This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
GravityScore's profile picture

Thunderhawk 3.0 - Finally

Started by GravityScore, 13 January 2013 - 06:20 AM
GravityScore #1
Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:20 AM
Thunderhawk Email Client

Version 3.0

Thunderhawk is a real life email client in ComputerCraft which works across Minecraft worlds and servers (using PHP and MySQL). It includes the ability to create an account, and send, receive, trash, and delete emails. All passwords are hashed in SHA-512 - the most secure hashing algorithm in the world, so there's literally no chance someone's going to steal your password.

You can find a list of all accounts for Thunderhawk here, so you are able to see who you can send messages to.

Notice: Accounts with usernames that are inappropriate in a family environment are subject to termination without prior notice.

Register here: http://firewolfcc.com/thunderhawk

New in 3.0
- It's finally back! :D/>
- Brand new backend
- Registration only through the website
- Nothing much else has changed

Change Log
SpoilerVersion 2.1
- Automatic text wrapping! Watch the word you're typing instantly move down to the next line without you having to do a thing!
- Ability to permanently delete single emails from the trash
Well that was easy…

Version 2.0
Mainly Lua side updates in this version, nothing really new in the PHP:
- Brand new UI!
- Inbox, Trash, and Sent folders
- Account Management (delete your account)
- Scrollable Messages
- Scroll bars
- Fixed Trash Feature :D/>
- View trashed messages, then empty the trash
- More helpful error messages
- Easy to click menu

Version 1.1
- It's back, after a long period of downtime!
- Many more security features on the PHP side

Version 1.0
- Initial release

Features
- Send, receive, and delete emails
- Emails have a subject and scrollable body
- Create new accounts
- Delete your account
- View sent messages
- Login securely with your account
- Passwords hashed with salt in SHA-256 and SHA-512
- Error warnings
- Scrollable inbox
- Scroll bars
- Reply and forward functions
- Move messages to the trash
- Empty the trash
- Builtin Automatic Updater

Screenshots
Viewing a Message:

Inbox:
Spoiler

Compose:
Spoiler

Welcome Page:
Spoiler

Login:
Spoiler

Security Notice
Before anyone starts worrying about a repeat of the NDF-OS incident, I'll explain why such an event isn't possible (to my knowledge) with this system. First of all, the passwords are encrypted in SHA-256, then salted, then encrypted in SHA-512 again server-side. SHA-512 and SHA-256 are the most secure and second most secure hashing algorithms in the world, in use by many professional businesses and government agencies. It is part of the new generation of SHA-2 hashing algorithms, with no collisions found as of yet. You can find out more about this from the Wikipedia article.
Second of all, the account data is stored in a MySQL database (not in plain text in a file), which requires a set of credentials to access. There is no script that performs any form of modification to the FTP files - meaning no upload, download, or update scripts on the server at all (never had been, never will be). This means its not possible to see any of the messages, or account details.
Note: This means I cannot see passwords!
Thunderhawk has many other features (including protection against MySQL injection) to keep everything secure and running well, I'm just not going to document them here.

Download
Thunderhawk can be downloaded from Pastebin or Hastebin, using the Pastebin ID: R9Eb4XuG or the Hastebin ID: hihocowawo.lua
Or type into your computer:

pastebin get R9Eb4XuG thunderhawk

Note: you can't autoupdate from the old version sadly! I renamed the script on GitHub, meaning you must re-download it from Pastebin.

Credits
- Code by me :D/> (GravityScore)
- Lieudusty, who will be protecting this from a fiery eternal death overnight while I sleep using his crazy hocuspocus magic.

Please leave your opinion in a comment, or report a bug! If the bug is a big security risk, message me straight away, please do not post it in the comments where everyone can see it!
Edited on 28 December 2013 - 07:13 AM
lieudusty #2
Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:34 AM
Yay! I'm in the credits! xD
Skullblade #3
Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:05 AM
Wow looks cool…I've seen something along the same lines as this but it like almost all php/http programs it crumbled because of jacka**** messing with it…hope that doesn't happen to this program it looks awesome cant wait to try it out!
remiX #4
Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:44 AM
Damn o_O I don't even.

Well done GravityScore, this is beyond brilliant :P/>
brett122798 #5
Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:48 AM
You should make this a website for Firewolf. THEN it would be real e-mail!
1lann #6
Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:53 AM
Just wanted to put this out dere, this is not in real life email (emails that are like username@domain.com). Its just a mailing system that uses the HTTP api to send messages to other people using thunderbird.
brett122798 #7
Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:55 AM
Oh, question: Why are you guys all of a sudden making tons of programs? Well two..
1lann #8
Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:58 AM
Oh, question: Why are you guys all of a sudden making tons of programs? Well two..
It's really just gravityscore :P/> I've made a couple of programs before (one of them being lightshot) a REALLYYY long time ago. GravityScore just fixed it up and added a lot of stuff. Also GravityScore has been working on thunderbird for a long time. Like since early december.
brett122798 #9
Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:01 AM
It's really just gravityscore :P/> I've made a couple of programs before (one of them being lightshot) a REALLYYY long time ago. GravityScore just fixed it up and added a lot of stuff. Also GravityScore has been working on thunderbird for a long time. Like since early december.
Oh, well that's good that he's going "outside the box." At least with lightshot.. e-mails sound pretty similar to Firewolf.
GravityScore #10
Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

On off since december :P/>

I would have released it much sooner but 000webhost kept screwing up on me :P/>

Ty again lieu :P/>

Oh, well that's good that he's going "outside the box." At least with lightshot.. e-mails sound pretty similar to Firewolf.

I wouldn't say so…
This uses PHP to communicate - Firewolf uses Rednet (most of which 1lann wrote - I just did the GUI :P/>)
brett122798 #11
Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:30 AM
I wouldn't say so…
This uses PHP to communicate - Firewolf uses Rednet (most of which 1lann wrote - I just did the GUI :P/>)
It's very similar to the user's eyes. I mean, how would anybody know it's PHP and not Rednet without reading the code or more in this topic?
GravityScore #12
Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:48 AM
I wouldn't say so…
It's very similar to the user's eyes. I mean, how would anybody know it's PHP and not Rednet without reading the code or more in this topic?

