This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Goof's profile picture

Please help. [question: sending email to mailbox] help? not solved...

Started by Goof, 17 February 2013 - 02:45 AM
Goof #1
Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:45 AM
Hi :D/>

i am making a crash program which prints a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) .. and i want a button to send an email to my mailbox, which contains a table of the error.

Does anyone want to help me making a Email sender program?

Thanks in Advance :D/> ( i dont want you to make a fully program, i just want some tips, how to do it, what to do etc. )

:D/>
remiX #2
Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:42 AM
Do you mean like an e-mail From CC to your email address?
Dlcruz129 #3
Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:49 AM
This would involve knowledge of not only Lua, but PHP as well. You would have to write a PHP script to send you an e-mail, and then use http.post() inside of ComputerCraft. Some great PHP tutorials are available here.
remiX #4
Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:50 AM
This would involve knowledge of not only Lua, but PHP as well. You would have to write a PHP script to send you an e-mail, and then use http.post() inside of ComputerCraft. Some great PHP tutorials are available here.

Yeah that's what I thought he wants.

So do you want something like this for example to send emails from ComputerCraft?
That sample code I quickly put together:
Spoiler
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>

<head>
  <title>Email Me</title>
  <meta name="description" content="website description" />
</head>

<body>
	<h1>Example</h1>
	<p>Test email system</p>
	<?php
		// Set-up these 4 parameters
		// 1. Enter the email address you would like the enquiry sent to
		// 2. Enter the subject of the email you will receive, when someone contacts you
		// 3. Enter the text that you would like the user to see once they submit the contact form
		// 4. Enter the text that the user would see if their form has failed to send.
		$to = 'youremail@address.com';
		$subject = 'Subject of the email';
		$contact_submitted = 'Your message has been sent.';
		$error = 'Please enter your name, a valid email address, your message and the answer to the simple maths question before sending your message.';

// Do not amend anything below here, unless you know PHP
		function SafeDisplay($string) { // function to safe display a variable, otherwise it displays an error
			if(strlen($string) == 0) {
				return '';
			}
			return $string;
		}

function email_is_valid($email) { // function to validate the emails
			return preg_match('/^[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}$/i',$email);
		}

if (!email_is_valid($to)) { // Verifies that the email in the variable '$to' is valid
			echo '<p style="color: red;">You must set-up a valid (to) email address before this contact page will work.</p>';
		}

if (isset($_POST['contact_submitted'])) { // This checks to see if the user has clicked the 'send' button
			$yourname = $_POST['your_name'];
			$youremail = $_POST['your_email'];
			$yourmessage = $_POST['your_message'];

if (email_is_valid($youremail) AND $yourname AND $yourmessage) {
				$message = "Name: ".$yourname."\nEmail: ".$youremail."\n\nMessage:\n".$yourmessage;
				//mail($to,$subject,$message);
				$yourname = '';
				$youremail = '';
				$yourmessage = '';
				echo '<p style="color: green;">'.$contact_submitted.'</p>';
			} else {
				echo '<p style="color: red;">'.$error.'</p>';
			}
		}
	?>
	<form id="contact" action="index.php" method="post">
		<p>Name<br><input class="contact" type="text" name="your_name" placeholder="enter your name here" value="<?php echo SafeDisplay($yourname) ?>" /></p>
		<p>Email Address<br><input class="contact" type="text" name="your_email" placeholder="enter your email here" value="<?php echo SafeDisplay($youremail); ?>" /></p>
		<p>Message<br><textarea class="contact textarea" rows="5" cols="50" name="your_message" placeholder="enter message here"><?php echo SafeDisplay($yourmessage); ?>&lt;textarea></p>
		<p style="padding-top: 15px"><span> </span><input class="submit" type="submit" name="contact_submitted" value="send" /></p>
	</form>
</body>
</html>

I commented out the email part so people can't spam the sample site that I made and it's being hosted by 000webhost.com. If you're planning on doing this sort of thing, I'd suggest on using 000webhost.com to host a website for you.

If you need any help, feel free to ask :P/>
Goof #5
Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:24 AM
Do you mean like an e-mail From CC to your email address?
Yes.

but for your example… What is that. is that the JavaScript for a website, or is it the thing CC has to run?

