This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
theoriginalbit's profile picture

[Beta] Cctube

Started by theoriginalbit, 20 January 2013 - 10:12 PM
theoriginalbit #1
Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:12 PM
This thread is closed in favour of merging to a single, easier to manage, thread and website

Spoiler

CCTube

v1.0.1 BETA

Introducing for your entertainment, CCTube a video player for Lightshot (By GravityScore) movies!

Features
Spoilerv1.0 BETA:
  • Plays Lightshot movies from off the local computer
  • Simple layout
  • Simple to use
  • Colors!
  • No virus' concerns! It won't play anything except Lightshot movies!
Coming Soon:
  • http and https playback ( Requires HTTP API to be enabled )
  • On-screen Playback Controls
  • Video demo inside LightTube to demonstrate usage
  • Monitor Support
  • History — It will remember where you have been
  • + more!

Usage
SpoilerTo play a local file you must prefix the files path with "local://" in the url bar… if you do not it will try to go to the internet and this is not yet implemented… example usage
local://documents/videos/myAwesomeRecording

Screenshots (require updating)
Spoiler

Change Log
Spoilerv1.0.2
  • Security patch: malicious code scanner is now more intelligent and should detect all unintended code in your Lightshot videos ( Thanks to GravityScore for the help figuring this one out )
v1.0.1
  • Bugfix: Clicking URL bar elements will no longer crash the program…
v1.0
  • Initial release

Download the code here
Or in-game using
pastebin get NCUuKgtY CCTube

Keep up-to-date with the latest commit ( be warned sometimes they break BADLY ) here

Bug reporting here ( if you post them on this topic I will NOT fix them, want it fixed, use the proper channels )
If you do not have a GitHub account I have created one for bug reporting
Username: bug-reporting-guest
Password: theoriginalbit1
( if you abuse this account it WILL be removed by me, it is here for reporting issues! )
Edited on 24 January 2013 - 11:05 PM
GravityScore #2
Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! It's finally here!!!!!!!!

:D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/>

EDIT: :(/> no controls yet, nor HTTP support :(/> Nah it's ok. I love it so far!
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:38 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! It's finally here!!!!!!!!

:D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/>

EDIT: :(/> no controls yet, nor HTTP support :(/> Nah it's ok. I love it so far!

I know, I figured I'd release a semi-functional so that ppl knew about it :)/>

For context for everyone, GavityScore knew about this about a week ago when he checked my file validation to make sure virus' cannot run in the video player…
LDShadowLord #4
Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 AM
Hmmm, time to add this to the CCUEssentials Package! :)/>
theoriginalbit #5
Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:51 AM
Hmmm, time to add this to the CCUEssentials Package! :)/>
:D/>
Skullblade #6
Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:52 AM
So what exactly does it do right now? I'm kind of confused since light shot videos can play themselves…is this the platform and it will do stuff in the future?
GravityScore #7
Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:12 AM
So what exactly does it do right now? I'm kind of confused since light shot videos can play themselves…is this the platform and it will do stuff in the future?

It's only beta version at the moment, with not many features, but it will be basically like YouTube, where you can share your videos over HTTP, and pause, play, fast forward, and reverse videos. You will also be able to upload, download, search, and do other things that YouTube allows you to.

I also hope we get channels and are able to follow people, like a social network :D/>

Feel free to correct me on this TheOriginalBIT :P/>
Skullblade #8
Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:20 AM
Ok thx GravityScore, so right now its basically just a platform that will be built off of in the future…I cant wait to see the next version :)/>

EDIT:Why do you have to post the bugs somewhere else? I don't have a git hub account(I should get 1) and it makes things harder

EDIT2:I posted a bug:D
theoriginalbit #9
Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

It's only beta version at the moment, with not many features, but it will be basically like YouTube, where you can share your videos over HTTP, and pause, play, fast forward, and reverse videos. You will also be able to upload, download, search, and do other things that YouTube allows you to.

I also hope we get channels and are able to follow people, like a social network :D/>/>

Feel free to correct me on this TheOriginalBIT :P/>/>
Long term yeh that's about it… Short term pretty much everything before that last sentence in that first paragraph will be implemented fairly quick. It's the upload, search and channels that will be that hard bit.