Ah I see your point. I know what you mean :P/>
pielover88888 #13
Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:43 AM
Well, first of all, they could notice that other users don't have to be in your minecraft world or on the same server.
Otherwise, "real life" in the title gives them a darn good hint that it's not rednet :P/>
brett122798 #14
Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:51 AM
Well, first of all, they could notice that other users don't have to be in your minecraft world or on the same server.
Otherwise, "real life" in the title gives them a darn good hint that it's not rednet :P/>
You don't?!

EDIT: What's your "e-mail"?
Shnupbups #15
Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 AM
So how 'bout this;

There is a new built-in firewolf website called CCtube, you make an account with your Thunderbird email and it will send you a confirmation. Once you type the code in the activation email your account is activated and you can upload files that you have recorded using Lightshot and it will put them on a real-life database so that everyone on CCtube can see it. You can also subscribe to users and it will send you a Thunderbird email whenever they upload a new video.

Tying these 3 programs together!

(Oh yes and my e-mail is Shnupbups)
Shnupbups #16
Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 AM
Alright, who's making a ton of spam email addresses?
Leo Verto #17
Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:48 AM
Stealing other applications' names is not very creative, maybe you should rename this one too.
GravityScore #18
Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:57 AM
Stealing other applications' names is not very creative, maybe you should rename this one too.

Any suggestions? I think that might be a good idea…

Thundereagle
Thunderpigeon
Thunderbudgie
Thunderparrot
ThunderhehehehelolxD
Leo Verto #19
Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:04 PM
Thunderturtle!
brett122798 #20
Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:11 PM
Thunderturtle!
Thunder + Turtle = ?
remiX #21
Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:57 PM
But the ASCII bird is beyond awesome :[

Thunderwolf, lol
Shnupbups #22
Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:06 PM
How about ThunderRaven?
CastleMan2000 #23
Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:20 PM
This is so cool! :D/> I have a few suggestions though: A checkbox for staying signed in (persistent), being able to see sent messages (an outbox maybe?), archiving all the messages you currently have into a folder, and a contacts list so you can keep your pen pals on a convenient list and click on their names and then compose a message quickly! :D/>

Also, sending files and a confirmation for deleting all your messages would be great. :)/>
ChaddJackson12 #24
Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:24 PM
Seems really cool! I'll try it out
Dlcruz129 #25
Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:54 PM
Thunderpigeon for sure.
zekesonxx #26
Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:15 AM
Thunderhawk. Enough said.
pielover88888 #27
Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:53 AM
ThunderPie! \o/
Um, I found a problem..
Any time I attempt to message someone, it has a server error.
Edit: it worked. Gravityscore, check your inbox, LOL jk (but yes, it was sent to you, my test message.)
GravityScore #28
Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:32 AM
Ok well. Lieudusty was updating linux, which involved wiping the disk. We forgot to take backups of the PHP files and now they're gone.

So… dammit.

Expect downtime for the next few days while we re-write everything :P/>
CastleMan2000 #29
Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:42 AM
Thunderhawk. Enough said.

Agreed, that sounds awesome.
NeverCast #30
Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:44 AM
Hashes are only as secure as their computational time. Just because SHA256 doesn't have any collisions doesn't mean it's more secure than SHA1, apart from the calculation time.

There is something very vital to strengthening your hashes that you need to do. That is use a salt. Although your system is rather strong against hackers and nothing you said was incorrect. You should be salting your hashes. That means adding some known garbage to the end of someones password, so even if the user types in 12345 as their password, It becomes 12345kjdfshafdksafkjsf before it is hashed, making it harder to brute force because you can't use pre-generated hashes to crack it.

On Topic: I like ThunderHawk, and this software looks very well done. Nice work.
pielover88888 #31
Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:45 AM
So, Gravity, then how did I send one? o_o

also; DEBIAN FTW! *doesn't need re-installation to update*
NeverCast #32
Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:47 AM
A lot ( all? ) of linux installations don't need re-installation as the linux kernel is quite modular.
What do you mean pielover?
pielover88888 #33
Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:04 PM
Doesn't Fedora need reinstallation to update? Or, arch..? I could've sworn at least one or two distributions needed it..
lieudusty #34
Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:21 PM
I'm using Arch Linux and everything in the system was screewy. Packages didn't install, can't update stuff, was using an old version anyways, stuff like that. So I decided wiping the harddrive and reinstalling would make everything be more smooth. (Which it did)
GravityScore #35
Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:50 PM
Hashes are only as secure as their computational time. Just because SHA256 doesn't have any collisions doesn't mean it's more secure than SHA1, apart from the calculation time.

There is something very vital to strengthening your hashes that you need to do. That is use a salt. Although your system is rather strong against hackers and nothing you said was incorrect. You should be salting your hashes. That means adding some known garbage to the end of someones password, so even if the user types in 12345 as their password, It becomes 12345kjdfshafdksafkjsf before it is hashed, making it harder to brute force because you can't use pre-generated hashes to crack it.

On Topic: I like ThunderHawk, and this software looks very well done. Nice work.

I know what salting a password is :P/> I'm far enough into the new version that I've already implemented it.
theoriginalbit #36
Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:58 PM
That means adding some known garbage to the end of someones password, so even if the user types in 12345 as their password, It becomes 12345kjdfshafdksafkjsf before it is hashed, making it harder to brute force because you can't use pre-generated hashes to crack it.
Only problem with salting with Lua/CC programs is that unless the program is converted to byte-code, someone can easily just open your program and look at your salt… even with the program in byte-code they can still look up the salt ( it just takes a little longer )…
Mads #37
Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:49 AM
- snip -
zekesonxx #38
Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:54 AM
"Server error" when trying to log in.

MudkipTheEpic #39
Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:37 PM
Once PDA's come out, you could make a SHA-256 encoded PHP texting system in your spare time. I mean, for you it won't take long at all! XP

Edit: Edited for ungratefulness. :P/>
Edited on 15 January 2013 - 11:38 AM
GravityScore #40
Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:53 PM
Ok status update on the PHP scripts:

- Salting has been implemented. The password is first hashed in SHA-256 client side, which is then sent to the server. The server adds a unique (to the account), randomly generated salt to the password, and the whole thing is then hashed again in SHA-512. Dictionary attacks are now useless :D/>
- A new system to better identify what is sending the request has been implemented (should help us in locking out hacking clients)
- Lieudusty has gotten Linux iptables to work, and I've implemented an IP address blocking system in the PHP
- Usernames, passwords, subjects, tos, etc… are now limited to letters and numbers only
- A new folder system has been implemented (only in the PHP at the moment)

Yet to do:
- Rate limiting of accounts and IP addresses.

