This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Azhf's profile picture

Computers won't boot?

Started by Azhf, 08 March 2013 - 12:56 PM
Azhf #1
Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:56 PM
So I installed EnderOS, and recently deleted it. The computers wouldn't boot. So, I made a startup file that had nothing on it. Still didn't boot. So I edited it to print something and still didn't work. Any ideas?
Azhf #2
Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:29 PM
eh, I will just reinstall it. Thanks for anyone who might have considered helping.
SuicidalSTDz #3
Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:31 PM
eh, I will just reinstall it. Thanks for anyone who might have considered helping.
EnderOS CANNOT edit the Lua Bios, I don't know why it wouldn't load. I would try breaking the computer then replacing it, check id's, or make sure you are dedicating enough RAM to Minecraft. If this continues to happen, PLEASE PM me as it COULD be a bug with EnderOS.

EDIT: You made a file named startup? Did that file contain EnderOS? If not, that's the problem. I would've replied sooner but, I was skating :D/>
3ydney #4
Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:30 PM
I pretty sure within EnderOS there is a ".enderOS" directory which is hidden. I dont know if this would effect the computer start.
Azhf #5
Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:32 PM
EnderOS CANNOT edit the Lua Bios, I don't know why it wouldn't load. I would try breaking the computer then replacing it, check id's, or make sure you are dedicating enough RAM to Minecraft. If this continues to happen, PLEASE PM me as it COULD be a bug with EnderOS.

EDIT: You made a file named startup? Did that file contain EnderOS? If not, that's the problem. I would've replied sooner but, I was skating :D/>
FOund the problem. On the following link, there is this guy. He is the one who makes an edit to his post stating(basically) that you CANNOT recreate a startup file, which would be the problem. Solved! ^_^/> http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/10876-the-re-write-challenge/page__pid__93640#entry93640
tesla1889 #6
Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:21 AM
–snip–
FOund the problem. On the following link, there is this guy. He is the one who makes an edit to his post stating(basically) that you CANNOT recreate a startup file, which would be the problem. Solved! ^_^/> http://www.computerc...3640#entry93640

ummmm no

you can strip ComputerCraft[version].zip/lua to nothing but a custom bios.lua file and an empty /rom folder and it will still work

this is the entire basis of my BareMetal BIOS program

as for the computer's files, creating a new /startup file shouldnt do anything
SuicidalSTDz #7
Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:16 AM
You can create a startup file anytime you want without affecting a computer to boot. (Unless that startup file tells the computer to shutdown). Yes, you are correct, there is a main directory I create named /.EnderOS. There is where I store all of your information and more. Also, did you Uninstall EnderOS? If so, I make (Well the Endermen) a file named /.Endermen which contains EnderOS for later use. They also create a file named EnderOS which gives you instructions to find the file.

I think if http is not enabled, I sleep for 3 seconds then shut the computer down. But that is not instant like you say.