This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
boongfoot's profile picture

[Question] Is this possible??

Started by boongfoot, 30 January 2013 - 11:26 PM
boongfoot #1
Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:26 AM
title: [Question] Is this possible??

Being as I'm extremely new lua and your great forum just so happens to have this section "ask a pro" I thought I'd have it straight from the horses mouth whether or not what I want to do is possible.

To teach myself things I like to set a project that I can work on along the way, so…

Using Tekkit, which comes with ccSensors as well.

Would I be able to write up an interface for a chest storage system that I can use to call for an item by name, its quantity (be it stored in any chest in the room) and have it transported to a drop zone for myself to collect.

A simple yes or no would be great but if you could throw me some bones to get me started on my way that would be much appreciated :)/>

Thanks in advance.
remiX #2
Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:55 AM
Hmm… This would be possible, yes.

Take a look at this tutorial on how to use ccSensors and check the sample code I made for the Inventory Module.
I didn't include a picture (which I should have) but what it does is list all the items names on the left with their quantity on the right, with the feature to scroll up and down with the arrow keys.

Try it out and if it doesn't work, post here or in the tutorial post for help with what is wrong :)/>
boongfoot #3
Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:57 PM
Cheers man gunna look at it now, thanks for dropping me a lead to get started! :)/>