This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
wilcomega's profile picture

Setting up CC in MCP

Started by wilcomega, 25 March 2012 - 08:07 AM
wilcomega #1
Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:07 AM
how do i put CC into MCP, because MCP will not do anything with mods folder
or is it like you create it with the API and then you put it in your client and it works?

thx, wilcomega
Xfel #2
Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:28 AM
After decompilation and installation of everything else, simply download the API classes (http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/606-creating-peripherals/) and paste them into both src/minecraft and src/minecraft_server.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to test peripheral mods without reobfuscating.
wilcomega #3
Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:59 AM
another question:
when i do reobfuscate i dont get my things back that i made in eclipse…… :(/>/>
wilcomega #4
Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:04 AM
whoops, forgot to decompile :(/>/>
wilcomega #5
Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:06 AM
i mean recompile
Casper7526 #6
Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:22 PM
After decompilation and installation of everything else, simply download the API classes (http://www.computerc...ng-peripherals/) and paste them into both src/minecraft and src/minecraft_server.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to test peripheral mods without reobfuscating.

It is possible to debug/test in eclipse, it just requires a full decompile of CC and a few other changes of file structuring to get everything to load correctly. WAY too much work when you can simply make a batch script to run recompile/reob and move everything into a test directory automatically.
Xfel #7
Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:07 AM
I think a source version of CC would still be better, as you can't debug obfuscated code.
Casper7526 #8
Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:53 AM
Nah, even with CC decompiled it's not hard to follow. His code is pretty straight forward and pretty well written. Sure names get screwy, but that doesn't make it much harder to follow through it.