Thanks for the support everyone! We're getting there…
lieudusty #41
Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:49 PM
Using debian now… Which seems easier to use in my opinion.
Shnupbups #42
Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM
Just noticed the topic title says that comptuercraft. #HardToSeeTypos
Mads #43
Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:18 AM
Why not do all of the en-/decryption with PHP? That way noone can see what you're doing, and you can change it to something else, while hackers would still be trying to decrypt SHAwhatever, and noone would know!
Skullblade #44
Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:36 AM
I've also recently noticed people don't know who has an account and who they can send messages to - so I've set up a simple website which lists all of the people who you can email. It can be found here (yes it's hosted on the Firewolf website…).

I cant get on that website is it down?
Edit: I'm getting a server error when I try to register…are your webpages all down?
zekesonxx #45
Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:47 AM
No, don't bother to read his posts. Just instantly start complaining.
GravityScore #46
Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:47 AM
I've also recently noticed people don't know who has an account and who they can send messages to - so I've set up a simple website which lists all of the people who you can email. It can be found here (yes it's hosted on the Firewolf website…).
Edit: I'm getting a server error when I try to register…are your webpages all down?

Ok well. Lieudusty was updating linux, which involved wiping the disk. We forgot to take backups of the PHP files and now they're gone.

So… dammit.

Everything was hosted on there, so everything is gone including that website :(/>
Skullblade #47
Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:03 AM
oh sorry to bother you..i thought that when you talked about the update on the PHP status it was up…
sorry 2 bother u :P/>
nutcase84 #48
Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:02 AM
It's not working. Please fix. I get a server error.
Skullblade #49
Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

So… dammit.

Everything was hosted on there, so everything is gone including that website :(/>

Nutcase all of his websites are down and he has to rewrite the PHP from scratch…give him some time
GravityScore #50
Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

So… dammit.

Skullblade #51
Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:06 AM
we posted at same time Gravity LOL :P/>
NeverCast #52
Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:58 AM
That means adding some known garbage to the end of someones password, so even if the user types in 12345 as their password, It becomes 12345kjdfshafdksafkjsf before it is hashed, making it harder to brute force because you can't use pre-generated hashes to crack it.
Only problem with salting with Lua/CC programs is that unless the program is converted to byte-code, someone can easily just open your program and look at your salt… even with the program in byte-code they can still look up the salt ( it just takes a little longer )…

I'm not sure what you think the purpose of salting is, but salts are not secrets, You can post your salt publicly without defeating it's purpose. A salt isn't private, all the salt is meant to do is make the computational time greater. Because they can't use pre-generated rainbow tables. That said, Keeping your salt private does help
Skullblade #53
Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 AM
I'm not sure what you think the purpose of salting is, but salts are not secrets, You can post your salt publicly without defeating it's purpose. A salt isn't private, all the salt is meant to do is make the computational time greater. Because they can't use pre-generated rainbow tables. That said, Keeping your salt private does help

you could always salt it in PHP on the server right? then it would be a secret
GravityScore #54
Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

The salt is added on the PHP server, so it is secret.

But one of the big features of salts is they are ment to be different for each password. Stored separately in the MySQL database.
A really good article I found can be found here.
Left4Cake #55
Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:59 AM
You should change your signature on the form to reflect that the server is down.
Mandrake Fernflower #56
Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:38 AM
Gravity, Mk352 (Weaboo) crashed your php server with a worm he executed on many servers
GravityScore #57
Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:19 AM
Gravity, Mk352 (Weaboo) crashed your php server with a worm he executed on many servers

Lieu noticed the server was getting spammed, so he closed the port just in case (he had only just switched to debian, and was not sure if iptables worked yet). He said he would set it up properly when he got home from school :P/>
ChaddJackson12 #58
Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:55 AM
Just a question. Is there a way possible you could only allow so many commands(or whatever they're called) from one IP per minute, So people can't spam your server so much?
zekesonxx #59
Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:59 AM
Just a question. Is there a way possible you could only allow so many commands(or whatever they're called) from one IP per minute, So people can't spam your server so much?

That is called ratelimiting.
CastleMan2000 #60
Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:31 AM
Come on, Grav, when will the server be back up? It's been over a week!
GravityScore #61
Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:04 AM
Come on, Grav, when will the server be back up? It's been over a week!

I know! All the PHP is written, I just have to test it. Over the past few days, I had some trouble with where to host them, but I got that sorted, and there now back with lieudusty :D/> Now the only problem is my stupid Italian hotel's internet! It won't stay connected for more than 20 minutes, before it drops out and doesn't let me connect for another half hour. I'm travelling home to Auzzie tomorrow, so Dday should be at most Friday! (Note: this does not account for the need for any major changes that possibly may be needed, or sudden events that may occur and prevent me from testing and completing such as database downtime).
pielover88888 #62
Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:39 AM
It's almost as if the universe doesn't want us to have email across networks via php and computercraft.. hmm..
anonimo182 #63
Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 AM
Agree…
Shnupbups #64
Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:26 PM
Geez, 1-2 days sure lasts a VERY long time.
Shnupbups #65
Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:52 PM
1-2 more days = 1-2 more months?
Skullblade #66
Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:03 PM
Yeah gravity have u abandoned this project? I hope u didn't it was really good :D/>
GravityScore #67
Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:37 PM
Yeah gravity have u abandoned this project? I hope u didn't it was really good :D/>

Yes I had abandoned it for a while here due to an error which I just couldn't see how the hell to fix, but after you said that, I went back and took another look at it, and… the error was about the stupidest mistake I could possibly make - a spelling error -_-/>

