This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
xInDiGo's profile picture

[Request][Turtle]Quarry mining with an ignore block option

Started by xInDiGo, 13 January 2013 - 11:19 AM
xInDiGo #1
Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:19 PM
I'm trying to work on a program that excavates a user defined area, that will ignore a block thats in its inventory. the main purpose of this is to dig out a nether fortress!

i'd like to start in a corner, and have the turtle start excavating, checking each block before it breaks it. if it does indeed come in contact with netherbrick i'd like it to try and move down, up, or around the netherbrick. of course i know its probably impossible to completely ignore blocks so if theres no other place for it to move it should break the netherbrick, move forward, and maybe even put it back!

i'm up for learning how to do this, i've been playing around with the build in excavate script but so far no luck, i've just managed to break the thing :(/>

thanks for your help and input!
iownall555 #2
Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:47 PM
I'm not exactly sure on the code but you would probably have to put one of each of the nether fortress materials into the turtle (nether bricks and such) and when you get to a block compare it to the slots you have the nether brick in, and if it's not nether brick then it breaks it and move on to the next block. If that makes sense.

Edit. I just realised that's what you just said.
xInDiGo #3
Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:37 AM
heh yeah, its all good. still haven't been able to figure it out tho, thinking i'll just level the place and maybe try and rebuild a nether fortress. gotta get those withers to spawn!
Orwell #4
Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:58 AM
You'd probably be better of just breaking the block and replacing it when you moved past it.
xInDiGo #5
Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:56 AM
thats actually a pretty great idea! i'd have to put the nether brick/stairs/fence in lets say 14 15 16 and when it compares the block, it switches to the right one, digs, forward, detect block(its nether brick), digs again, turns left turns left, place block, turn left turn left, detect block.

sorry that pseudo is really nasty but i think it would work something like that.
Orwell #6
Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:44 AM
You can also just dig the block and see if the item count of slot 14/15/16 has increased by one. :)/> Besides that, it should be good.