Sry for late answer.
Exerro #6
Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:27 AM
wow i cant believe they host websites for free! How do you return things to cc? is it by using echo? and how do you input variables/post variables to the site?
remiX #7
Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:32 AM
JavaScript? Nono that's the script you would use to send an email through computercraft.

Example of how to send:

local name = "Mikk809h"
local email = "Mikk809@email.com"
local message = "This is my message"
local website = "http://test-my-php.freeiz.com/index.php/"

local params = string.format("your_name=%s&amp;your_email=%s&amp;your_message=%s&amp;contact_submitted=send", name, email, message) -- substitutes the appropriate variables for each input type for the text boxes on the webpage

local res = http.post(website, params) -- attempts to post it

if res then
	print("Success!")
	local content = res.readAll()
	res.close()
	-- This part you would get the success message using string.find or whatever
else
	print("Failed!")
end

Using that code will send the email to the set $to email within the php page.

It's that simple :D/>
Exerro #8
Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:37 AM
how does the website receive the info though? what tells the website to save certain things as certain variables?

and yay: http://bluetideprograms.netau.net/ Thanks for the example
Goof #9
Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:41 AM
Well.. how do i then upload your test example to the 000webhost.com ??
Exerro #10
Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:42 AM
i just figured it out…have you made an account? if so go to file manager then click new and paste the text in there.
Delete the default.php and rename the one you created to default.php
Goof #11
Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:46 AM
Wait, is that then my "mailBox" ?
Exerro #12
Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:52 AM
Wait, is that then my "mailBox" ?
I think it should forward all the emails to the address you put in the code which is currently 'insert email here' or something
remiX #13
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:04 AM
how does the website receive the info though? what tells the website to save certain things as certain variables?

and yay: http://bluetideprograms.netau.net/ Thanks for the example

Is that with the PHP? :P/> Change

the action="index.php" you need to change to the file name of the contact/email form for it to actually work.
And remove the // from where it has mail($to.. etc) so it will be able to mail it.

Well.. how do i then upload your test example to the 000webhost.com ??

You need to create an account first, then go into the File Manager, delete the default.php file and create a new one, call it index.php and copy the code I gave a few posts above into their and it should work (change the $to variable and remove the // from mail (…) )
Goof #14
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:05 AM
omg… i dont understand this… ( sorry if im stupid ). when i ran the send php script, and typed in my mail, then after a few mins i did go into the mailbox, but i didnt receive any thing.

I created an account… then file manager, deleted default.php made a new default.php with the PHP code from remix, and then ran the website… when i press send with the information, and go to my mailbox nothing is received! :(/>
remiX #15
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:12 AM
omg… i dont understand this… ( sorry if im stupid ). when i ran the send php script, and typed in my mail, then after a few mins i did go into the mailbox, but i didnt receive any thing.

I created an account… then file manager, deleted default.php made a new default.php with the PHP code from remix, and then ran the website… when i press send with the information, and go to my mailbox nothing is received! :(/>

Did you change the $to variable in the php source as well as the action="index.php" part of the form (it needs to be the name of the file it's in).
What's the link?
Goof #16
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:15 AM
Well now i called the php script "index.php" and deleted the default.php.
Then in the index.php i placed your php script, and the code is the following:
http://mikkeland.site11.com/index.php

Spoiler

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>

<head>
  <title>Email Me</title>
</head>

<body>
		<h1>Example</h1>
		<p>Test email system</p>
		<?php
				$to = 'MikkOS@mikkmail.com';
				$subject = 'CrashLog from MikkOS';
				$error = 'Please enter your name, a valid email address, your message and the answer to the simple maths question before sending your message.';

function SafeDisplay($string) { // function to safe display a variable, otherwise it displays an error
								return '';
						}
						return $string;
				}

}

if (!email_is_valid($to)) { // Verifies that the email in the variable '$to' is valid
						echo '<p style="color: red;">You must set-up a valid (to) email address before this contact page will work.</p>';
				}

if (isset($_POST['contact_submitted'])) { // This checks to see if the user has clicked the 'send' button

