This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Novicode's profile picture

Can't change email/password

Started by Novicode, 28 January 2013 - 12:59 AM
Novicode #1
Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:59 AM
Whenever I try changing my password (I just got it reset because my old password didn't work/my account was hacked), It says I need to fill in the entire form, even though the top box only says you need to change whats needed. When I fill in the entire form, I says the email's already in use (I don't want to change my email). Either way, I can change my password from the random humble of letters it is now.
AfterLifeLochie #2
Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:09 AM
Yes - only fill in the fields you want to change - and repeat your current password at the bottom. The other fields are not required unless you want to change them.
NeverCast #3
Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:02 AM
I was getting this too actually, and I may have been tired at the time but I'm no idiot.
Novicode, Try logging out and back in. Some reason it doesn't seem to work if you've just done a recovery.
Novicode #4
Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:37 AM
Forgetting about it, I logged in on a different computer using my old password and it logged me in. It must have changed, despite the error.
Cranium #5
Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:53 AM
I think that may be due to an issue with the forum software not working well with the cached information it's supposed to store. I know when I sometimes log into the mobile version, and then switch to my computer, the forum will still be in mobile format when I log in on my computer.
NeverCast #6
Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 AM
**NeverCast slaps IP.Board around a bit!

You're meant to be enterprise quality!