I'm not too sure about the following people though. Maybe some kind of commenting system. Idk maybe… We will see…
theoriginalbit #10
Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:28 AM
EDIT:Why do you have to post the bugs somewhere else? I don't have a git hub account(I should get 1) and it makes things harder

EDIT2:I posted a bug:D
Thanx :)/> I got an email that you did :D/>

And that's 1 reason why, I get notified. The second reason is I have tracking. 3rd reason is I don't want to have to potentially sift through heaps of posts to see what I need to fix and what I have already fixed. Last reason, it is easy for me AND others to quickly see what's wrong and it will hopefully prevent double posters of bugs…

Pretty sure you don't need a Github to post a bug…
Exerro #11
Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:59 AM
omg if everyone makes their videos in the same format as a light shot video then it would be possible to make a proper youtube thing with a social network…we should get all advanced programmers on the forums to input code into it
theoriginalbit #12
Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:34 AM
omg if everyone makes their videos in the same format as a light shot video then it would be possible to make a proper youtube thing with a social network…
Again not too sure about the social network thing. If its done it will be much later down the track. But a commenting system would be implemented.
theoriginalbit #13
Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:51 PM
Patch
v1.0.1

Fixed:
Clicking the URL bar buttons will no longer crash the program — Thanks Skullblade

Broke:
The url bar cursor no longer flashes :@
NeverCast #14
Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:32 PM
Fixed:

Broke:

Did someone just do a Mojang! :D/>

Looks excellent! Very nice!
Got file specifications on the format used? Considered compression yet? How does one create a LightShot movie?

Edit: Just realised that LightShot is Gravity Score's, My bad ^_^/> I'll bother him about formats etc :P/>
Skullblade #15
Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:44 PM
yay i was thanked :P/>
theoriginalbit #16
Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:54 PM
Did someone just do a Mojang! :D/>/>
Yes I did :(/>/> but I figure a small UI bug vs a bug that crashes just from use was a good trade off :P/>/>

Looks excellent! Very nice!
Got file specifications on the format used? Considered compression yet? How does one create a LightShot movie?

Edit: Just realised that LightShot is Gravity Score's, My bad ^_^/>/> I'll bother him about formats etc :P/>/>
Thanx :)/>/>
Yeh go bother him :P/>/> nah seriously tho the easiest way to make a video is to record it with Lightshot.

yay i was thanked :P/>
Yes you did, it's called a reward system :P/>
Skullblade #17
Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:13 AM
ummm BIT did you update the pastebin and gethub? because I'm still getting the same errors
Dlcruz129 #18
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:13 AM
Now just upload this to FireWolf!
theoriginalbit #19
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 AM
ummm BIT did you update the pastebin and gethub? because I'm still getting the same errors
Oh yeh pastebin…….. Lol oops… For future reference the easiest way to know is I have version numbers at the top of the file…
Skullblade #20
Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:51 AM
oooh srry
theoriginalbit #21
Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:03 AM
oooh srry
Haha thats alright… the pastebin is updated now :)/>
Skullblade #22
Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 PM
yay :D/> nothing better then pastebin for a lazy soal :D/>
theoriginalbit #23
Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:05 PM
Why do you have to post the bugs somewhere else? I don't have a git hub account(I should get 1) and it makes things harder
Also I forgot to mention, its only while its in BETA… when it goes release there will be a different method of bug reporting… :)/>
Skullblade #24
Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:52 PM
What would the new method be and why would you change it?
theoriginalbit #25
Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:04 PM
What would the new method be and why would you change it?
Feedback section + Optional Bug Reporter runtime arg ( something like "lighttube -bug" ) … i think it should be self-explanatory why
Shnupbups #26
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:08 PM
ERRMAHGERD THERS ERS ERSUM!!!!
(Trollese - English Translation: Oh my god! This is AWESOME!)
Can't wait 'til it has the HTTP support! Also, maybe a GUI if you… idk, switch to a 'simple' mode?
theoriginalbit #27
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:11 PM
ERRMAHGERD THERS ERS ERSUM!!!!
(Trollese - English Translation: Oh my god! This is AWESOME!)
Can't wait 'til it has the HTTP support! Also, maybe a GUI if you… idk, switch to a 'simple' mode?
:D/> thanx :)/> … I'm not sure if i get you, please explain more on the 'simple' mode…
theoriginalbit #28
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:15 PM
Patch
v1.0.2

Fixed:
Security — Malicious code detection is now more intelligent! — Thanks to GravityScore for the help with the new search pattern :)/>

Broke:
NOTHIN! :D/> :D/> :D/> <— These are the updates/patches I like! ;)/>

Note for Skullblade:
Yes the pastebin has been updated this time ;)/> :P/>
NeverCast #29
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:23 PM
I want to clone this with a more refined format.. hmm

