This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Mrrraou's profile picture

RemoteAComputer v1.1 - Remote your computers and see their screens !

Started by Mrrraou, 21 January 2013 - 10:47 PM
Mrrraou #1
Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:47 PM
RemoteAComputer V1.1

Hello ! I make a program can remote a computer (advanced or normal) and show this screen on your screen!

Are you french ? If yes, open the spoiler ! / Êtes-vous français ? Si oui, ouvrez le spoiler !

SpoilerBonjour ! J'ai crée un programme qui permet de contrôler à distance un ordinateur [acronym='ComputerCraft']CC[/acronym] (avancé ou normal) et de voir son écran sur le vôtre !

Comment l'utiliser:

1. Téléchargez le programme:

pastebin get p6ya0Ysd remote
2. Lancez le serveur en premier:

remote server <ID de l'ordinateur CC qui va contrôler> [programme à lancer à la place du shell + arguments]
3. Retéléchargez le programme sur le client:

4. Démarrez le client:

remote client <ID de l'ordinateur qui va Être contrôlé>
5. Utilisez le programme !

Vous pouvez l'utiliser pour votre OS sans aucun souci (affichez moi juste dans les crédits!) :)/>
Astuce: Lancer le programme au démarrage:
1. Taper:

edit startup
2. Puis taper:

shell.run("remote","<arguments>")
3. Sauvegardez et redémarrez!

Bugs connus:
  • Quand vous arrÊtez ou redémarrez le serveur, l'ordinateur CC qui contrôle ne fait rien et ne voit rien de l'autre écran. Vous devez alors redémarrer cet ordinateur.
  • Quand vous contrôlez un ordinateur CC avancé sur un ordinateur CC normal, le programme plante sur l'ordinateur CC normal.
  • Quand vous lancez deux fois ou plus le serveur sur le mÊme ordinateur pour le mÊme ordinateur CC qui va contrôler, le texte sera répété plusieurs fois..
  • Quand vous contrôlez un ordinateur CC normal sur un ordinateur CC avancé, les évènements liés à la souris sont envoyés sur l'ordinateur CC normal et fonctionnent.

How to use:

1. Download the program:

2. Start the server first:

remote server <ID of remote computer> [program to start instead of the shell + args]
3. Download the program on the client:

4. Start the client:

remote client <remote server computer id>
5. Enjoy !

You can use it for your OS without problems ! (just display me in the credits! :)/>)

Known issues:
  • When you shutdown or reboot the server, the remote can do nothing and see nothing. You will reboot the remote computer.
  • When you remote a advanced computer on a basic computer, the program crashes on the remote.
  • When you try to start two times or more the server on the same computer for the same remote, you will see some big bugs.
  • When you remote a basic computer on a advanced computer, the mouse events works on the basic computer while this basic computer is remoted (it get mouse events from the remote).
Sorry for my english, I am french and I'm eleven :unsure:/>
It's my first program, submit bugs if you found a bug :)/>
Guizmus #2
Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:07 AM
Hey !

First of all, congratulations on making such a program ! I can see where it could be usefull, and i'm gonna try it tonight

Second, your english is rather good, don't bother…

And last, WOW, I mean WOOOOOW, this is ambitious and quite well done ! I'm not sure I would have been able to do that at 10y.o. ^^

Et en italique vu que c'est pas Anglais, bon boulot, ça a l'air solide ! Et bon annif en avance ;)/>
JustPingo #3
Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:28 AM
I'm French too xD

Awesome ! It will very cool to help other peoples on your server, if they are far (and connected) or for a school.
The final issue is not a bug, it's pretty cool !

Magnifique ! Ca va être vraiment bien pour aider les autres gens sur son serveur s'ils sont loin (et connectés) ou pour une école.
La dernière erreur n'en est pas une ! C'est super cool !
Patriotisme xD.
Mrrraou #4
Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Merci beaucoup des réponses positives! Je n'ai vu personne le faire alors je me suis dit d'en faire un (edit: le type de programme pour voir l'écran d'un autre ordinateur CC) :)/>
Je peux pas vraiment faire de screens on ne verrait pas de différence ^_^/>
Mais je peux faire une vidéo (si je rame pas trop avec tous les mods que j'ai :wacko:/>)
Je referais le post en français pour les francophones Fait :lol:/>
Skullblade #5
Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:44 AM
that is quite interesting that you are able to get a normal computer to accept mouse clicks…..quite interesting
Lyqyd #6
Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:34 AM
This looks as if it would be similar to nsh, if a little less refined. Good job!
Mrrraou #7
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:48 AM
This looks as if it would be similar to nsh, if a little less refined. Good job!
I don't used nsh to make this ;p When I've started to make this program I did not know that nsh exists ^^ Thanks :)/>
I've started with nothing and I maked all of my code ;)/>
PS: I've wanted to test nsh, but it does nothing, how it works ? :s
GravityScore #8
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:52 AM
Really good first program! Looks very good so far, and no bugs!