So basically - I fixed it, and expect 1.1 to be released today! :D/>
Shnupbups #68
Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:52 PM
Yes I had abandoned it for a while here due to an error which I just couldn't see how the hell to fix, but after you said that, I went back and took another look at it, and… the error was about the stupidest mistake I could possibly make - a spelling error -_-/>

So basically - I fixed it, and expect 1.1 to be released today! :D/>
Hip hip! Hooray! Hip hip! Hoo-WAIT! A spelling error??????!!!!!!!!!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
GravityScore #69
Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:01 PM
Hip hip! Hooray! Hip hip! Hoo-WAIT! A spelling error??????!!!!!!!!!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That more or less covers my reaction to it xD
GravityScore #70
Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:36 PM
It's back :D/>

EDIT: crap I think there may be something wrong with salting… The person who just created the account owned, can you successfully log in? When I create a test account, I can salt properly, but looking at the SQL database, the salt for the account owned looks stuffed up…

EDIT 2: huh… Shnupbups account's salt worked fine…
Skullblade #71
Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:59 AM
YAY its back
YEEEAAAAAAAY!!!
*le opens minecraft**le downloads program*

EDIT: le hates to spoil the party but i seem to be having a bug….when ever i try to email someone i get a recipient doesn't exist error…even when i copy paste the name in….might be me
MudkipTheEpic #72
Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:09 AM
YAY its back
YEEEAAAAAAAY!!!
*le opens minecraft**le downloads program*

EDIT: le hates to spoil the party but i seem to be having a bug….when ever i try to email someone i get a recipient doesn't exist error…even when i copy paste the name in….might be me

It works for me…. idk what's wrong…
Skullblade #73
Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:09 AM
ill redownload it

EDIT: OOOOOMMMG the stupidity it burns!!! I was typing the usernames into the subject place because im used to having To: at the top…..i am one stupid person….

EDIT EDIT: now its working apparently the program cant read your mind and find who you REALLY want to send the message to :P/>
CastleMan2000 #74
Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:30 AM
Woohoo! It's back!! Don't forget to update your sig :P/>

What kind of new security measures did you put in?
lieudusty #75
Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

GravityScore surrounded the server with Iron Golems.
Shnupbups #76
Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:57 PM
List of users offline?
GravityScore #77
Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:11 PM
List of users offline?
Well, I was speaking to mk352 and he had some devious ideas which I probably shouldn't iterate here. It involved parsing the HTML and gaining a list of users to perform malicious tasks with. Then again, with the security in place he can't really do much. I'll probably put it back up again.

Updated sig, thanks :P/>

Security measures:
- HTTP Post only (no web browser use)
- 1 message sent every 2 seconds
- Certain number of messages (don't want to say) sent from an account before it starts deleting old ones
- Certain number of accounts (don't want to say) per IP address
- Deletes messages that have the exact same information (to, from, message, subject, etc…)
- Only alphanumeric (plus _, /) characters in everything but the message and subject, which are mysqli_real_escape_stringed
- Protection against SQL injection using prepared statements and mysqli_real_escape_string
- Passwords are SHA-256ed client side, sent to server, combined with a 64 character salt, then SHA-512ed server side, then added to the MySQL database
- Lieu and I can block IP addresses in the iptables and in a special blocking list in the PHP
- Logs every action performed by anyone, with their username, IP address, action, return status, etc… (this table also has spammer protection)
- And a secret security feature I wish not to mention :P/>
theoriginalbit #78
Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:20 PM
- Deletes messages that have the exact same information (to, from, message, subject, etc…)
I that like a spam bulk email prevention, or more of an accidental duplicate send prevention.
GravityScore #79
Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:01 AM
Is that like a spam bulk email prevention, or more of an accidental duplicate send prevention.

Spam bulk email prevention (what mk352 was planning to do with MyDoom :P/>). It's not to hard to get around, but still.
theoriginalbit #80
Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:04 AM
Spam bulk email prevention (what mk352 was planning to do with MyDoom :P/>). It's not to hard to get around, but still.
Cool :)/>
Leo Verto #81
Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:09 AM
Now you just need to rename it…
mikko #82
Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:23 PM
:)/> I love this program and I created an account but… I can't view the list of accounts :(/> so I don't know anyone to email.
GravityScore #83
Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 PM
Now you just need to rename it…

Damn forgot about that :P/> How did I forget about that! Will do it in a minute…

And due to hight demand (sorta :P/>), I've put the accounts list back up.
LDShadowLord #84
Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:50 AM
You say "To/From" in those. So if I was having a conversation with someone, a lengthy conversation with bad jokes for the subject, could they be deleted? Or am I totally mis-understanding and looking over something obvious.

EDIT: By 'those' I mean security features that you listed on Page 4 of this topic.
lieudusty #85
Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:13 PM
You say "To/From" in those. So if I was having a conversation with someone, a lengthy conversation with bad jokes for the subject, could they be deleted? Or am I totally mis-understanding and looking over something obvious.

EDIT: By 'those' I mean security features that you listed on Page 4 of this topic.
Theres a bug where you can't delete messages
anonimo182 #86
Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:24 PM
Off Topic: The funny part of the programs of Gravity Score is that they have the name of the program of Mozilla :)/>
Example: http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Thunderbird
Skullblade #87
Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:33 PM
Off Topic: The funny part of the programs of Gravity Score is that they have the name of the program of Mozilla :)/>/>
Example: http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Thunderbird
OMG!!!!! your right Einstein!!! Thanks for pointing that out
GravityScore #88
Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:36 PM
There is also a Mozilla program called Lightshow (I think)

The reason behind that is back in the days of CCNet, 1lann and I wanted to create a company, and since google, apple, Microsoft and a few others were taken, we chose Mozilla. So we've been naming our programs after Mozilla ones since.
zekesonxx #89
Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:38 PM
Can you make a copy of Bugzilla next?
1lann #90
Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:13 PM
Can you make a copy of Bugzilla next?
I was actually thinking about making a built in lua debugger that allows you to visualize what is being ran and what is happening (Like Firebug). I think that would be more cool than just a simple bug reporting program