Hope you don't mind ^_^/>
I think there have been several occasions I've created something that you have just after you did.. I should really start coming up with my own ideas.
theoriginalbit #30
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:27 PM
I want to clone this with a more refined format.. hmm

Hope you don't mind ^_^/>
I'm doing a full rewrite atm… fixing all the GUIs… if thats what you mean by refined… And I will mind if you type quicker and am more motivated than I… I won't decline contributors tho :P/>

I think there have been several occasions I've created something that you have just after you did.. I should really start coming up with my own ideas.
What else? o.O
NeverCast #31
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:29 PM
Minesweeper was yours was it not? :P/>

Edit: WAII– I can contribute to your project? O.o NO WAI! Cool (:
theoriginalbit #32
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:31 PM
Minesweeper was yours was it not? :P/>
Nope not me :P/>

Edit: WAII– I can contribute to your project? O.o NO WAI! Cool (:
Yeh through 1 of 2 ways… I can add you as a collaborator in GitHub or you can click edit and it does a pull request… Both require a GitHub account I believe…
NeverCast #33
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:00 PM
I have a Github, I'm nevercast!
I'm NeverCast everywhere except for when I'm not :D/>

and maybe Minesweeper was Gopher's lol…
Either way, I'm not very creative when it comes to ideas. I just code, no imagination.
theoriginalbit #34
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:02 PM
and maybe Minesweeper was Gopher's lol…
Either way, I'm not very creative when it comes to ideas. I just code, no imagination.
Haha…. yeh its was GopherAlt's

I have a Github, I'm nevercast!
I'm NeverCast everywhere except for when I'm not :D/>
I'm assuming this means you want me to add you as a collab? :P/>
NeverCast #35
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:10 PM
yes Please ^_^/>
Mrrraou #36
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:17 PM
Why LightTube doesn't works for me ? :'(
I type "local://myvideo" and I have clicked on all buttons but nothing works :(/>
The file myvideo is a LightShot movie
theoriginalbit #37
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:19 PM
I type "local://myvideo" and I have clicked on all buttons but nothing works :(/>
the file "myvideo" is in the root path? if not you have to provide the absolute path ( this will be fixed in the next version )… pressing enter or clicking the green button should activate the movie…
NeverCast #38
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:28 PM
the file "myvideo" is in the root path? if not you have to provide the absolute path ( this will be fixed in the next version )… pressing enter or clicking the green button should activate the movie…

I'll fix it :D/>
theoriginalbit #39
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:34 PM
yes Please ^_^/>
I'll add you in a minute :)/> (just incase you don't know) when I do, don't touch the clean unless its a release, modify the dirty…

I'll fix it :D/>
You don't even know what the problem is yet :P/>
theoriginalbit #40
Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:18 PM
Progress Update Time:

As of last night the poll was showing most people wanted a new GUI. Well you all suck and now the votes are tied! However we going to take last nights as the final one and improve the GUI. This means that we will be changing our development focus over to the graphics API in order to make a better experience for this, so expect the updates to not come in as quickly while we are working on the GUI through developing an API first. Don't worry patches will still come out to fix bugs when found ;)/> once that is done it should be nice quick and easy to start updating LightTube again.

Regards,

LightTube Development Team
theoriginalbit #41
Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:18 PM
The problem has been discovered. I will have a talk to GravityScore and attempt to get it fixed… its a bit of a bug on both ends…

I have patched the button click problem, but the other problem will take a little longer, have to change some logic in my file validation.

github and pastebin updated
theoriginalbit #42
Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:03 PM
Renaming project to CCTube… more details will come later as to why :)/>
Cranium #43
Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:05 PM
At least it's not redtube…..
theoriginalbit #44
Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:07 PM
At least it's not redtube…..
Ok … clearly it isn't … never has been … never will be, unless someone manages to make an ascii video that plays in it …
Cranium #45
Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:36 PM
Anyway, a whole two posts is MORE than enough about that topic.
theoriginalbit #46
Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:38 PM
Anyway, a whole two posts is MORE than enough about that topic.
You started the topic… not me :P/>
Cranium #47
Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:05 PM
Yup, and I regretted it instantly. :wacko:/>
theoriginalbit #48
Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:13 PM
Yup, and I regretted it instantly. :wacko:/>
Lol lets put it down to its late and your tired :P/>
AfterLifeLochie #49
Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:46 AM
Locked by request.