This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Cranium's profile picture

[REQUEST] Make me a logo!

Started by Cranium, 17 January 2013 - 07:05 AM
Cranium #1
Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:05 AM
While writing SmartPaste 2.0, I noticed a HUGE empty space, and I think I need to take advantage of that. I had made a simple logo, but it was way too…..unrefined. I tried to copy the Pastebin logo:

But that didn't look so good…..

So my request is for someone to make a better logo. Height limit is 16 pixels, and width is as big as you can put in the computer.
remiX #2
Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:10 AM
Where does the logo get printed in terms of the program? Beginning?
Cranium #3
Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:12 AM
During a main menu screen. Picture:
zekesonxx #4
Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:07 PM
How is this? (Sorry, I can't screenshot)
Cranium #5
Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:17 PM
How is this? (Sorry, I can't screenshot)
Hmm, it's a little small, and it doesn't really fit well with the overall scheme. Here's your result:
zekesonxx #6
Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:20 PM
It's designed to be tiled. I guess I didn't make it quite big enough.
Cranium #7
Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:24 PM
I could make that bigger, but I think I need an actual logo instead of a background. I need something that would be recognized as being for SmartPaste.
1lann #8
Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:34 PM
Here's my attempt
http://pastebin.com/tvjgkthw
theoriginalbit #9
Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:54 PM
design 1: http://pastebin.com/MM6myfe8

design 2: check back in about 5 mins Was trying to make a brain, like your display pic, but it looked too much like a butt all the time, so I now only have 1 design. :P/>
Edited on 17 January 2013 - 11:12 PM
remiX #10
Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

That one is pretty clever :P/>
theoriginalbit #11
Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:40 AM
Thanx :)/> that there is the best that my graphics work gets :P/> It seems the less pixels I'm given ( to a point ) the better my images can get coz less detail is expected :P/>
Cranium #12
Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:37 AM
I do like that a lot. The trash can looks really good. However, I don't know what it has to do with SmartPaste. I might do something with part of 1Lann's and part of yours.
theoriginalbit #13
Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:48 AM
I do like that a lot. The trash can looks really good. However, I don't know what it has to do with SmartPaste. I might do something with part of 1Lann's and part of yours.
Well that's why I was trying to do a brain, but there was just no real easy way of doing it…. And it does have to do with SmartPaste…. pasteBIN :P/>
Cranium #14
Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:45 AM
Oh, usually when people say bin, I think of a plastic box to throw nicknacks in. You aussies and brits always have strange terms… :P/>
On another note, my roommate made a logo that looks pretty neat.

What do you guys think? I think it looks pretty good.
Can anyone beat that?
theoriginalbit #15
Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:55 AM
Oh, usually when people say bin, I think of a plastic box to throw nicknacks in. You aussies and brits always have strange terms… :P/>
What ARE you talking about… its you Americans that can't handle being the same as the rest of the world and change English to suit yourself… Oh and imperial system whats with that :P/> seriously get with metric… :P/> oh and and aluminum… no its aluminium look it up on the periodic table :P/>

That looks cool :)/> I don't really think I could beat it…
Cranium #16
Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:21 PM
What ARE you talking about… its you Americans that can't handle being the same as the rest of the world and change English to suit yourself… Oh and imperial system whats with that :P/> seriously get with metric… :P/> oh and and aluminum… no its aluminium look it up on the periodic table :P/>

That looks cool :)/> I don't really think I could beat it…
  1. I like how Americans talk
  2. I agree on the imperial system, since it's more accurate in science
  3. You will NEVER see pure aluminium in household applicattions, so ALUMINUM is just fine to say…
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #17
Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:17 PM
  1. I like how Americans talk
  2. I agree on the imperial system, since it's more accurate in science
  3. You will NEVER see pure aluminium in household applicattions, so ALUMINUM is just fine to say…
  1. I was thinking about "color" and "neighbor" and "sulfur" (okay, maybe not the last one)
  2. You "agree on the imperial system"? That could've been phrased better… It sounds like you're one of those d*cks who thinks imperial is somehow better1 or something.
  3. I've never seen pure anything, so I'm gonna call stuff what I like. Iron? This isn't pure. It's Fwuierhjddxr-725m.

