This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
alaphwolf's profile picture

[Question] Is it ok to post a progress journal?

Started by alaphwolf, 10 January 2013 - 12:51 AM
alaphwolf #1
Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:51 AM
I was wondering if it would be ok to start a thread that acts like a journal for of sorts?

The thing is I have never written a program in my life, that said I'm really excited about learning to control my little turtles and have a project in mind already. The purpose of the journal would be to see if anyone could had advice not about the code but about the process of coding and more importantly if they saw something in my mannerisms that lead to a more specific form of advice as opposed to just the general tips that are found in most tutorials.

The idea for this was born out of watching Nitrogenfingers coding in real time during his videos. He has a certain frame of mind when he begins to write each line that I found to be rather epiphianic(?). If he taught a class I would sign up in a heartbeat.

Anyways, I wanted to ask first before just posting anything and see if it was ok. I have a feeling my coding would be either hilarious or just plain painful to those of you who are old hats at this but we all start somewhere :)/>

If you are interested my first project is to write a sort of reverse excavation program from scratch in order to learn what I can from doing that. I want to be able to set height, length, and width as variables and then have the turtle return to the start.

Cheers
Orwell #2
Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:11 AM
The idea for this was born out of watching Nitrogenfingers coding in real time during his videos. He has a certain frame of mind when he begins to write each line that I found to be rather epiphianic(?). If he taught a class I would sign up in a heartbeat.
He does teach a class at the ComputerCraft University.
Cranium #3
Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:59 AM
I think that's fine, and I would love to read your journal. Post it in the Media section, since that's where it would belong. If you do any videos, I would like to see that. I might even give you some pointers as you go through the code.
alaphwolf #4
Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:40 AM
cheers, will do.