Nice work!

P.S Happy Birthday :D/>
Mrrraou #9
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:07 AM
Really good first program! Looks very good so far, and no bugs!

Nice work!

P.S Happy Birthday :D/>

Thanks :)/> I've used Firewolf 2.3.6 (a little bit modified for it will work without internet ^^) for check if my program works :)/>
My program works very nice with Firewolf :)/>

Next step: add an API to my program :D/>
Lyqyd #10
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:31 AM
I don't used nsh to make this ;p When I've started to make this program I did not know that nsh exists ^^ Thanks :)/>/>
I've started with nothing and I maked all of my code ;)/>/>

What does nsh do when you try to connect to the host machine? If it connects successfully, the screen should clear and you should see a shell prompt, which is actually on the remote computer, which might be why it looks like nothing happens. If you type exit then, it would clear the screen and print something like, "Connection closed by server" at the top. Hope that helps!
TheOddByte #11
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:36 AM
Nice Program! :)/>
And Happy Birthday!
Mrrraou #12
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:40 AM
I don't used nsh to make this ;p When I've started to make this program I did not know that nsh exists ^^ Thanks :)/>/>
I've started with nothing and I maked all of my code ;)/>/>

What does nsh do when you try to connect to the host machine? If it connects successfully, the screen should clear and you should see a shell prompt, which is actually on the remote computer, which might be why it looks like nothing happens. If you type exit then, it would clear the screen and print something like, "Connection closed by server" at the top. Hope that helps!

But I don't see the program running on the host, I just see the shell program :/

And Happy Birthday!

Lyqyd #13
Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:47 AM
Yep, it spawns a local shell as well, so the computer can still be used while it is an nsh host. :)/>/>
GravityScore #14
Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:19 AM
Thanks :)/> I've used Firewolf 2.3.6 (a little bit modified for it will work without internet ^^) for check if my program works :)/>
My program works very nice with Firewolf :)/>

Next step: add an API to my program :D/>

Good idea! I could allow people to use it without internet! I'm bored right now, so I'll do it now.
anonimo182 #15
Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:51 AM
Nice birthday/program!
Mrrraou #16
Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Good idea! I could allow people to use it without internet! I'm bored right now, so I'll do it now.

Thanks! It was very useful because I don't have always Internet to my computer :D/>
And it's because I love using Firewolf :)/>

Nice birthday/program!

Yep, it spawns a local shell as well, so the computer can still be used while it is an nsh host. :)/>/>

You can also still use the computer with RemoteAComputer Server started and remoted ;)/>
superaxander #17
Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:55 AM
+1
Mrrraou #18
Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:11 AM
+1

For? :)/>
superaxander #19
Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:31 AM
The program
Mrrraou #20
Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

mibac138 #21
Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:37 AM
And Happy Birthday!
Mrrraou #22
Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:58 PM
And Happy Birthday!

masterdisasterHD #23
Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:06 AM
I am enjoying the program so far, keep on making cool stuff :D/>
Mrrraou #24
Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:58 AM
Azhf #25
Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:07 AM
Err… Didn't Sphexish make something almost exactly like this last night? What would the difference be?
masterdisasterHD #26
Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:48 AM
Err… Didn't Sphexish make something almost exactly like this last night? What would the difference be?

The difference is the date because this one was created before "last night"
Divide_By_0 #27
Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:18 PM
Not bad dude, I translated your Spoiler, Google Chrome FTW
TheOddByte #28
Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:14 PM
When I have looked at this I thought of creating a cc rat and controll others pc's against their will xD
Dave-ee Jones #29
Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:12 PM
Awesome! I had a good idea with this program you made! You place the server next to a massive monitor. Then you put the client somewhere near it. You install the programs and BOOM. Instant Remote Controlled monitor! :D/> Brilliant for lessons, etc.

Love the work, mate! Keep it up. :D/> And congrats for creating an awesome program.
Divide_By_0 #30
Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:41 AM
Hey, maybe a startup file that will automaticlly renable your Server so it will allow remote at all times, so a Decidacated Machine for remote contact could be made..
Mrrraou #31
Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:15 PM
Update 1.1!
- You can run a program instead of the shell !
- 2 in 1 ! (server + client)
- Minor bugs correction.
A very small update ^_^/>
Mrrraou #32
Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:53 AM
Pastebin code corrected !
Sorry for double post…
ETHANATOR360 #33
Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:17 PM
great job +1
JustPingo #34
Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:28 PM
Still powerful.
I used this to teach Lua to 5 peoples in the same time on my server, it's the most simple way to do this ;)/>

Toujours aussi puissant.
Je l'ai utilisé pour apprendre le Lua à 5 personnes en même temps sur mon serveur, c'est bien le moyen le plus simple pour le faire ;)/>
Mrrraou #35
Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:13 PM
Thanks :)/> I think I will add multi-clients support + lesson mode (you can't remote, just see !)
EDIT: Correction of a error in my sentence ! ^^