This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ArcaniX5696's profile picture

[Split] Logistics Pipe Question

Started by ArcaniX5696, 24 January 2013 - 07:30 AM
ArcaniX5696 #1
Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:30 AM
** Unavoidable Hijack **
I must apologize up front. I wanted to post this as it's own question, but apparently I'm not allowed to post new threads? I get that I'm new around here, but how am I supposed to "get in the pool" if I'm not allowed to ask a question? =)

I've search fairly hard on this forum (and the wiki) to find anyone had built anything for interfacing with Logistics Pipes. I have a fair-sized "auto-crafting/storage warehouse" run by Logistics Pipes, which is being (almost) continuously fed by Quarries. Every once in a while, I will let the quarries wind down and just run off what's in storage, but keep running out of key basic resources as I RARELY go into the actual chests anymore (all done through Requester MK2's), and with 60+ autocrafting tables in place, I'm rarely even requesting the raw materials, and never see what those inventory levels are.

Since CC can access Logistics Pipes via API, I'm now working on a system that will retain a list of "target" items (by ID) and, by querying an attached request pipe, post a "dashboard" of "<name>: Qty" to an attached monitor. This way, I can see at a glance upon entering my warehouse what key stock levels are.

Has anyone else seen/built something like this before that I can perhaps leverage against? It's skeleton code right now, but I've made it far enough to query the request pipe for ALL of it's contents and display it; just need to add the "filtering" capability.

Also, can anyone explain why I had to hijack a thread to post this, and maybe help me out by "Un-Hijacking" this thread and moving this post to it's own thread?
ArcaniX5696 #2
Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:48 AM
Thanks for un-hijacking this from the "Ideas" thread! =)
Lyqyd #3
Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:48 AM
Split. As an anti-spam measure, new accounts are unable to post new topics for a time, which I have heard secondhand is approximately three days.
ArcaniX5696 #4
Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:57 AM
Just an update: I've been driving forward with this code and may very well have a Program to share in the coming days.

So far, the code to initialize the system (search sides &amp; attach a Monitor and Logistics Request Pipe, failing init if either not found) is in place, as well as the main message pump (os.pullEvent()) to process the terminal control/input while running the dashboard on the monitor simultaneously. Once running, the dashboard currently just retrieves and attempts to display all items from RequestPipe.getAvailableItems().

Next Steps:
  • Implement an internal (configurable) list of items to be displayed from the inventory
  • Restrict Dashboard output to items contained in list
  • Develop rudimentary GUI to run on the terminal and allow the user to update/maintain the target list of items to be displayed.
Any other ideas for me? :)/>