This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
xInDiGo's profile picture

[BETA]indigoshopper - Simple Hopper!

Started by xInDiGo, 16 January 2013 - 11:37 AM
xInDiGo #1
Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:37 PM
So I was inspired by another program to try my hand at a hopper program. I wanted a turtle that could take items from the top and then place the items below it. This program essentially lets you have a hopper with way more slots, compared to a regular hopper, for dumping large amounts of ore. You could even chain them to make even more hoppers with even more space! The setup:
  • Chest with items waiting to be deposited into the turtle above said turtle.
  • Turtle under said chest.
  • What you want items deposited into including: Another regular hopper, chest, furnace, macerator, recycler, and more!
I bring you, the indigohopper!

crKtHrz1

Screen Shots coming soon!

upcoming features to add:
-Stop Button
-Chests on left or right

known bugs:
items that can't stack or there isn't enough to stack seem to confuse the turtle, like tools

– thanks to Orwell, Cranium, &amp; Ulthean for helping me out! <3

::updated url, thanks added::
Ulthean #2
Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:20 PM
Two other interesting mechanics for you to try out (and a possibly good feature for the program) is to:
  • Have it start up when the turtle gets loaded (difficulty: easy)
  • Have it stop dropping and getting items when the turtle receives a redstone signal at the back. (difficulty: medium)
Keep it up!
xInDiGo #3
Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

if somebody already has a startup script on the turtle wouldn't they get errors trying to use it? for instance your mlg script has a startup
Bubba #4
Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

if somebody already has a startup script on the turtle wouldn't they get errors trying to use it? for instance your mlg script has a startup

Edit: Actually thinking about it now, you should just have an optional argument which lets the user install the program as a startup file. Much more elegant.
SpoilerStep 1: Check to see if a startup file exists.
Step 2: If it does, open the file in "append" mode.
Step 3: Insert an empty line
Step 4: Write your own program into the startup file by using long strings ( [[
function test()
print('hi')
print('profit in 3, 2, 1')
end
]])
Step 5: Profit???

Not the most elegant perhaps, but useable. Oh and as a side note… If they're using their turtle as a hopper I find it unlikely that they'd have a startup on there anyway :)/>