Oh and the reason why it's named lightshot is because someone on CCNet used to always share screenshots of stuff using lightshot so I decided to use that name XDD
http://app.prntscr.com/
NeptunasLT #91
Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:59 AM
Good One.
Skullblade #92
Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:48 AM
Good One.
Dude i know you want to start a new post but don't just post random stuff…. at least make sense..
MudkipTheEpic #93
Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:54 PM
Lol, created a whole "get free money now!" spambot with this. Never gonna actually use it, though. :P/>
dimitriye98 #94
Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:12 PM
Why is there an account named PenisFucker? -.-"
Alerith #95
Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:49 PM
Can I suggest a 'back' button? Example: Accidentaly clicked in new message, so the only way to go back to menu is ctrl+T and click in Thunderbird again and login

Anyways this is epic, I love it! :D/>
Bobder22 #96
Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:56 PM
The server that ThunderBird's users and things are stored seems to be down :x
GravityScore #97
Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:45 AM
The server that ThunderBird's users and things are stored seems to be down :x

Ahhh I just found the problem! The domain name has expired - using the IP address of the hosting computer works. I'll update the code with the IP address of the server until Lieudusty re-registers the domain name.
Ilya21 #98
Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:57 PM
I can create the system of change password and delete account. Please PM the PHP scripts and dump of DB structure
theoriginalbit #99
Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:59 PM
Please PM the PHP scripts and dump of DB structure
Yeh coz that doesn't sound suspicious at all…
GravityScore #100
Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:44 PM
I can create the system of change password and delete account. Please PM the PHP scripts and dump of DB structure

I should be ok to implement that myself. I've just been preoccupied with more interesting projects lately, and haven't bothered to add this yet.
Azhf #101
Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:14 PM
Err… It loads and then says Thanks for Using Thunderbird. I can't seem to do anything… Any help?
Sphexish #102
Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:55 PM
Another good program by Gravity.
Thanks for the program now I can copy the code from it. :lol:/>
Northfleet #103
Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:35 PM
This is awesome, can I use it for my server?
GravityScore #104
Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:38 PM
This is awesome, can I use it for my server?

Sure!
GravityScore #105
Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:16 PM
Hey all,

Version 2.0 is out! Been working on this for the past 2 days or so. Hope you like it.

New features:

- Brand new UI!
- Inbox, Trash, and Sent folders
- Account Management (delete your account)
- Scrollable Messages
- Scroll bars
- Fixed Trash Feature
- View trashed messages, then empty the trash
- More helpful error messages
- Easy to click menu
lieudusty #106
Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:30 PM
Hooray for new update!
remiX #107
Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:36 PM
Wow looks nice :P/>

upon exit, it still says thank you for using thunderbird 1.1 :P/>
GravityScore #108
Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:49 PM
Wow looks nice :P/>

upon exit, it still says thank you for using thunderbird 1.1 :P/>

Yeah, bug in the older version. It still displays its exiting message after it's updated. It'll display the correct one if you use it again :P/>
Shnupbups #109
Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:26 PM
Errma ferken gerd.

It looks SO EPIC NOW!!!! Must update…
CastleMan2000 #110
Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:48 AM
:o/> :o/> :o/> EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! </FANSHRIEEEEEEK>

Must get it now!
AnDwHaT5 #111
Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:59 AM
You should make it so it can send files over the email.
remiX #112
Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:14 AM
You should make it so it can send files over the email.

That would infact be quite awesome.
AnDwHaT5 #113
Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:00 AM
IKR it would help my @inc and anyone else who has a company who makes programs or people that want to share things i think it can be done too.
lieudusty #114
Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:31 AM
IKR it would help my @inc and anyone else who has a company who makes programs or people that want to share things i think it can be done too.
Pastebin
Shnupbups #115
Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:01 PM
Yes, attachments and text wrapping would be good for version 2.1! But this is totally awesome anyway, so yeah…
spyman68 #116
Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:10 AM
May I use this in my little web hub I'm createing? It's called Interwebs Web Hub
EDIT- Can I also use your firewolf and CCleverBot in my Web Hub? These three programs are all I need permission on :)/>
GravityScore #117
Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:39 AM
Yep, sure! Go ahead and use them all.
Rubbed #118
Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:23 PM
GLaDOS is now online. Distributing Cake.
GravityScore #119
Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:26 PM
I was looking into ways to send/receive real emails using this (not just entries in an SQL database), and it seems like it's certainly possible. Does anyone actually want real email support? You'd have to enter your email account's password to receive real emails, but I promise I won't do anything with these passwords (such as store them or anything).
GravityScore #120
Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:57 PM
Hey all, just finished off Thunderbird 2.1! Took maybe 20 mins…

New features include:
- Automatic text wrapping! Watch as the word you're typing instantly moves down to the next line once you've reached the end of a line, without you having to do a thing.
- Delete single emails permanently from the trash from the options menu
Shnupbups #121
Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:21 PM
Yay! Gotta love the auto-text-wrap!
theoriginalbit #122
Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:29 PM
- Automatic text wrapping! Watch as the word you're typing instantly moves down to the next line once you've reached the end of a line, without you having to do a thing.
Love it :)/>
TheOddByte #123
Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:49 AM
How did you do automatic text wrapping?
I'm so curious to find out :3
Anyway, This is great! :D/>
theoriginalbit #124
Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:51 AM
Without looking at the code I'm going to take a guess at using a pattern id split it by new lines, then go through each of those lines and using another pattern with %s to get the words, write them if they fit within the area desired………… well thats how I'd do it…
TheOddByte #125
Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 AM
BTW how do you handle like 'read()' and 'mouse_click' at the same time as you have done in this program?
Since I have no clue on how you are doing it…
theoriginalbit #126
Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:57 AM
BTW how do you handle like 'read()' and 'mouse_click' at the same time as you have done in this program?
Custom read function FTW!!!
GravityScore #127
Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:01 AM
Without looking at the code I'm going to take a guess at using a pattern id split it by new lines, then go through each of those lines and using another pattern with %s to get the words, write them if they fit within the area desired………… well thats how I'd do it…

Nope, not in the slightest!

When typing, I'm basically emulating the edit function. When I pick up a char event, if the cursor is at the end of a line, I scan back through the line to see where the last space in the line is. I then get everything after that last space, put it on the next line, append the typed letter, and trim the space off the previous line. Then move the cursor to the last spot available on the next line.

