This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
todry's profile picture

[OFF TOPIC] user Google

Started by todry, 05 January 2013 - 05:02 PM
todry #1
Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:02 PM
Why does the forum say that an online user is Google does someone actually have that username or is it something random?
AndreWalia #2
Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:10 PM
I've seen that also
Dlcruz129 #3
Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:26 PM
Google is a bot (used by Google). It makes sure these forums appear on Google.
todry #4
Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:56 PM
Cool thanks

P.S. how goes the OS?
Dlcruz129 #5
Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:12 PM
Cool thanks

P.S. how goes the OS?

No problem

Meh, not good. We've had like no people helping and I'm pretty (absolutely) pissed at mk.
KaoS #6
Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:33 AM
how goes the OS?
Meh, not good. We've had like no people helping and I'm pretty (absolutely) pissed at mk.

Well I'm a bored kinda guy when I'm fending off my NS2 addiction, I'd be happy to help if you could get me up to speed. PS I took a look at the forum post linked in your sig:

1: the post is locked so I cannot help there
2: why the iframe in the IRC link? you could atleast add a style property to the body tag removing the white border. looks like you are just hosting it to get Hosting24 Analytics or something…
Dlcruz129 #7
Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:35 PM
how goes the OS?

Well I'm a bored kinda guy when I'm fending off my NS2 addiction, I'd be happy to help if you could get me up to speed. PS I took a look at the forum post linked in your sig:

1: the post is locked so I cannot help there
2: why the iframe in the IRC link? you could atleast add a style property to the body tag removing the white border. looks like you are just hosting it to get Hosting24 Analytics or something…

1. I requested it to be locked when it was cancelled.
2. Human did all the website stuff.

I've got other projects, but maybe in a few weeks I could restart it.
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:57 PM
you know what I want to know…. why there is a Facebook bot… what is it going to do?! I can understand Google an Bing… but Facebook?!
Leo Verto #9
Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:26 AM
you know what I want to know…. why there is a Facebook bot… what is it going to do?! I can understand Google an Bing… but Facebook?!
To stalk those who are also on facebook and to individualize their advertisements. :3
sjkeegs #10
Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:21 AM
To stalk those who are also on facebook and to individualize their advertisements. :3

Oh, so that's why we're seeing adds in the general section ;)/>
zekesonxx #11
Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Oh, so that's why we're seeing adds in the general section ;)/>

Facebook is really horrible. They are spreading out to random small forums for a odd mod for a odd game.
Apparently we like ugg boots.