This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
theoriginalbit's profile picture

Forum Section Renames

Started by theoriginalbit, 16 January 2013 - 04:57 PM
theoriginalbit #1
Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:57 PM
I feel that "Bugs" and "Suggestions" need to be renamed to say "Mod Bugs" and "Mod Suggestions" respectively… There has been a more and more increasing number of people posting requests for programs and code in "Suggestions", when they should be in "General" and bugs in their code in "Bugs" when they should be in "Ask a Pro"

Thoughts?
Dlcruz129 #2
Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:40 PM
Seems like a good idea…

Off-Topic: Congrats, Mr. Request Your Own Title!
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:55 PM
Thanx… can figure out how to request it though… I think they have removed it :/
Dlcruz129 #4
Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:11 AM
Thanx… can figure out how to request it though… I think they have removed it :/

I'd assume you would just PM Cloudy.
KaoS #5
Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:07 AM
I PMd Cruor and he sorted it out for me nice 'n fast :)/> (thanks Cruor). it seems the only way to get a custom title is a moderator setting it for you. I have checked the profile section and you cannot change it there so basically just check which moderator is on and ask them
theoriginalbit #6
Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:13 AM
So back to topic, what to any mods or Cloudy think about this suggestion?
Lyqyd #7
Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:27 AM
I don't see a rename as being necessary, but perhaps an updated description for the two sections would help.
theoriginalbit #8
Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:33 AM
Yeh maybe even that… but I feel something needs to be done to address the issue…
Bubba #9
Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:41 AM
I sometimes feel like people temporarily forget how to read when they decide to ask questions. In their eyes all the forum titles become "POST YOUR QUESTION HERE!11!". I agree with perhaps clarifying the names more or giving them a better description but I'm not sure that such will have any effect.
theoriginalbit #10
Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:03 AM
I sometimes feel like people temporarily forget how to read when they decide to ask questions. In their eyes all the forum titles become "POST YOUR QUESTION HERE!11!". I agree with perhaps clarifying the names more or giving them a better description but I'm not sure that such will have any effect.
I do feel that changing the two stated in OP in that way would be best, but it all we get is a description change, then we accept what we get…
theoriginalbit #11
Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:02 AM
but perhaps an updated description for the two sections would help.
So is this still the case? :P/> never seemed to happen.
Granted we don't get many over time, but we did have another person today ask for a program in the suggestions section.
Lyqyd #12
Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:37 PM
It'd be handy, but it is, of course, up to the administrative team to decide. I haven't heard anything suggesting that they're wanting to change them yet.
Lyqyd #13
Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:00 PM
Done and done. Thank AfterLifeLochie next time you see him! Locked.