It took an extra 10 lines :P/>
GravityScore #128
Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

I use my modified read function, which allows me to specify a function that's called upon an event. The event and all its parameters are passed to the function. If I detect that the user clicked something, I can just return true to exit the read function.
theoriginalbit #129
Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:23 AM
Nope, not in the slightest!

When typing, I'm basically emulating the edit function. When I pick up a char event, if the cursor is at the end of a line, I scan back through the line to see where the last space in the line is. I then get everything after that last space, put it on the next line, append the typed letter, and trim the space off the previous line. Then move the cursor to the last spot available on the next line.

It took an extra 10 lines :P/>
Well that seems very………… extreme…

I use my modified read function, which allows me to specify a function that's called upon an event. The event and all its parameters are passed to the function. If I detect that the user clicked something, I can just return true to exit the read function.
The correct terminology for that is an eventCallback function… :P/>
amtra5 #130
Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:27 AM
GravityScore said:
- (Perhaps) Viewing and sending real life emails (over IMAP)!
Please!!!!
TheOddByte #131
Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

So that's kinda like an API?
Mind if I use it in my game?
GravityScore #132
Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

So that's kinda like an API?
Mind if I use it in my game?

Yeah I'd call it a utility :P/> Sure, go ahead!
CastleMan2000 #133
Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:06 AM
Text wrapping?! OMG I love it! (I'll have to try it!)

Gravity you never cease to amaze me!
TheOddByte #134
Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:05 AM
BTW just gotta love your read function! :D/>
Thanks for letting me use it.
Shnupbups #135
Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:09 AM
I also loved how I just started the program up, it updated and the heading immediately changed from 'Thunderbird 2.0' to 'Thunderbird 2.1'.
kornichen #136
Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:08 PM
In 2.1 is a bug. You can fix it like this until GravityScore updated the files on the AutoUpdate Server:

Change Line 15 like this:

local autoupdate = false

Change Line 565 like this:

"attachments=" .. textutils.urlEncode(textutils.serialize({})))

Please fix it Gravity :)/>
GravityScore #137
Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:49 PM
In 2.1 is a bug. You can fix it like this until GravityScore updated the files on the AutoUpdate Server:

Change Line 15 like this:

local autoupdate = false

Change Line 565 like this:

"attachments=" .. textutils.urlEncode(textutils.serialize({})))

Please fix it Gravity :)/>

Dammit! I accidentally added an extra } :(/>

Fixed now.
Rubbed #138
Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:18 AM
Auto-text wrapping!?!??!?! OMG OMG OMG OGM OMG THANAK YOU
Rubbed #139
Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:40 PM
Now, the only thing that isn't perfect about this program is this: http://prntscr.com/xv1n6 :P/>

Edit: Or wait, is that intentional?
Shnupbups #140
Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:09 PM
Now, the only thing that isn't perfect about this program is this: http://prntscr.com/xv1n6 :P/>

It is intentional, if the e-mail is long, it acts as a scroll bar and will move up and down when you use the scroll wheel.
remiX #141
Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

When I first saw the new version, I was also like wtf is that :P/>
But then realized what it was when I got a long enough email.

Grav, make it only show if the message is longer than the page
GravityScore #142
Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Done!
Dlcruz129 #143
Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:11 AM
Very nice! But attachment support would be awesome.
remiX #144
Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

Done!

:D/>

Attachment support would be awesome :P/>
GravityScore #145
Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:33 AM
:D/>

Attachment support would be awesome :P/>

Already written the PHP and Lua stuffs for this actually, just this afternoon. Now time to test it…
remiX #146
Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:48 AM
Already written the PHP and Lua stuffs for this actually, just this afternoon. Now time to test it…

Ooh, nice. Fast one, aren't you?
I'll be willing to help test if you need.
GravityScore #147
Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:34 AM
Okai, well, come across a bit of a problem.

Uploading and stuffs works, and I can send and receive emails with attachments fine. Unfortunately, something goes wrong in uploading, causing all the +s in a file to be replaced with spaces… This is strange, because when a space is encoded for a URL, it is replaced with a +, and vice versa for decoding…

In separate testing, both PHP's urldecode and CC's textutils.urlEncode work absolutely fine. I think I may be decoding something twice. Not sure…

I'll do more testing tomorrow. Off to bed for now… :P/>
remiX #148
Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:13 AM
Hope you find the problem tomorrow :P/>
Azhf #149
Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:18 PM
Name?
Thunder + GravityScore = ThunderScore :P/>
Shnupbups #150
Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:13 PM
Name?
Thunder + GravityScore = ThunderScore :P/>
I still think ThunderRaven's a good name…
Dlcruz129 #151
Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:45 PM
My idea for attachments would be:
1. Upload the file to pastebin.
2. Send the pastebin link to the computer.
3. The client grabs the file from pastebin.

This would solve the issue.
amtra5 #152
Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I agree, but it would have a slow upload time for large files/slow Internet connections.
GravityScore #153
Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I agree, but it would have a slow upload time for large files/slow Internet connections.

This was actually my first idea, and the first way I implemented it!

But Pastebin kept wanting a CPATCHA whenever I uploaded something, and since I don't want the user to have to find the post on pastebin, then enter the cpatcha, then be able to download it, I decided to just make it use FTP upload.
GravityScore #154
Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:45 AM
Ok well, I've written a web client for Thunderbird (soon to be renamed to Thunderhawk, hence the name in the screenshots). Screenshots:
Spoiler

One problem: due to a few mistakes on my part, the SHA-256 in the Thunderbird Lua Program does not produce the same hashes as the SHA-256 in any other languages… This is quite a big problem. So, to fix this, I will have to implement a password reset, which will probably involve wiping all accounts. This isn't going to occur quite yet, probably over the next few days.
superaxander #155
Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:56 AM
That is cool looking…
Azhf #156
Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:02 AM
Here's a bug: If played in cc-emu it seems to crash instantly(Needs confirmation).
1lann #157
Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:07 AM
Here's a bug: If played in cc-emu it seems to crash instantly(Needs confirmation).
Doesn't seem to happen with me or GravityScore… Works perfectly fine for us
Azhf #158
Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:10 AM
Thats odd.
Shnupbups #159
Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:16 PM
Spoiler

Loving the look!
GravityScore #160
Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:36 PM
Implementing password reset now. Note: all the messages for your account will still be there, it's just you'll have to re-create your account before being able to see them.