$message = "Name: ".$yourname."\nEmail: ".$youremail."\n\nMessage:\n".$yourmessage;
								$yourname = '';
								$youremail = '';
								$yourmessage = '';
						} else {
						}
				}
		?>
				<p>Name<br><input class="contact" type="text" name="your_name" placeholder="enter your name here" value="<?php echo SafeDisplay($yourname) ?>" /></p>
				<p>Email Address<br><input class="contact" type="text" name="your_email" placeholder="enter your email here" value="<?php echo SafeDisplay($youremail); ?>" /></p>
				<p>Message<br><textarea class="contact textarea" rows="5" cols="50" name="your_message" placeholder="enter message here"><?php echo SafeDisplay($yourmessage); ?>&lt;textarea></p>
				<p style="padding-top: 15px"><span> </span><input class="submit" type="submit" name="contact_submitted" value="send" /></p>
		</form>
</body>
</html>

is that the right thing i did, or am i wrong,( again :(/> )
remiX #17
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:18 AM
Well, like I said - remove the // from the mail(…) part :P/>

should be
mail($to,$subject,$message);
And then it should work! :D/>

btw… are you trying to send through CC or the actual website?
Goof #18
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:20 AM
actual website. ( its just to test it ) but i still doesnt receive anything( im using the webmail in the roundCube. (created an account)) but WHY! doesnt it work :(/> i feel im so stupid! >:(/>

>:(/> >:(/> >:(/> im stupid!
Exerro #19
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:20 AM
i really want to know how to send and receive info to and from websites with php. I think echo will send info from website to cc but im not sure how to post info to the website and receive it
remiX #20
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:33 AM
actual website. ( its just to test it ) but i still doesnt receive anything( im using the webmail in the roundCube. (created an account)) but WHY! doesnt it work :(/> i feel im so stupid! > :(/>

> :(/> > :(/> > :(/> im stupid!

webmail in the roundCube? Are you sure it's a VALID email address? Because it should work, I tested it now and it says that it sends so it should email. If it doesn't email, then the email isn't valid.
Did you remove the // from mail($to, $subject, $message)?

i really want to know how to send and receive info to and from websites with php. I think echo will send info from website to cc but im not sure how to post info to the website and receive it

What do you mean?

Receiving data in cc you just use http.get / http.request.
Sending data you do with http.post and how I said in post #7.
Goof #21
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:34 AM
yup i did remove the //.. wait a min will change the mail to my normal mailbox…
Goof #22
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:36 AM
What the hell! daFUUUUUQ! it works!!! but… can you tell me how to make a roundcube email?..

but now to the extra hard question.. what should i do, to send the email from CC to my mail?
the code you gave me..? but how… and what should i change?
–Snipply snip snap snip– – Just Derped question which is solved now xD
remiX #23
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:37 AM
yup i did remove the //.. wait a min will change the mail to my normal mailbox…

Try using a gmail one then (I use gmail one).
000webhost might have filtered who emails get send to…

Tested it and it works:

a5669148@srv44.000webhost.com
12:38 AM (0 minutes ago)

to me 
Name: failname
Email: test@test.com

What the hell! daFUUUUUQ! it works!!! but… can you tell me how to make a roundcube email?..

Haha!

What's a roundcube email? :P/>
Goof #24
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:46 AM
i dunno. xD it was just called Roundcube… but ONE thing.. now i've tested the spam… but i can spam my mailbox TOTALLY! my mailbox is now having about 58 emails from the php script… can you help me making sure not to spam, totally?''

Goof #25
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:48 AM
WTF! my website is suspended!!!! :o/>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
remiX #26
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:53 AM
Does it say due to mass-mail? Did you spam the email form?
It suspends the website if there is mass-mail (many emails within 1 minute).

Login in and then click 'Get help' and ask them to unsuspend it
Goof #27
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:55 AM
Well. i dont know why.. i only ran the code you gave me, once. so i dont understand why i got spammed.

but i have send them an "ticket" to unsuspend it asap :(/>

hopefully they will.

But could you help me with a spam protection filter?
Goof #28
Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:00 PM
well i have to go to bed now,,( its 00:00 / 12:00 PM/AM ( what is PM and AM ? if its 12 PM is it then midnight? ( or opposite?)) thanks xD )

See Ya tomorrow xD
remiX #29
Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:11 PM
Well. i dont know why.. i only ran the code you gave me, once. so i dont understand why i got spammed.

but i have send them an "ticket" to unsuspend it asap :(/>

hopefully they will.

But could you help me with a spam protection filter?

Yes I do have one :P/>

For this, you use $_SESSION['last_acces'] to get the time of the users' last access and time() (current time in long integer) and the seconds between each email.