1Once, I saw on a YouTube comment, this guy was like (talking about how metric uses multiples of 10, 100, etc) "durr, imperial system is better cuz it's advanced mathematics, durr".
theoriginalbit #18
Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:21 PM
  1. I was thinking about "color" and "neighbor" and "sulfur" (okay, maybe not the last one)
  2. You "agree on the imperial system"? That could've been phrased better… It sounds like you're one of those d*cks who thinks imperial is somehow better1 or something.
  3. I've never seen pure anything, so I'm gonna call stuff what I like. Iron? This isn't pure. It's Fwuierhjddxr-725m.
1Once, I saw on a YouTube comment, this guy was like (talking about how metric uses multiples of 10, 100, etc) "durr, imperial system is better cuz it's advanced mathematics, durr".
And that is why I like you as a person.
Dlcruz129 #19
Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:34 PM
Can we please stop fighting about America and Britain? Does anyone want the 5,000th war between America and Britain? :P/>
TipTricky #20
Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:49 PM
How did this go from a logo thread to a battle of the countries? lol forums are hilarious
Cranium #21
Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:50 PM
Indeed, is there anyone who can make me a better logo?
remiX #22
Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:57 PM
On another note, my roommate made a logo that looks pretty neat.

What do you guys think? I think it looks pretty good.
Can anyone beat that?

I thought you wanted one to fit the entire empty space (black) :P/>

ps, go SA! :P/>
theoriginalbit #23
Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:01 PM
How did this go from a logo thread to a battle of the countries? lol forums are hilarious
Trash Can / Bin
American / English
Cranium #24
Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:03 PM
Well, I was looking for a logo, not so much a background.
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #25
Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:56 PM
Can we please stop fighting about America and Britain?
*United States of America
*Rest of English-speaking world

On a relevant note, how does it look if you take that S/P thing and put it inside the … white thing and move/resize the down arrow?
Cranium #26
Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:16 PM
On a relevant note, how does it look if you take that S/P thing and put it inside the … white thing and move/resize the down arrow?
Not sure how you mean?
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #27
Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:03 PM
Not sure how you mean?
I mean sort of like

Having just a massive green arrow inside that "white thing" seems a little… empty.
D3matt #28
Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:08 PM
Can we please stop fighting about America and Britain?
*United States of America
*Rest of English-speaking world

Sorry, but that's simply not true. The vast majority of the world speaks American english, not british english.
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #29
Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:26 PM
Sorry, but that's simply not true. The vast majority of the world speaks American english, not british english.
A quick Google search reveals (though I have not the time to find official facts) that the majority of Internet opinion is against you.
Google "countries that use american english"
Interesting article,but only Americans use the term British English,in fact all other countries in the world Speak the same English and spell the same as the English and only the Americans are different
More countries, and more people, use English that resembles British English, than use American-based English
Commonwealth English is the most important language variety in Australia, Anguilla, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, the Cook Islands, Dominica, the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guernsey, Ireland, Jamaica, Isle of Man, Jersey, Malta, Montserrat, Nauru, New Zealand, the Pitcairn Islands, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Turks and Caicos Islands and the United Kingdom.
It is widely used, especially by the educated elite and is an officially used language in Botswana, Cameroon, Eritrea, Fiji, the Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, Hong Kong, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, the Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somaliland, South Africa, Southern Sudan, the Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu and Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
It is not an official language, nor the most important language, but is widely used by the educated elite in Brunei, Cyprus and Malaysia.
It is usually the Commonwealth variety of English that tends to be taught in European schools and a widespread and high degree of English fluency has been achieved in such countries as Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland - especially in those under 60.
theoriginalbit #30
Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 PM
Not sure how you mean?
- picture snip -
Having just a massive green arrow inside that "white thing" seems a little… empty.
I quite like that!

- snip -
That too!
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #31
Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:48 PM
I quite like that!
:D/> I was thinking, 'cuz then you'd also have the design for an icon.
That too!
:P/>
Cranium #32
Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:03 AM
I mean sort of like

I make some changes, and I really do like that idea. Here's the new logo:
http://puu.sh/1PKmF
GravityScore #33
Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:28 AM
I mean sort of like

I think it looks good! But, I prefer it with the orange down arrow. Orange has traditionally been used as a universal download symbol color. (well, at least all of the programs I see use an orange download arrow :P/>)
RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely #34
Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:35 PM
I mean sort of like

I think it looks good! But, I prefer it with the orange down arrow. Orange has traditionally been used as a universal download symbol color. (well, at least all of the programs I see use an orange download arrow :P/>)
I usually see green=download, red=upload (FileZilla does it, at least)