Finished alpha version of the website! :D/>

http://gravityscore.koding.com

Yet to do:
- Trash mailbox
- Sent mailbox
- Trashing messages
- Permanently deleting messages
- Emptying Trash

Everything else works :D/>
superaxander #161
Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:04 PM
Implementing password reset now. Note: all the messages for your account will still be there, it's just you'll have to re-create your account before being able to see them.

Finished alpha version of the website! :D/>/>

http://gravityscore.koding.com

Yet to do:
- Trash mailbox
- Sent mailbox
- Trashing messages
- Permanently deleting messages
- Emptying Trash

Everything else works :D/>/>
Yay I was the first non-developer to sign up. I send you a message…
remiX #162
Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:58 AM
Wow the website looks absolutely amazing :P/>

Nice work, GravityScore and 1lann!

It's not mentioned in your 'Yet to do' list but clicking on a name in the Accounts list doesn't do anything, well atleast not for me.
1lann #163
Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:45 AM
Wow the website looks absolutely amazing :P/>

Nice work, GravityScore and 1lann!

It's not mentioned in your 'Yet to do' list but clicking on a name in the Accounts list doesn't do anything, well atleast not for me.
Yeah, we're still working on a TONNEE of features! 60% of it still hasn't been completed D:
GravityScore #164
Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:06 AM
New easter egg :P/>

Visit the website in Internet Explorer :P/> (or just change your user agent)
Dlcruz129 #165
Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:09 AM
Ok well, I've written a web client for Thunderbird (soon to be renamed to Thunderhawk, hence the name in the screenshots). Screenshots:
Spoiler

One problem: due to a few mistakes on my part, the SHA-256 in the Thunderbird Lua Program does not produce the same hashes as the SHA-256 in any other languages… This is quite a big problem. So, to fix this, I will have to implement a password reset, which will probably involve wiping all accounts. This isn't going to occur quite yet, probably over the next few days.

You're damn good at web design, Grav!
Dlcruz129 #166
Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

This was actually my first idea, and the first way I implemented it!

But Pastebin kept wanting a CPATCHA whenever I uploaded something, and since I don't want the user to have to find the post on pastebin, then enter the cpatcha, then be able to download it, I decided to just make it use FTP upload.

I guess that makes sense. Especially for people who send lots of attachments, they'd hit the upload quota.
remiX #167
Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:10 AM
Lmfao, that easter egg! Best!

I see you're busy with it now :P/> Sent and trash is done… :D/>

Few problems, though:
Some messages on the website print this:
To: remix
Subject: Re: Re: what you just sent
Aha :P/>

[3]="Sending this through the thunderhawk website
such a nice website hey :P/>"
[3]=" etc xD
zekesonxx #168
Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:11 AM
I don't like raining on parades (Wait, yes I do!) but the site GravityScore made looks so nice because of Twitter Bootstrap.
jesusthekiller #169
Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:13 AM
Leaving some support flavored cookies for great program! Very neat :)/>
jesusthekiller #170
Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:14 AM
I don't like raining on parades (Wait, yes I do!) but the site GravityScore made looks so nice because of Twitter Bootstrap.

Thanks for reply to my email :D/>

—EDIT

Oops, multipost
GravityScore #171
Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:00 PM
Taking the website out of alpha, as all the features on it should be working now :D/>

Enjoy! :P/>
superaxander #172
Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:02 PM
Yay
1lann #173
Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:12 AM
Just added a 404 error page :P/> and patched a security flaw that potentially allowed people to install a virus on your computer through just opening an email D: (We found this during testing, not because someone did it. Don't worry :P/>)
GravityScore #174
Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:21 AM
Just added a 404 error page :P/> and patched a security flaw that potentially allowed people to install a virus on your computer through just opening an email D: (We found this during testing, not because someone did it. Don't worry :P/>)

And by during testing, 1lann means he sent me a virus :P/>
MudkipTheEpic #175
Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:54 AM
CC computer? Or RL? XD
GravityScore #176
Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:57 AM
CC computer? Or RL? XD

Real life on the website :PP
remiX #177
Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:29 AM
The page you were looking for could not be found, blah blah blah. You get the point. Make sure you typed in the correct URL, ect.
haha
hahahahaha

Made my day
GravityScore #178
Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:14 PM
Due to a large amount of spam and DDoSing from the lack of tight security systems, I've taken the website down until we're able to fix these issues.
superaxander #179
Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:30 PM
Aah:(
Tiin57 #180
Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:24 AM
Due to a large amount of spam and DDoSing from the lack of tight security systems, I've taken the website down until we're able to fix these issues.
Ah… Your website (firewolf.dyndns) seems to be down… I wonder why.
Seriously, though, I didn't do it.
Sure as hell was trying, though.
LuaEclipser #181
Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:04 AM
Super Cool!
rhysjack7 #182
Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:17 AM
Please Fix It On CC-Emu
amtra5 #183
Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:51 PM
Sorry, GravityScore is too lazy to fix Thunderhawk. Please bug him
<3 1lann
amtra5 #184
Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:09 AM
Gravityscore, I have "sensed rumbling" for a few months now
1lann #185
Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:00 PM
He promised he would finish it. HE LIED. I'm still begging him and reminding him… He says he is too lazy -_-/>. I can't do anything about it since I don't have the files.
MudkipTheEpic #186
Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:26 AM
He promised he would finish it. HE LIED. I'm still begging him and reminding him… He says he is too lazy -_-/>/>/>. I can't do anything about it since I don't have the files.

I met him on my server and bugged the heck out of him, and he still wont fix it! D:
theoriginalbit #187
Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:42 AM
He promised he would finish it. HE LIED. I'm still begging him and reminding him… He says he is too lazy -_-/>/>/>. I can't do anything about it since I don't have the files.
I met him on my server and bugged the heck out of him, and he still wont fix it! D:
I'll try my best next I'm on Skype ;)/> :P/>
GravityScore #188
Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:30 AM
Damn you people and your bugging! :P/>

I'll get around to it eventually… ;)/>
MudkipTheEpic #189
Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:18 AM
Damn you people and your bugging! :P/>/>

I'll get around to it eventually… ;)/>/>

*enters Grav's mindterminal (Every coder has one)*

*exports Gravs "eventually" to be 3 seconds from now*
Wiiplay123 #190
Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:37 PM
so there's literally no chance someone's going to steal your password.