Full code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>

<head>
  <title>Email Me</title>
</head>

<body>
	<h1>Example</h1>
	<p>Test email system</p>
	<?php
		session_start();

// Set-up these 4 parameters
		// 1. Enter the email address you would like the enquiry sent to
		// 2. Enter the subject of the email you will receive, when someone contacts you
		// 3. Enter the text that you would like the user to see once they submit the contact form
		// 4. Enter the text that the user would see if their form has failed to send.
		$to = 'email@here.com';
		$subject = 'Subject of the email';

$time_between_emails = 60;

return '';
			}
			return $string;
		}

}

}

if ($_SESSION['last_access'] AND time()-$time_between_emails <= $_SESSION['last_access']) {
					$secs = $time_between_emails-(time()-$_SESSION['last_access']);
					echo '<p style="color: red;">Please wait '.$secs.' more seconds before posting again.</p>';
				} else {
					mail($to,$subject,$message);
					$yourname = '';
					$youremail = '';
					$yourmessage = '';
					$_SESSION['last_access'] = time();
				}
			} else {
			}
		}
	?>
		<p style="padding-top: 15px"><span> </span><input class="submit" type="submit" name="contact_submitted" value="send" /></p>
	</form>
</body>
</html>

Just change the $to variable again.

Give it a test at my site. :P/>
Goof #30
Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:00 PM
so that script prevents spam, and i wont get suspended again?
remiX #31
Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:31 PM
so that script prevents spam, and i wont get suspended again?

Prevents spam of one person every minute, but if by chance a lot of people (30+ do it at the same time - then it will ban but I doubt that will happen)
Mads #32
Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:59 PM
Yay! Another Dane!
Goof #33
Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:08 PM
Ok
But remix, could it tthen be possible to make some extra features in the script, so if i type in "new update will be released soon!" in a specific box, then all the computer which use my porogran, would have a Nice scrollingtext with my message. Is that possible?

og hej til dig, mads :D/>/>
remiX #34
Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:22 PM
Ok
But remix, could it tthen be possible to make some extra features in the script, so if i type in "new update will be released soon!" in a specific box, then all the computer which use my porogran, would have a Nice scrollingtext with my message. Is that possible?

og hej til dig, mads :D/>/>/>

Hmm, well you could have a single page with the latest news and on the computer there can be an option for 'Check News' which then gets the latest news from that website - and only you are able to edit the current news.

Let me put something together as an example. 5 mins

EDIT:

here;
News website

News HTML Document Code
Spoiler

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>News of _</title>

<p>Latest News</p>

<p><news>New update is coming soon!</news></p>

<p><news>Contact me for anything if you need help!</news></p>

<p><news>Program has just been released!</news></p>

If you want it so you just enter news at any time with a php form, that would be more advanced (for like including the time)

Example code
Spoiler
local tNews = {}
local website = "http://test-my-php.freeiz.com/news.html"

local function getNews( sUrl )
	term.setCursorPos( 1, 1 )
	term.clear()
	local a = {} -- clear the current news (redifines the news table)
	print( "Collection news information ..." )
	local r = http.get( sUrl )
	if r then
		print("SUCCESS!")
		local content = r.readAll()
		r.close()
		-- Now get all the news
		for news in content:gmatch( "<news>(.-)</news>" ) do -- gets all news
			table.insert( a, news )
		end
	else
		print("FAILED!")
	end
	return a
end

tNews = getNews( website )

for i, v in pairs( tNews ) do
	print( v .. '\n' )
end

Just run the code and it should get the news off my website…
Check attachment
Goof #35
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:41 PM
but remix— can i just make a new file in the same website, thats called "News.php" ?=

i did mean: how can i make the text scrolling? like do i have to get the string:len() and then print that one letter or?
remiX #36
Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:05 AM
but remix— can i just make a new file in the same website, thats called "News.php" ?=

i did mean: how can i make the text scrolling? like do i have to get the string:len() and then print that one letter or?

