This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
yx33a's profile picture

I had a weird idea(Mibbit IRC In Minecraft?)

Started by yx33a, 25 March 2012 - 04:58 PM
yx33a #1
Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:58 PM
I have lurked for a little while, but I had a idea which demanded I make a account.
I keep seeing programs which allow you to access data on the internet from minecraft. How possible would it be to set up a actual IRC client for Minecraft? You could join actual chat rooms and talk with actual people(who aren't in minecraft).
This would be pretty freaking awesome in my mind, since I could chat with friends while waiting for my energy collecters from EE to build up enough power to make another lump of dark matter. I could enter #Risucraft for help with how much of what I need to start up a basic IndustrialCraft setup(generator, some cables, batbox, extractor, macerator, electric furnace), or chat about bee breeding in Forestry and find out about specfic bees which have what/do what.

I doubt it'd be easy on Minecraft to run such a program, this idea seems to fill my mind.
ComputerCraftFan11 #2
Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:35 PM
I have lurked for a little while, but I had a idea which demanded I make a account.
I keep seeing programs which allow you to access data on the internet from minecraft. How possible would it be to set up a actual IRC client for Minecraft? You could join actual chat rooms and talk with actual people(who aren't in minecraft).
This would be pretty freaking awesome in my mind, since I could chat with friends while waiting for my energy collecters from EE to build up enough power to make another lump of dark matter. I could enter #Risucraft for help with how much of what I need to start up a basic IndustrialCraft setup(generator, some cables, batbox, extractor, macerator, electric furnace), or chat about bee breeding in Forestry and find out about specfic bees which have what/do what.

I doubt it'd be easy on Minecraft to run such a program, this idea seems to fill my mind.

With the IRC, you can use a website to send and gather data and minecraft receives it with the http API.L
Wolvan #3
Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:14 PM
What's the protocol of IRC? Textbased?
yx33a #4
Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:56 PM
You can post links, but other then that, it's all text. I'd just ignore the URLs since they would be hard actually really use. I mean, you can send urls to anything.
Casper7526 #5
Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:01 PM
Peripherals make this extremely easy I've already proven it :(/>/>
Wolvan #6
Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:58 PM
Peripherals make this extremely easy I've already proven it :o/>/>
Do you mean with your CIRC? Yeah it works great