This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Finnvos123's profile picture

Tekkit server isn't loading programs

Started by Finnvos123, 11 January 2013 - 09:11 AM
Finnvos123 #1
Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:11 AM
I've got a tekkit server and when I load a map where I had put down a few computers and put programs on them in singleplayer, those programs are gone on the server. It doesn't load the programs in worldname/computer/coputerid.
Does a tekkit server use a different location?
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:38 AM
nope same location (in server files tho of course)… your computer most likely has a different id to the folder you put it into.
Finnvos123 #3
Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:44 PM
I've checked my id and it is the right one. When I place computers in a world without computers (and turn them om), the server doesn't even create the computer folder in the world folder.

EDIT: nvm about the server files location.
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:46 PM
well it goes in

"\path\to\server\files\world\computer\id"
or
"/path/to/server/files/world/computer/id"

depending on your os ;)/>
Finnvos123 #5
Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:06 PM
It might be because I'm running the server on an external harddrive but I currently don't have time to test it.
Luanub #6
Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:04 PM
So to make sure I understand the problem you created a SSP game using Tekkit, put in some computers and put programs on them. Then copied the save to a Tekkit SMP Server and the computers are not reading the contents of their computer folders? Can you see whats in /rom? What about if you place a disk?

Since the last update the computer folder will not be created until you create a file on the computer from within the game(not sure what version of Tekkit your using and if that is relevant or not). But that should only be with newly placed computers. If the computers were placed in SSP and already had the folders they should be there now.

It shouldn't matter what drive you run the server of off. I've ran mine on multiple different disk without any issues.
theoriginalbit #7
Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:06 PM
(not sure what version of Tekkit your using and if that is relevant or not)
Last I checked Tekkit was still running a dodgy Bukkit port of 1.3/1.4 (some 1.4 stuff, mainly just 1.3 tho)
Luanub #8
Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:18 PM
(not sure what version of Tekkit your using and if that is relevant or not)
Last I checked Tekkit was still running a dodgy Bukkit port of 1.3/1.4 (some 1.4 stuff, mainly just 1.3 tho)
If you are using the new Tekkit Lite it has 1.481
Finnvos123 #9
Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:57 AM
I've tested it with a new world without computers and when I create programs they aren't getting saved. (The server doesn't create the computer folder in the world folder)
Also, I can see what's in /rom and the standard programs work, I can also save my programs but I can't see where they get saved.
I can place disks but I can't access the /disk folder.
Ps: I'm using tekkit classic but I'll probably change it to lite after this.
Leo Verto #10
Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:03 AM
Are you sure you're really playing on your server?
Finnvos123 #11
Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:43 AM
Are you sure you're really playing on your server?
100% sure
Finnvos123 #12
Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:50 AM
Tested it with tekkit lite, same problem.
The wierd thing is though, that I can save files on the computer and when I restart the server they still exist so it has to save them in a different location.
Luanub #13
Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:35 PM
The old tekkit classic server that I used to have up stored them in "tekkit_server/world/computer/computerID" just like a vanilla server. I think it is CC that determines where the files are saved so it should be the same regardless.

Do a search from your computer for the filename of one of the files that you have created in game and see if it can find the file. That will give you the path that they are being saved to.
Finnvos123 #14
Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:00 AM
Problem solved!
Apparently the server doesn't save the files to the active world but to the folder: world/computer/computerID.
Thanks to everyone who responded!