks! I wasn't sure after what I read. :)/>
pielover88888 #6
Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:01 PM
Nice! Out of the many non-colory gui's, this surely is the best :D/> and the OS itself is quite nice, too.

EDIT: I have an idea about the ""'s that display to show where you are.. maybe when it's just "" it could show "/", "root folder" or similar?

edit 2: err, upon restarting after i installed it, the startup program throws the error: security:29: Expected string
missing ' 's or " 's?
Edited on 07 January 2013 - 12:04 PM
thislooksfun #7
Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:35 AM
Nice! Out of the many non-colory gui's, this surely is the best :D/>/> and the OS itself is quite nice, too.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have an idea about the ""'s that display to show where you are.. maybe when it's just "" it could show "/", "root folder" or similar?

Sure, I'll do that (if I remember :P/>/>).

edit 2: err, upon restarting after i installed it, the startup program throws the error: security:29: Expected string
missing ' 's or " 's?

Yeah, thats the bug I was talking about in the download section. I will get that fixed ASAP, but it might be a little while, as I am busy for much of today.