This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Whist34's profile picture

[1.481][Univ] Crash when placing wireless turtle or wireless mining turtle

Started by Whist34, 14 January 2013 - 04:42 PM
Whist34 #1
Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:42 PM
MC 1.4.7 Universal (Not on a server)
CC 1.481
miscperipherals 2.3

Description of Bug: I place a wireless turtle or a wireless mining turtle and the game freezes then crashes.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Extract the contents of the ComputerCraft1.481.zip into /mods/ComputerCraft folder.
2) Using magiclauncher to load in miscperipherals (tested in mods folder as well…)
3) Start a new world
4) Place a wireles turtle or wireless mining turtle

Notes:
This crash only occurs when I extract the contents to the /mods/ComputerCraft folder. (I want to be able to do this so I can easily add custom programs for all computers.)
I have tested this extensively with different ways of placing turtles. No matter how I order them or select them as soon as any wireless is placed the crash occurs.
If I leave it as a zip file and load it using magiclauncher then there are no errors and no crashes.
I searched the forums for any similar crashes or bugs, but I could not find any that seemed to be related to the method of installation.

MC Crash Report
[attachment=914:crash-2013-01-13_22.59.58-client.txt]

Forge Log (Shortened because it was too large to post.)
[attachment=915:ForgeModLoader-client-1-SHORTENED.txt]

Thank you for any helpful feedback
Cloudy #2
Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:16 PM
You've got a lot of mods installed. One of them is overriding our API's. Please try and find out which one.

If any of the mods have a dan200 folder in its root, delete it.
Whist34 #3
Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:12 PM
I found it!

I am using the Direwolf20 FTB pack with ThermalExpansion 2.1.6.

ThermalExpansion 2.1.6 was using a dan200 api folder from Dec 22 (before the bug fix in 1.481).

I replaced the contents of TE's dan200 api folder with the updated files from CC 1.481 and everything works now.

All of my turtles now come with a pre-installed orient program that reports location and facing.

Thank you!