The scrolling makes it more complicated to code.As for the news.php file, yes just make a new file by clicking New File at the top of the file manager page.As for the round boxes, I used CSS coding - google it and learn. I'll post the code later
Goof #37
Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:07 AM
Thanks… but try going to this website.. ( im trying to make an unofficial Website for MIKKOS ) xD

Here

but do you know any kind of email, where i can add a custom extension like this:

Owner@MikkOS.com

i hope you like it :D/>
Exerro #38
Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:17 AM
I dont want to start a whole new topic for this but i really dont know how to post things to websites. Obviously you put http.post but what does the website receive it as? i have no clue on how websites work
Goof #39
Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:20 AM
awsumben13, you could just use Remix' example code:

local name = "Your Name"
local email = "YourEmail@email.com"
local message = "This is my message"
local website = "http://Your_website_script_page.com"

local params = string.format("your_name=%s&amp;your_email=%s&amp;your_message=%s&amp;contact_submitted=send", name, email, message) -- substitutes the appropriate variables for each input type for the text boxes on the webpage

local res = http.post(website, params) -- attempts to post it

if res then
		print("Success!")
		local content = res.readAll()
		res.close()
		-- This part you would get the success message using string.find or whatever
else
		print("Failed!")
end
Goof #40
Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:05 AM
ehm i am getting to another problem :(/>

I designed my Website… but how can i add the "send email" script as the "index.php" script?
i want so i could just send it directly from my webpage…

Can someone help?
remiX #41
Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:20 AM
ehm i am getting to another problem :(/>

I designed my Website… but how can i add the "send email" script as the "index.php" script?
i want so i could just send it directly from my webpage…

Can someone help?

You used a default/custom theme that 000webhost.com offers, which sadly doesn't offer the ability of adding php coding into the files (well, at least that's what I think - I asked them but they said they don't help users that aren't premium). So you will need to make your own website using a template.
You can find a template from many websites - my ComputerCraft YouTube is using parts of a template, but I have some HTML and CSS knowledge so I didn't just copy paste a template, I customized mine a lot.

You can find a lot of templates here. And then once you have that, you can add the email form from your index.php page now into one of your own files.
Goof #42
Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:24 AM
Well. ok. i will try.. Whole new website should come back, soon :(/>
have to delete everything :o/>
Goof #43
Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:31 AM
edit: can you see this website: http://mikkos809.webuda.com/
remiX #44
Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:35 AM
but how did you upload a theme? / template

Delete all files/folders in the public folder in the File Manager except your index.php and .htaccess.
Then upload all the files / folders that's in the template via the 'Upload' button. I do not think you can upload folders, so you will need to make the folders first.
Goof #45
Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:11 AM
i know i shouldnt ask you to do this, but since im not the best at PHP and CSS coding, i will ask you, if you would like to help me building my website, and then help me making some special menus/submenus etc.. i hope
you would help me with this, since im not the best scripter in CSS or PHP… ( i have a bit html in my mind, but not everything ). (this cant be used but i also know a bit Batch)

remiX #46
Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:15 AM
i know i shouldnt ask you to do this, but since im not the best at PHP and CSS coding, i will ask you, if you would like to help me building my website, and then help me making some special menus/submenus etc.. i hope
you would help me with this, since im not the best scripter in CSS or PHP… ( i have a bit html in my mind, but not everything ). (this cant be used but i also know a bit Batch)

I could help now and then, mainly only during the weekends because I've been very busy lately.

But just try something with the templates and see how far you can get :)/>
Goof #47
Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:19 AM
okay, but the templates looks too dificult :(/> i dont understand any of that OMG-code. i hate when templates are so difficult, when i dont know so much about coding the PHP and CSS…

Right now im registering a new acc on 000webhost. and then make a website as good as i can… i can give you the website link, so you can see how far i can get :)/>

link

right now im trying to code as much as i know.. so stay tuned :I

Thanks
remiX #48
Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:23 AM
okay, but the templates looks too dificult :(/>/> i dont understand any of that OMG-code. i hate when templates are so difficult, when i dont know so much about coding the PHP and CSS…

Right now im registering a new acc on 000webhost. and then make a website as good as i can… i can give you the website link, so you can see how far i can get :)/>/>

link

right now im trying to code as much as i know.. so stay tuned :I

Thanks

Bookmarked :P/>

Don't worry, once you get used to the basics - it goes fast :)/>
Goof #49
Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:26 AM
Okay :)/> ehm one thing… could you link me a nice tutorial for Css and PHP ?

because im having a week to learn that, ( also more) xD because im having Winter vacation :D/>

So Ty :D/>

(but.. when im trying to load the file manager it is really slow to send the data from the server… does the same happens when you try?)
remiX #50
Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:56 AM
I did a lot of self-teaching - going through various templates and checking what everything does :P/>

When I did need help, I visited W3Schools. That website has everything :D/>