That is where you would be wrong if you take it LITERALLY. If you save your password as plain text on your computercraft computer, of course someone could steal it.
Geforce Fan #191
Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:38 PM
This would be really cool if the server was being hosted :(/>
jesusthekiller #192
Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:55 PM
Off top: Grav, why you changed profile pic D:
Lens was cool…
darkrising #193
Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:38 AM
Looks really cool, you could have an activation email sent to a real email address, might make the security a bit tighter and reduce spam. Just a thought :)/>
1lann #194
Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:42 AM
Looks really cool, you could have an activation email sent to a real email address, might make the security a bit tighter and reduce spam. Just a thought :)/>
Yeah we have/are. We're also adding CAPTCHAs.
theoriginalbit #195
Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:43 AM
Oh do a Video CAPTCHA! :D/>
darkrising #196
Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

Oh noes! The dreaded captcha!

But yes, that could work too :P/>
Fusnik #197
Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:03 AM
i cant register it just says failed to connect
CoderLummeih #198
Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:13 AM
Thunderduck ;)/>
GravityScore #199
Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:35 AM
i cant register it just says failed to connect

Yeah, I've not been bothered to fix this lately (it's been down due to spam/DDoS). I really would like to fix it and get it working again. Eventually - no timeframe guaranteed :P/>
GravityScore #200
Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:29 PM
Finished it finally :P/>

Enjoy! New website (where you can register) here: http://firewolfcc.com/thunderhawk

Now off to sleep…
lieudusty #201
Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:39 PM
Finally its done! :D/>
TheOddByte #202
Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:42 PM
Yes! GravityScore finally decided to update it, Yay! :D/>
Who nagged you todo it? :P/>

EDIT: D:
GravityScore #203
Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

That's caused by clicking the link after you've already validated your account (by clicking the link). So basically that happens if you click the link twice. According to the database, your account is already validated, so you should be able to use it.
TheOddByte #204
Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

That's caused by clicking the link after you've already validated your account (by clicking the link). So basically that happens if you click the link twice. According to the database, your account is already validated, so you should be able to use it.
Oh.. Ok :)/>
Good to know.. Just thought I'd get some verification about it
GravityScore #205
Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:03 AM
Oh.. Ok :)/>
Good to know.. Just thought I'd get some verification about it

I changed the alert shown to make that a bit more clear now :)/>

Added CAPTCHAs (using reCAPTCHA) to the registration too.
Sxw #206
Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:08 PM
Nice job!

What emulator is that in the screenshot?
Tron #207
Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:08 PM
Great program, but the list of users website seems to be broken/offline, did it move?
PixelToast #208
Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:28 PM
SHA-512 - the most secure hashing algorithm in the world, so there's literally no chance someone's going to steal your password.
not the most secure.. there are much better
and please tell me you salt, if you dont you probably shouldnt be making online applications like this

The email you supply is hashed using SHA-512, before being stored on the system to prevent spammers. It is not visible in plain text in the database.

then why do you ask for a email, NO other register software hashes emails

also, exploits will be exploited
expect to end up like ccMail =3

the UI is a bit to big, not enough space for large messages
other than that it looks great
GravityScore #209
Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:33 AM
SHA-512 - the most secure hashing algorithm in the world, so there's literally no chance someone's going to steal your password.
not the most secure.. there are much better
and please tell me you salt, if you dont you probably shouldnt be making online applications like this

The email you supply is hashed using SHA-512, before being stored on the system to prevent spammers. It is not visible in plain text in the database.

then why do you ask for a email, NO other register software hashes emails

also, exploits will be exploited
expect to end up like ccMail =3

the UI is a bit to big, not enough space for large messages
other than that it looks great

Of course it's salted… What algorithms are you referring to that are much better? I would love to know.

I ask for the email to prevent spammers (why else?). It's hashed because I don't think people would want me staring at their email sitting in plain text in a database. They wouldn't feel inclined to give away their email to a tiny program in Minecraft that just happens to ask for it. Or at least, I wouldn't want to give my email away like that.

Have fun exploiting it. Thanks for the compliment at the end.
TheOddByte #210
Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:28 PM
Nice job!

I think it is CCDesk
GravityScore #211
Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:50 PM
Nice job!

I think it is CCDesk

Not quite, it's my own emulator I wrote in C++. CCDesk doesn't work on my mac. I won't release it though. Too hard to get the goddamn GUI framework to export and cross platform properly, just too damned hard.

Great program, but the list of users website seems to be broken/offline, did it move?

Ahh yes I completely forgot about updating that! I'll do it now.

EDIT: done.
willwac #212
Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:01 PM
Create an online version of thunderhawk

When you get a reply, it should show the message that it was relaying from: I.e:

Original msg:

To: Tester
————-
Message A

When you reply:

From Tester
To Test
——–
Message Hello!

In reply to:

Message A
Turabi4 #213
Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:53 PM
Copied it from pastebin, going into the computer, and the computer crashes. Btw I love the custom crash thing!
TheOddByte #214
Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:43 AM
Copied it from pastebin, going into the computer, and the computer crashes. Btw I love the custom crash thing!
I don't think it works since the webserver GS hosted it on shutdown and therefore it won't work, The custom crash thing can be created with pcall if you want to know ;)/>
gollark8 #215
Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:37 AM
It seems that the thunderhawk webserver is down.
Edited on 18 December 2013 - 10:37 AM
awsmazinggenius #216
Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:34 PM
Yep. 123-reg is complaining that it is suspended.
RatcheT2497 #217
Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:46 AM
"Thunderbird has many other features" Umm, isn't this program claled ThunderHawk? :S
Shnupbups #218
Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:10 AM
:(/> expired.
3dsboy08 #219
Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:43 AM
Its Expired D:
GravityScore #220
Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:51 PM
Yes the program no longer works because there is no hosting for the PHP scripts, and I can't be bothered finding new hosting. I think I'll get the thread locked to avoid people mentioning this again and again.
Lyqyd #221
Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:35 AM
Thread locked by request.